Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,032,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantabriansea View Post
Phantom airports in Spain. The most famous one is the "airport" of Castellon, that never had an airplane landing on it.
An example of wasteful spending that reign in Spain some years ago.
The airport was officially declared "open" by local authorities in March 2011 despite having no airlines signed up to land there, nor government approval to operate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castel...Azahar_Airport

http://fotos.motor.es/fotos-noticias...2742213703.jpg

http://www.gomeratoday.com/wp-conten.../castellon.jpg
http://www.extraconfidencial.com/arc...-castellon.jpg

And let's return to other subjects like the pardons spanish politican offer to their friends convicted.

Gallardon offer pardon to nine politician sentenced for perversion of justice and missappropiation.

Gallardn concedi el indulto en apenas un ao a nueve cargos polticos condenados por prevaricacin y malversacin de fondos pblicos - Extraconfidencial.com

Gallardon offered pardon to a kamikaze driver who run over two pedestrians on purpose.

Gallardón indulta ahora a un conductor que atropelló adrede a dos peatones

I'll continue, so maybe you'll get the idea... why Spain is a third world country
Speaking of phantom airports, the airport in Valencia was nearly empty jajaja. Some Spaniards getting off the plane with me joked "Are we the only ones here? it's like a ghost town." It was pretty funny, but I'm sure Valencia & Alicante get more traffic than Castellon.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 AM

32 posts, read 34,379 times
The fact that Spain is one of the leading economies in the world provokes electrical surges in "Deep Fundamentalists" in Kansas, Oklahoma, etc. It breaks their living schemes, it breaks all their weltanschauung. In Spain, most people speak Spanish, so they have to be underdeveloped, brown and eat tacos, if not their fuses blow. Spanish are Papists and have gay wedding, so people in Spain are "ultraliberal taco eaters and tireless burro riders".

One of them was amazed by the fact that there were no Taco Vivas in Spain, and Madrid did not look like East Los Ángeles, he went to explain that probably Taco Viva had another name.

Spanish rednecks are no different, until not a long time ago they thuoght that Americans only drank Coke and were always chewing gum and that they were Cherokees and Cow Boys that spent their free time chasing blacks.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:33 AM

285 posts, read 750,414 times
Here another example... happened in Spain, I guess my own country is just another banana republic...

http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com...244975496.html

About 20 marines from the US base, "Morón de la Frontera" in Spain, caused violent incidents in Spain, first in some bars and finally they entered a public employment service office and almost destroyed it.
The Spanish reaction. None. The Spanish police didn't arrested the violent marines and they spanish authorites just complaint half-heartedly in the US embassy.
Are our authorities just puppets of the US goverment?
IMHO they acted like that because they don't respect our country, they don't take Spain as if it were a serious country, they know Spain is a feeble country under the US power.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM

285 posts, read 750,414 times
A high member of the party at the goverment, disobeys traffic police and run over police.

Not even arrested.

Aguirre desobedeció tres veces a los agentes y no entregó los papeles de su coche - Noticias de España

Old 04-05-2014, 03:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
A high member of the party at the goverment, disobeys traffic police and run over police.

Not even arrested.

Aguirre desobedeció tres veces a los agentes y no entregó los papeles de su coche - Noticias de España
This isn't exclusive to Spain. In every country, the politicians, especially the higher ranking ones, get away with more crimes than the ordinary citizens do

Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 PM

161 posts, read 172,238 times
Quote:
I mean by "third world country" a poor, undeveloped country, plagued with political corruption, with a small rich elite(politician, bankseters, patrons...), a broad mass of poor population, almost deindustrializated ...

I thought about that after a friend of mine sent me a pic from a humor magazine.

Attachment 127082

I have I read about the new measure the Spanish government is preparing to degrade even further the working condiitons, lower salaries, free dismissal... for amost any reason... if you get sick two weeks... or the boss don't like your shoes.
I we're already not a third world country we are catching up Somalia pretty fast.

Btw, French guys, your country is next...
No, it's still a developed nation or first world as you would call it.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:30 AM

652 posts, read 874,709 times
Part of my favorite traditions about Spain is the frequent siesta's and the laziness of the Greeks next door.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 AM

603 posts, read 1,632,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
Part of my favorite traditions about Spain is the frequent siesta's and the laziness of the Greeks next door.
Well unfortunately that is the way these people have been made to be like although once they were good powers but not anymore.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
I mean by "third world country" a poor, undeveloped country, plagued with political corruption, with a small rich elite(politician, bankseters, patrons...), a broad mass of poor population, almost deindustrializated ...

I thought about that after a friend of mine sent me a pic from a humor magazine.

I have I read about the new measure the Spanish government is preparing to degrade even further the working condiitons, lower salaries, free dismissal... for amost any reason... if you get sick two weeks... or the boss don't like your shoes.
I we're already not a third world country we are catching up Somalia pretty fast.

Btw, French guys, your country is next...
Have you actually been to Spain? It is not a third world country, and in some ways it is much more modern than the US.

"plagued with political corruption, with a small rich elite (politician, bankseters, patrons...), a broad mass of poor population.." Sounds like the US.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:48 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,808 times
kantabriansea can I ask you where in Spain are you from? I suppose from the North because of your nickname but...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe