Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 09:43 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I thought only crazy Ukrainians live in Canada. Soviet, Russian, Belarusian, Serbian flags...
That was the response to those crazy Ukrainians living in Canada and their increased activities I suppose))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 12:41 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
Afghanistan : Taliban
Iraq : ISIS
Most troups were withdrawn.
US-presence in these countries is in agreement with the current democratic governments
and not threatening neighbor countries.
Is UNO or Russia or ... against this and the current political systems ?
No one is against the current situation. Let the US disentangle themselves the **** that they're created.

Quote:
see UNO, wikipedia worldbank or such for neutral, independent opinions.
USA is OK with her neighbors, Russia is not.
Russia does not interfere in politics neighbors the United States, the United States intervenes in the policy of Russia's neighbors.

Quote:
Serbia was threatening mass murder in Kosovo, refugees, see e.g. wikipedia or such.
The problem had to be solved through negotiations. NATO has created a precedent that's Russians used in Georgia in a similar situation.

Quote:
No colonialism or military bases or control of holy graves or historical places or such.
Because Serbs defended their country. US not decided on a full-scale war.

Quote:
Also Golf of Tonking(sp?) , Iranian airplane ... but usually it was the Russians who lied
I grew watching East-and West German TV , examining the truth ...
Times ideological confrontation have passed. Russia and Germany must quickly forget the old grievances and establish normal economic and military alliance. But for this you need to stop being a vassal of the United States.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:55 PM

And it's time to forget all these parades on Victory Day and feelings of repentance. We must look to the future and build a normal Europe.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Because Serbs defended their country. US not decided on a full-scale war.
The Kosovo insurgency formula has been played out over and over again in other countries.

'CIA's bastard army ran riot in Balkans' backed extremists' | World news | The Guardian

The police in Kosovo were no match for paramilitary groups that were backed by the CIA or BND.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 PM

261 posts, read 256,448 times
I no longer watch TV, my source is mainly internet.
On controversial political issues wikipedia is a good start (IMO)
What's your sources ?

Old 05-03-2015, 08:22 AM

The Guardian (linked above) used to be one of the better newspapers. I used to read it and other British papers all the time before Cameron clamped down on reporting after the NSA and GCHQ scandals were leaked. The US papers blacked out a lot of the stories that were getting coverage in the UK, including the US terror plots comprised almost entirely of FBI stings, ongoing US oversight of the Iraqi death squads and torture, Petraeus' divide-and-rule policy in Iraq, the CIA's complicity in Taliban terror plots in Pakistan, and so on.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:08 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Re: "And it's time to forget all these parades on Victory Day and feelings of repentance. We must look to the future and build a normal Europe"

Maksim Maksim....Illegally -annexing territory post-war in modern Europe today and continually destabilizing a neighbor cannot be a way to bring around a 'normal' Europe. It is a myth to think Europe has moved on from the war since each country has its own ills that still are in memory and governing attitudes. Russia apparently continues to pick the scab of wounds that haven't healed.

I was surprised to read on how Russia is approaching their history of Ukraine especially the '33 Famine. In writing a new history of the Donetsk region's relationship with Russia, the separatist education minister has thrown out the previous Ukrainian history focusing on brutal repression under Stalin. There was great death among Ukrainians. Instead the new view being taught has the Famine practically ignored in the revised history syllabus. It gets a little attention but not much. One more kick by Russia to dissolve Ukrainian identity.

How can there be a 'normal' Europe when this is going on beggars belief.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Maksim Maksim....Illegally -annexing territory post-war in modern Europe today and continually destabilizing a neighbor cannot be a way to bring around a 'normal' Europe.
1. For you - illegal, for us - legal, based on a referendum.
2. Destabilize the neighbor is not Russia, but West. Yanuokvich called early elections, but West has supported the military coup. Why? It cannot be a way to bring around a 'normal' Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
I was surprised to read on how Russia is approaching their history of Ukraine especially the '33 Famine. In writing a new history of the Donetsk region's relationship with Russia, the separatist education minister has thrown out the previous Ukrainian history focusing on brutal repression under Stalin. There was great death among Ukrainians. Instead the new view being taught has the Famine practically ignored in the revised history syllabus. It gets a little attention but not much. One more kick by Russia to dissolve Ukrainian identity.

How can there be a 'normal' Europe when this is going on beggars belief.
After separation from USSR, Ukraine published history textbooks that are blamed for everything Russia. This terrible xenophobic textbooks that incite hatred. Why 'normal' Europe was not against it, I do not know.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I no longer watch TV, my source is mainly internet.
On controversial political issues wikipedia is a good start (IMO)
What's your sources ?
Yes, Wikipedia - is a good resource. Kosovo have independence without UN mandate. Serbia was bombed, but defended its independence.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:12 AM

There are also some reference in the timelines to peace agreements being abrutly scuttled by the US and leading to the wars in Bosnia and Serbia. It's been a while since I've read the background on Yugoslavia, but the conditions for the breakup of the federation and the wars were created when the IMF forced the Yugoslavia into accepting an IMF-appointed economist to manage the economy in order to avoid a debt default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe