Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 11:45 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Those are pictures of Ukrainians showing respect to their soldiers fallen in battle. They actually care about their men fighting off Russians who thought they could force their way into how Ukrainians want to govern themselves. You're right, Russians won't kneel to respect their dead because they don't value life. My congratulations for making my point.
What of the fallen soldiers are you talking about? These people were forced to kneel in front of a column of fascist nationalists ... in the flesh and blood.. And Tusk somehow does not look like a dead Ukrainian..

Quote:
[b]
All you angry Russians on here upset that protests can bring about political changes, its funny because I believe this is how you really feel. This has been hammered into you since birth to give reverence to your almighty state. Its a fundamental difference between your mentality and the West's that we can and do change our government policies through events like this. Good point for bringing Ukraine into it, because they had a revolution also spurred on by police brutality (in that case the Berkut). Certainly Ukrainians too believe they should control their government instead of the other way around.

All you naysayers who can't believe this protest movement can bring change don't realize that its already happening across local governments in the USA. We aren't beholden to the president even here and times like these make me glad to be an American.
I am almost sure that these protests will not lead to any changes. Either if everything goes too far, they will be drowned in blood, or everything will resolve by itself. And everything will remain the same.
What, such unrest for the first time what happens in the USA? Has anything dramatically changed since The Watts riots in 1965? The reason is one to one as it is now ... Or Detroit Riot in 1967? Or a riot in Los Angeles in 1992? NOTHING.

All these riots in America, it’s like a weekly Saturday disco in a village in the late USSR ... At drunkenly stuffed each other's faces at a disco, and the next day again friends-comrades..

Last edited by Zimogor; 06-06-2020 at 12:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Stop your usual nonsense DKM - Russians just bow their heads in silence when honoring their dead.

They don't kneel.

They are the "northerners" and thus less theatrical, while Ukrainians are a Southern version and thus are more expressive.
To be completely honest, we have a tradition of honoring the fallen by getting down on one knee and bowing our heads in respect..

Well, also some sometimes before the girl, when make an offer to her..

Old 06-06-2020, 12:11 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
To be completely honest, we have a tradition of honoring the fallen by getting down on one knee and bowing our heads in respect..

Well, also some sometimes before the girl, when make an offer to her..

Gawd.
You are romantic Zimogor.

Old-fashioned one.

(I am usually thinking something within these lines - whatever you see in this video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjiK3EE7uOk

Old 06-06-2020, 01:47 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
https://www.wsj.com/articles/putins-...ia-11591444801

Old 06-06-2020, 02:30 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
DS-Boy is a 23 years old American-Indian rapper from Detroit who thinks Russia = East Asia who works part-time as a editor for bloomberg. True story .

Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
And yet here we are in the summer and it still sits in port, nowhere to go.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=8770261

.........if you go back and read my message i said clearly that the ship needs some upgrading before it can start the work.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:38 AM

Meanwhile.. Dollar in Russia at 68rub, Urals Oil at 42$.. The collapse of Russia is canceled again..

Old 06-08-2020, 04:17 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Sorry, I was offline a couple days.

Quote:
Well, let me make your ( and mine) job even more difficult at this point, more challenging.
Say you consider "state" - i.e. political structure that dominates your life unacceptable.
I'm not sure. My grandma was born in the first country (RE). I was born in the second country (SU). My children were born in the third country (RF). These are different states in political systems, but in my understanding, we were all born in Russia. What is Russia, if it is not a state? Or is a state not only a political system? Political systems come and go out, but Mother Russia remains.

Quote:
Then ( by definition) when you show disrespect to its attributes (anthem, banner) - with other words a contempt for the POLITICAL system of your country, ( i.e. if you could change things the way you see it fit, you'd be still happy to live in your country, since it's the POLITICAL SYSTEM that you dislike, but you still like the place where you were born, you still like the people/culture of your country.)
In this case you most likely deal with potential revolutionaries.
I fear that most residents do not consider flag (and other attributes) to be just a symbol of a political system. For example, soldiers do not die for a political system, they die for a country (for safe life of country's inhabitants) and flag (and other attributes), as a symbol of this. And perhaps in eyes of many people you will not be revolutionaries, but something like traitors. And this is a sure step towards war, even if other people are also don't like a political system.

Quote:
OR: Since you see the political system that you don't like as the inseparable reflection/manifestation of the CULTURAL TRAITS of your country ( i.e. you simply don't believe in possibility of any viable changes, the kind that would be acceptable for you,) then we are already dealing with a different kind of rejection.
I agree with that.

Quote:
In first case scenario we are still dealing with patriots ( I guess.)

In second case scenario we are dealing with different possible outcomes; the most common of them - future immigration.
In my understanding, the first option is not a patriot. Or a patriot of another, some kind of new country, which will be built on ruins of the current.

The rest is a little later.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:08 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Sorry, I was offline a couple days.

I'm not sure. My grandma was born in the first country (RE). I was born in the second country (SU). My children were born in the third country (RF). These are different states in political systems, but in my understanding, we were all born in Russia. What is Russia, if it is not a state? Or is a state not only a political system? Political systems come and go out, but Mother Russia remains.

I fear that most residents do not consider flag (and other attributes) to be just a symbol of a political system. For example, soldiers do not die for a political system, they die for a country (for safe life of country's inhabitants) and flag (and other attributes), as a symbol of this. And perhaps in eyes of many people you will not be revolutionaries, but something like traitors. And this is a sure step towards war, even if other people are also don't like a political system.

I agree with that.

In my understanding, the first option is not a patriot. Or a patriot of another, some kind of new country, which will be built on ruins of the current.

The rest is a little later.

What if China retakes the Far East?

Old 06-08-2020, 12:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Meanwhile.. Dollar in Russia at 68rub, Urals Oil at 42$.. The collapse of Russia is canceled again..
We really appreciate Putin coming back to the table with OPEC and cutting Russian oil production. The collapse of American shale oil is canceled again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe