Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim. Don't. Get. Me. Even. Started. Here.

There is NO LAW in Russia, where money are concerned.
The "cultural heritage monument" stops being such, as soon as some ****ty developer with "right connections" wants that prized possession - the land, the location. And this goes first of all for Moscow, with all its banks and with all its booming economy, where half of the country is moving to.
Attitude of Russians and law is described by old vulgar joke:

- Поручик, как вам удаётся так успешно знакомиться с женщинами?
- Всё очень просто, подходите и говорите: "Мадам, можно я вам вдую?"
- Но, поручик, там можно и по мордам получить!
- Можно получить, а можно и вдуть...

The law works and protects a buildings. But big money is big money. I think that Russia is not some exceptional country in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's just simply ( I'm sure) you are not aware of those things, because (as you've mentioned earlier) you are not a native Moscovite, so you are not watching for those kind of things that native Moscovites do, because living there generation after generation, THEY know the difference, and the destruction of the historic part of Moscow that started taking place under the damn Y. Luzhkov and proceeded under the current mayor as well.
No, I read a lot about it, and I understand the feelings of Muscovites. Moscow (and the Moscow region as a whole) just was not lucky. Moscow became an open financial center of huge country, and big money (along with criminal mayors), tore it up.

This is typical for the entire Moscow region. For example, the center of Pushkino.

While there is a demand for real estate, the buildings will be built. Only a sharp increase in wages in other regions of Russia can contribute to the outflow of population from the Moscow region. Then this madness will stop.

The second option is the closure of the city (entering the limit as in the USSR). But I am against the limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Attitude of Russians and law is described by old vulgar joke:

- Поручик, как вам удаётся так успешно знакомиться с женщинами?
- Всё очень просто, подходите и говорите: "Мадам, можно я вам вдую?"
- Но, поручик, там можно и по мордам получить!
- Можно получить, а можно и вдуть...

The law works and protects a buildings. But big money is big money. I think that Russia is not some exceptional country in this regard.

No, I read a lot about it, and I understand the feelings of Muscovites. Moscow (and the Moscow region as a whole) just was not lucky. Moscow became an open financial center of huge country, and big money (along with criminal mayors), tore it up.

This is typical for the entire Moscow region. For example, the center of Pushkino.

While there is a demand for real estate, the buildings will be built. Only a sharp increase in wages in other regions of Russia can contribute to the outflow of population from the Moscow region. Then this madness will stop.

The second option is the closure of the city (entering the limit as in the USSR). But I am against the limits.
Do you think it would help if Russia moved the capital? I heard that some politicians suggested moving the Capital, and what if each branch of government had it's own capital city similar to South Africa or Chile? And if the capital were to move which city/s would you want it to be?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Do you think it would help if Russia moved the capital? I heard that some politicians suggested moving the Capital, and what if each branch of government had it's own capital city similar to South Africa or Chile? And if the capital were to move which city/s would you want it to be?
Vladivostok.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:10 PM

btw, song to the point. )

https://youtu.be/N5orJuvGQJY

Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I think that this is impossible. Too much money is concentrated in Moscow.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Vladivostok.
I've actually heard some people advocating for it or at least in that region, since Asia is on the rise and it would be easier for Russia to do business with them over there, and also Vladivostok would become the window to the east, similar how St Petersburg was the window to the west. Also St. Petersburg shares a name with Peter the great, and Vladivostok already indirectly shares a name with Vladimir Putin. Also apparently countries with capitals in their eastern part of the country are more developed such as USA, Australia, Canada, UK, Germany, but I'm pretty sure that's just coincidence since there are countries such as Brazil and China which are not as highly developed have capitals in the east as well. Also by moving the capital to east it would increase the population in those areas and spur development.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
And if the capital were to move which city/s would you want it to be?
Ekaterinburg,

Quote:
Also by moving the capital to east it would increase the population in those areas and spur development.
I don't think its a case of build it and they will come at all. It's a harsh place to live and you'd need great incentives to live there. They have been trying to give away land over there recently and while there are some takers from what I hear there aren't as many as they hoped for. Only the adventurous and heart (fool hardy?) would emigrate there and only with a real good reason to do it.
What could provide incentive? Opportunity to make good money?

I also hear the Chinese are moving across the border in large numbers but I can't find any solid stats. Maybe if European Russians don't want it the Chinese will take it.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:10 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
I've actually heard some people advocating for it or at least in that region, since Asia is on the rise and it would be easier for Russia to do business with them over there, and also Vladivostok would become the window to the east, similar how St Petersburg was the window to the west. Also St. Petersburg shares a name with Peter the great, and Vladivostok already indirectly shares a name with Vladimir Putin. Also apparently countries with capitals in their eastern part of the country are more developed such as USA, Australia, Canada, UK, Germany, but I'm pretty sure that's just coincidence since there are countries such as Brazil and China which are not as highly developed have capitals in the east as well. Also by moving the capital to east it would increase the population in those areas and spur development.
Yeah.....that's a good reason to move the capital.....

Old 05-17-2017, 03:16 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ekaterinburg,

I don't think its a case of build it and they will come at all. It's a harsh place to live and you'd need great incentives to live there. They have been trying to give away land over there recently and while there are some takers from what I hear there aren't as many as they hoped for. Only the adventurous and heart (fool hardy?) would emigrate there and only with a real good reason to do it.

I also hear the Chinese are moving across the border in large numbers but I can't find any solid stats. Maybe if European Russians don't want it the Chinese will take it.
Of course they'd take it. I'm pretty sure they dispute the treaty that gave the Primorsky Krai and Vladivostok to Russia, anyway. All the better for poaching tigers.

The Chinese are doing a good job of farming land all along the border on the Russian side, the Buryats told me. And China actually leases land north of the border in Siberia, to farm and send vegetables back to China. Perhaps desertification of northern China, due to a spreading Gobi, along with China depleting groundwater in outer Mongolia, has something to do with this demand for arable land?

Old 05-17-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ekaterinburg,

Vladivostok's climate is pretty bad, but nearby cities are not so bad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhodka#Climate
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%90...BC.D0.B0.D1.82
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogran...y_Krai#Climate

Also Vladivostok's population has started growing again.
2010: 592,034
2016: 606,653
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92...BD.D0.B8.D0.B5

As well as Khabarovsk
2010: 577,441
2016: 611,160
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A5...BD.D0.B8.D0.B5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe