Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Last I heard from a reliable source a couple of weeks ago was $800 million with 3 firms. Of course he's using the money you donated to pay for his defense!
Not even close. I heard from an ultra-reliable source that it was $800 BILLION and that he is stealing it from your social security accounts. Better check your latest statements.

The right-wing sheep will never learn . . .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Sorry I'm late to the party today; was practicing driving in the snow, so I can go on the Denver forum and not lose my sanity over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
A question to the liberals out there on CD.

Why doesnt obama just get this over with and show him the documents and shut down the case?

It would be easy for him to do so, unless he does in fact have something to hide.

I for one think that it is a load of bunk, but he could shut the whole thing down really fast by going to court and show the documents.
This has been answered, but it bears repeating: Obama has already satisfied a host of people that matter that he is a US born citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Back in those days it wasn't possible for a president to have parents born here, because the country was just starting. Only the American Indians then were natural born. Show a recent president, not one from ages ago.

Diane G
Oh, yes it was, sweetie. As several have posted here, even most of the very early presidents had parents who were born in the American colonies. Only Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, of the presidents born before the constitution, had non-American born parents. Jefferson's mother was born in England, and Jackson's parents were born in Northern Ireland. The most recent president to have a non-US born parent was Herbert Hoover. There is no evidence that any of these presidents' parents became US citizens (and none that says they didn't, either).

Old 12-04-2008, 01:07 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Last I heard from a reliable source a couple of weeks ago was $800 million with 3 firms. Of course he's using the money you donated to pay for his defense!
What planet are you from, Kooter? Even if a law firm charged $500/hr which is probably the upper limit for something like that, $800 million would pay for 1.6 million hours of legal time, which is about 182 years working 24 hours/day.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:16 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What planet are you from, Kooter? Even if a law firm charged $500/hr which is probably the upper limit for something like that, $800 million would pay for 1.6 million hours of legal time, which is about 182 years working 24 hours/day.
My mistake! I had "million" on my mind... I meant $800k. Sorry!

My son would be a minimum of $800 hour.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
My mistake! I had "million" on my mind... I meant $800k. Sorry!

My son would be a minimum of $800 hour.
These cases aren't difficult to defend so I don't know who would justify spending $800/hr., but even using that figure I don't see how defense attorneys have spent 1,000 hours on these cases. All they've had to do is file a few briefs.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
These cases aren't difficult to defend so I don't know who would justify spending $800/hr., but even using that figure I don't see how defense attorneys have spent 1,000 hours on these cases. All they've had to do is file a few briefs.
Kootr makes stuff up....

Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
I'm not suggesting that my son is working on this...because he's not. With large law firms it all depends on how many associate lawyers, partners, etc. are working on the case. It adds up quickly! For example, the firm working on the Lehman Bros. bankruptcy will bring in about $200 million for their work.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM

343 posts, read 942,204 times
You want proof he is not from the US or earth for that matter. Click on the link below.

YouTube - Obama: Born On Krypton

Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,750 times
Quote:
Can you explain why is willing to waste millions of dollars fighting the ever-increasing number of "frivolous" lawsuits"?
Where do you "hear" these things? Through the antennae on your tinfoil hat? Not one of these cases has made it far enough to require a court appearance.

Now, there are only 2 categories of citizenship in the US. You are either Natural Born (a citizen at birth) or Naturalized. I'm positive you cannot produce a third title used by the government for citizenship in the US. No matter the process to get there, all citizens are recognized as either Natural Born or Naturalized.

In order to be a Naturalized Citizen, one must apply for citizenship, meet residency and other requirements, take a test and take an oath. All those scenarios you dream up about being born out of the country, parent's citizenship problems, ect, still would require paperwork establishing the citizenship of the child. Even when a child is automatically naturalized through the parent's naturalization process, you have the documentation of the parent. Quite a bit of public record is available with all that, and those documents go across many desks each time a person must show proof of citizenship for the various momentous occasions of life.

Clearly President Elect Obama is a citizen of the US. One must be a citizen to be a sitting US Senator. The FBI does that vetting. Everyone who has a clearance badge to work in the Capitol building has undergone a thorough background check, and undergoes another one any time they need a higher security clearance. Obama's a citizen, either by birth or naturalization.

So, Kootr, please produce documentation of Obama's naturalization process. Anything. Any document? Any record? What? Nothing exists? Well gollyshucks, then he's a Natural Born citizen.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Not even close. I heard from an ultra-reliable source that it was $800 BILLION and that he is stealing it from your social security accounts. Better check your latest statements.
Oh yeah??? Well my ultra reliable source says it was $800 gazillion! So there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections