Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is just so embarrassing. I feel your pain Kooter.

Of course you didn't need to run off to FOX to get help, all this has been explained you right here on more than one occasion... strike that, a thousand times!
There is a lot involved in the various lawsuits filed against Obama. there's nothing better than having different sources pertaining to specific issues. I suggest everyone here interested in the lawsuits visit that site...and participate too. You might even learn something...instead of just hoping that Obama isn't vetted properly before taking the oath to uphold the Constitution, which he thinks is stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
There is a lot involved in the various lawsuits filed against Obama. there's nothing better than having different sources pertaining to specific issues. I suggest everyone here interested in the lawsuits visit that site...and participate too. You might even learn something...instead of just hoping that Obama isn't vetted properly before taking the oath to uphold the Constitution, which he thinks is stupid.
Kooter, seriously, instead of hanging out here or even the Hannity board, go to a couple of reputable legal blogs and read what the lawyers are saying and have been saying on this issue. Please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor seek out professional help, I mean opinions.

SCOTUSblog

court-o-rama.org

Legal Blog Watch

The Volokh Conspiracy - -

PS - Kooter, it isn't just the issue that you discuss this on another blog, the real problem is your rank dishonesty in presenting these issues as if they were your own. While on the Hannity site I notice at least one major act of plagiarism on your part (to say nothing about copyright infringement and the wholesale violation of C-D's TOS). But not only that, your misrepresentation, in effect a lie, was used to defame Obama as a liar. Not that takes some pretty unmitigated gall.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Aw, come on, folks.

Hannity has at least as much credibility as the Marcabians.

Xenu may be due any minute. Watch what you say.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hannity has at least as much credibility as the Marcabians.

Xenu may be due any minute. Watch what you say.

Dare I ask?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Kooter, seriously, instead of hanging out here or even the Hannity board, go to a couple of reputable legal blogs and read what the lawyers are saying and have been saying on this issue. Please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor seek out professional help, I mean opinions.

SCOTUSblog

court-o-rama.org

Legal Blog Watch

The Volokh Conspiracy - -

PS - Kooter, it isn't just the issue that you discuss this on another blog, the real problem is your rank dishonesty in presenting these issues as if they were your own. While on the Hannity site I notice at least one major act of plagiarism on your part (to say nothing about copyright infringement and the wholesale violation of C-D's TOS). But not only that, your misrepresentation, in effect a lie, was used to defame Obama as a liar. Not that takes some pretty unmitigated gall.
Oh please! I visit numerous sites and blogs for information. The most active is the Hannity board (Per Mod Ruling: The ONE, the ONLY Obama Birth Certificate Thread - Sean Hannity Discussion) and the one where if you have a problem understanding a specific area someone there will have the answer. For your information much of the information posted there is already posted elsewhere and shared on various sites as simply "information", which is shared throughout the world wide web.

I do suggest you read through the almost 14,000 posts about this topic, especially the posts after about 9,000. Lots of solid information. Sometimes it can be very fast-paced. You'll even find your fair share of huge Obama fans too... You'll like it (I think)!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Dare I ask?
Tom Cruise can tell you, if he ever comes out of his Alien Shelter.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Funny how some of the MSM is picking this story up now (ABC, WaPo, etc) - on the eve of SCOTUS rejecting the case W/O comment.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,097 times
Zantax is the one who provided the link that didn't show anything related to the claim.
Quote:
As far as I can tell they were and it doesn't matter, if they were elected in violation of the constitution it would not constitute any kind of legal precedent to violate it again, essentially nullifying part of the constitution by virtue of a criminal act.
TXArchitect echoed the party line:
Quote:
I believe the other president's fathers, while foreign-born, had become naturalized US citizens before the birth of their POTUS-bound sons. Obama's father while foreign born, was not a US citizen at the time of Obama's birth. That is the difference.
Kooter was eventually convinced by Zantax, with no links to prove anything, still. They repeated it long enough, and eventually he accepted it. That must be why he uses the technique with us.
Sean Hannity Discussion - View Single Post - Per Mod Ruling: The ONE, the ONLY Obama Birth Certificate Thread
Quote:
Thank you! So (hopefully) I have found the answer - that the other presidents all had parents that were naturalized U.S. citizens. Does others agree with this??? colorado - do you agree?
And again, with TXArchitect, "Thank you sir! I hope you are correct...and that the others here agree..."

Colorado posted this doozy in response to one of Kooter's questions:
Sean Hannity Discussion - View Single Post - Per Mod Ruling: The ONE, the ONLY Obama Birth Certificate Thread

Quote:
Under Sec. 301 (a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, the act in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth, the following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(7) "a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years:

Even if he was born in Hawaii, this law must be applied for him to have citizenship due to his mothers age and his fathers foreign citizenship. His mother was 18

"period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years"

This
is just patently false. You don't apply the standards for a foreign birth to a baby born in this country! And after that, Colorado goes on to misinterpret the Immigration and Nationality Act.
I particularly loved this part!
Quote:
Hawaii became a State somewhere around the year 1960.
It was already populated by many people, and people who either had citizenship from another nation of none at all.

This law was passed to give them American Citizenship.
That is because they could not have citizenship any other way as they are in no way natural born citizens.
According to Colorado, nobody born in Hawaii can ever be a Natural Born Citizen!

TaylorW65 tried to shed some light on it, claiming that Obama, Sr. became a naturalized citizen by marrying Dunham - this seems unlikely to me, but was an entertaining effort.

Colorado elevated the conversation, observing that "He will never be my President, and I will call for criminal prosecution every day he sits in office, if you Constitution despising supporters want to divide the country with this fraud."

They then back off their claim that the four prior presidents born after the Constitution had parents who had been naturalized, falling back on "prove they weren't!" and "But if nobody raised the point, then it was not a precedent.!"

Oh, look - at 9:23pm, something relevant. I'll post this and go look at that.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny how some of the MSM is picking this story up now (ABC, WaPo, etc) - on the eve of SCOTUS rejecting the case W/O comment.
I really don't understand why the MSM hasn't picked up on this topic. It has been growing for many weeks now, and with all the lawsuits, it IS news in every regard. far greater news than 75% of what the MSM covers on a regular basis. It sure sounds like someone with great authority has told the MSM not to report on this topic until they are given the green light...

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,030,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Should we assume since you didn't link or quote them that they are either non existent or not favorable to your perspective? If you link and QUOTE then readers will be better able to judge the veracity of this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections