Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 03:36 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times

Advertisements

"Russia and China are deeply committed to integrating Iran into their Eurasian vision. Iran may finally be admitted as a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) at the upcoming summer summit in Russia. That implies a full-fledged security/commercial/political partnership involving Russia, China, Iran and most Central Asian ’stans’."

Another Idiotic Plan to Hurt Russia » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 06:55 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
^
Hehe boy if people read that they'll expect US 'hegemony' to decline tomorrow!...;-)...

So....no secret that energy and its supplies make the world go 'round. And that's why we see the work on a 'Eurasian Union'. All know that they've got to get themselves together in order to protect themselves from the vicissitudes of the energy/oil business and it is changing due to the extent of supplies and how various countries are dealing with it. With the U.S. The country is slowing io il imports.
And they see the writing on the wall.

Can Russia live on simply energy exports forever? No. What e,we do they have? Can Iran live simply on oil? No. And China. With their growth they're going to suck up all the energy supplies it can get. PS they have their check books out already with the U.S. And Europe they're getting wise that being very dependent on Russian energy isn't exactly good for their nations. What'll be interesting us how Russia and Chiba handle their competitive relationship later.

The U.S. of course has to be involved in the Middle East and that is because the countries she is allied with have oil needs. Geopolitically the ME is very important for the U.S. And it will try to ensure free markets and free flow of goods in the seas and oceans.

'Counterpunching' articles such as the above are nice to rile up anti- US sentiment but at bottom it's a very simplified discussion to u derstanding the the global implications of country energy policies.

PS Vladimir is sure glad he got the Crimea. Helped him out with those oil beds down there in the deeps! That's energy policy for you..;-)...

Old 04-21-2015, 04:52 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhovitin View Post

Just interesting to know, what do other peoples think about that.
I think that I agree with Artyom, when people in Ukraine find out what is really going on here, they will go crazy, at least that part of them which has retained remnants of conscience

Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Seems the head of security in Ukraine has said if you value your life, keep your mouth shut.

В СБУ советуют "украинофобаР" уменьшить свою риторику до нуля - Korrespondent.net

Quote:
Head of the Main Investigation Department of the Security Service of Ukraine Vasily Vovk offers "Ukrainophobia" minimize the appropriate rhetoric for their own safety due to the recent murders of resonance in Ukraine
Democracy rules!!!

Old 04-22-2015, 08:43 AM

Re: 'Democracy in Ukraine"

I'd think it necessary that the quicker Vlad goes the better so Ukraine can manage her democratic orientation efforts. He is really inimical to the country on that. And perhaps only a matter of time when democratic forces will be significant on public opinion in Russia. Alot of bad air mayl go out the window. Curious what free elections as well as social research on certain topics would tell on the Russian population nowadays.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

I'd think it necessary that the quicker Vlad goes the better so Ukraine can manage her democratic orientation efforts. He is really inimical to the country on that. And perhaps only a matter of time when democratic forces will be significant on public opinion in Russia. Alot of bad air mayl go out the window. Curious what free elections as well as social research on certain topics would tell on the Russian population nowadays.
Vlad can go. But Russians are staying, with all their resistance to Bandera followers, and to infringement of American geopolitical interests on historically Russian territories. ( I am talking Eastern Ukraine and Crimea first of all.) Enough is enough.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:41 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

Lol...Serious? They had a functioning democracy; guess what happened? Some people did not like democracy and a legitimate elected president, so they took the anti-democracy route. So tell me, what will these people do next time they do not like someone in office?

These people only appreciate democracy as so long it they are the victors in the election, if they are not, then they do not have a care in the world for democracy.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:19 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times
More than a thousand miners stormed the building of the Administration of the President in Kiev.
The miners have already broken through the protection and came close to the building on Bankova street, they are shouting and beating helmets on the asphalt. I won't quote here all I read about it, just will say that I didn't see anything like this since 1998 year.
Miners don't recieve salary for few months and soon 10 thousands of them will be fired because mines will be closed. Prosperous Ukraine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAHHTCGv9c

Old 04-23-2015, 06:44 AM

Re: "These people only appreciate democracy as so long it they are the victors in the election, if they are not, then they do not have a care in the world for democracy"

Box...I'd say Ukraine has been a victim of gross Russian interference for quite awhile. It is evident there is great fear on her 'movements'.

And some history on the interesting Russian attitude to 'democracy'. In '17 for the elections to the Assembly after the Bolshis grabbed power , the Socialst party in free elections won over the Bolshis. What did the Bolshis do? Well they got rid of the Assembly! In any case some people speak their mind when given the chance...;-)...

Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
http://thesaker.is/what-does-putin-w...nko-must-read/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe