Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie101 View Post
What's it like to live in Russia if your black?
I already know its not America where blacks are
on par with white people.

I'm just asking what's its Like to reside in Russia
thru the eyes of a black man or black woman?
You know my one friend was husband black on top for the people he was exotic, later people got used to it like any other. They now have a baby, he is also black and there is no difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
You know my one friend was husband black on top for the people he was exotic, later people got used to it like any other. They now have a baby, he is also black and there is no difference.
Where in Russia is this?

I remember seeing a story on youtube about a town in Western Russia that had a Black resident who was running for mayor, and they called him the Russian Obama.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Wiki says that there are about 40,000 mixed-race Russians - Russians of Black African descent. (2010).
I know that some Africans attended their universities, but how many decided to stay?
Black skin remains extremely rare in Russia. I wonder how many Black African live there.

According to BBC officially there are some 10,000 Africans living in Moscow alone, but far more are believed to live there illegally - many as economic migrants.
BBC NEWS | Europe | Africans 'under siege' in Moscow

There was a black man (Joachim Ritu Cabi Crima, a Guinea-Bissau native farmer) who ran for head of one of the the Russian districts, however, both he and another black candidate for the post came in third (with 4.75%) and last against the United Russia incumbent.
They are actually very small and it is very rare. In Moscow, it is natural, since many come there to learn, as well as in St. Petersburg. In any case, if you do not run into Nerds and neo-Nazis, then do not worry. Since for most people, you just exotic and is of great interest, and nothing more.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where in Russia is this?

I remember seeing a story on youtube about a town in Western Russia that had a Black resident who was running for mayor, and they called him the Russian Obama.
This is in my town and my familiar. His wife met him at St. Petersburg University, and later they came back to my city.

Yeah, I heard about it. -Russian Obama

Old 03-02-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
No blacks in AK, racism in the USSR... don't you want to alter your username?
The USSR was not racism. Intsedent were not racist. Those who behaved arrogantly and rudely those just beaten. It is natural for any person. My father told me about some of the cases in those days. When a girl approaches him to fight a black man with a bottle of champagne and forcibly tries to get her to dance with him. Naturally, they did not go without .........

Old 03-02-2014, 11:24 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
This is in my town and my familiar. His wife met him at St. Petersburg University, and later they came back to my city.

Yeah, I heard about it. -Russian Obama
As I said earlier, there are no problems in the Russian Far East. Kamchatka is a great place. What is his profession, where does he work?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As I said earlier, there are no problems in the Russian Far East. Kamchatka is a great place. What is his profession, where does he work?
The last time I saw him and his family two years ago, he worked in the fishing Companies

Old 03-03-2014, 03:18 AM

251 posts, read 396,284 times
Eastern European Countries in general are not safe for blacks.

If you want to live in Europe then the best option is France or England. Black people are well integrated in these countries.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,072,655 times
READ THIS

Afro-Russian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
It is strange since my son was stationed over in a part of Russia were they never seen a black person before him. The six months that he was there the kids loved him and he would have people send blankets, toys and clothing from the states to them. They were very sad when he left. Since it was classified he could not tell me where he was but he said the people looked Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe