Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 03:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They weren't going to remain silent. It was a political issue and would be settled with the new elections.
In this case, I think that these people are stupid. I think it's very foolish to hope for elections when guys with chains and Molotov cocktails destroy your Constitution. (The overthrow of Yanukovych was unconstitutional).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 04:09 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
In this case, I think that these people are stupid. I think it's very foolish to hope for elections when guys with chains and Molotov cocktails destroy your Constitution. (The overthrow of Yanukovych was unconstitutional).
And Putin follows Russia's constitution? Article 31?

Yanukovych was overthrown partly because he violated similar clause of Ukraine's constitution with the so called anti protest laws. Couldn't copy Putin fast enough...

Old 10-06-2017, 06:04 AM

The most unusual meeting.

https://twitter.com/mahaoo99/status/...297664/photo/1

+

https://youtu.be/uzlFxMvqQ4s

Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
I doubt it was all about business.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:37 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
Russia and Saudi are the 2 countries that can cap excess oil production and they lead the world in oil exports. They have a very large mutual interest in that regard since prices are stuck around $50 a barrel. So its mostly business. The rest of OPEC is basically pumping as much as they can so they have to cooperate or prices will stay low for a long time.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Russia and Saudi are the 2 countries that can cap excess oil production and they lead the world in oil exports. They have a very large mutual interest in that regard since prices are stuck around $50 a barrel. So its mostly business. The rest of OPEC is basically pumping as much as they can so they have to cooperate or prices will stay low for a long time.
The world is changing fast. Planning ahead is prudent. I haven't seen much when it comes details but some should be out soon. The Saudis are smartening up.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they discussed Syria.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Yanukovych was overthrown partly because he violated similar clause of Ukraine's constitution with the so called anti protest laws. Couldn't copy Putin fast enough...
OK. Everyone has the right to his point of view.

btw, erasure and Scrat are old wise people. I recommend sometimes listening to them.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:05 PM

I have to say Erasure knows more than me and I have learned much from her. Her knowledge base is much deeper than mine. I was privileged to see Russia in a time lapse from 1994 to 2008. I saw them struggle up from their knees and make something of themselves in some of the most challenging conditions you can imagine. Russians are a tough breed and admirable as a people.

Another tune from Vera B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGKp2YfpySU

Old 10-06-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The countries which are stable in the world are liberal democracies. Sorry to bring it up again but it takes competitive governments and rule of law to bring stability and prosperity. A fair way to measure stability is the interest rates governments have to pay to issue debt. Russia is around 9%.
Bull****. Russia is a stable country and it is not a "democracy". If there is even a country in the west that is a "democracy". I live in a "representative republic" where representatives are elected by the people (if they have deep enough pockets) to do the will of the people they represent. Once they're elected they promptly forget about those who put them there because they have to start filling their pockets for the next election. The corruption that results from this ensures the servitude of our elected officials to entities other than the people.

The more you say the sillier you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe