Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 08:38 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

Yes, let's tell me about freedom of speech in America ... All this is a lie for people like you...
I have already given this example.. I think you know what happened to Alex Jones and his channel "Info Wars" . He accused US politicians of such things that they usually blame others for, and I think that many did not like him. Yes, some of his statements maybe have been contradictory and perhaps even delusional, but still.
Sorry, your post doesn't prove anything. Alex Jones is still around. The places that shut him down are all privately owned corporations. I do think it was a bad move on their part, but nothing illegal.

Freedom of speech in the US is certainly not in the best state, but if you honestly expect me to believe that Russia has it better, you're deluding yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 07:57 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Sorry, your post doesn't prove anything. Alex Jones is still around. The places that shut him down are all privately owned corporations. I do think it was a bad move on their part, but nothing illegal.

Freedom of speech in the US is certainly not in the best state, but if you honestly expect me to believe that Russia has it better, you're deluding yourself.
I do not say that freedom of speech in Russia is limitless, but I also don’t see any strong censorship restrictions. In my opinion, this freedom is even too much. I think on this indicator, Russia and the United States are approximately equal.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:39 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Interesting video of Georgian refugees still iiving in sanatoria after all this time. As the narrator says, the fall of the Soviet Union was an epic tragedy. All the scum of the earth tried to take power in their own little fiefdoms and many people suffered. Putin was also misrepresented in what he said by the western media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjF4jiOOdPY&app=desktop

Now MWR, what would happen to any journo who would dare to say otherwise about the accepted narrative here in the west? Would deviation from the narrative currently enforced be acceptable?

Of course not.

Things like this is why America and the west in general are not about free speech, free flow of ideas or anything else. It's about toeing the line. the nail that stands out gets hammered. Say what your masters want to hear and get a paycheck. Truth be damned.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Maybe Russia should cut off all US airlines flights through Siberian airspace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdNDYBt9e_U&app=desktop

Old 07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Maybe Russia should cut off all US airlines flights through Siberian airspace.
Sure, Russia can do whatever they want against their country's interests as Putin runs the show without being accountable to Russian citizens. He can make any deal bad for their people if it gets him what he wants. He can use the federal budget for whatever malign activities that help him stay in power, ban whatever he wants and every time it hurts Russians he doesn't care, why would he.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Sure, Russia can do whatever they want against their country's interests as Putin runs the show without being accountable to Russian citizens. He can make any deal bad for their people if it gets him what he wants. He can use the federal budget for whatever malign activities that help him stay in power, ban whatever he wants and every time it hurts Russians he doesn't care, why would he.
Who says it would hurt Russians? Or hurt Russia? So money might disappear from the coffers but it sure won't be a lot. It would send a message to America also in reference to it's coming irrelevance.

Putin shot down the Dumas proposed retaliation against Georgia for the ongoing shennanigans against him and his people. It's called taking the gih road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0huewAJyrYg&app=desktop

If you want a good read about the history of Abkhazia and South Ossetia after WWI download the writings of Corey Welt in his PDF called A Fateful Moment.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:50 PM

Seems Airbus is getting ready to edge Boeing out of first place when it comes to aircraft manufacturing.

It would be a good time stop buying Boeing and cut off Russian titanium to Boeing. Just sell it to China and Airbus.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:58 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Sure they can do that too and likely Boeing would fire its 1,200 engineers in Moscow and close their design center in Skolkovo. Who needs technology jobs when there are openings in the trolling factory?

Old 07-10-2019, 12:30 PM

750 posts, read 907,935 times
All russia in one minute

Old 07-10-2019, 12:57 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
A little bit of video ))

https://youtu.be/1dPavXD16XQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe