Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 05:48 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,334,757 times

Advertisements

Weren't they Armenians from Ireland in France living in Topeka?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I am Catholic. I was pointing out the irony of a Catholic shrine having a name of a daughter of the founder of Islam.

Probably the name is older as Arab and Jewish names are part of the classical world.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's correct. There is an old alliance with Britain, one of the oldest alliances between two countries in the world.

Just checked on those names, Lencastre seems to go back to Alencastre from Madeira, and from there to Britain.
José Wallenstein has German and Azorean ancestors.
Breyner is another odd name that several actors share. And some of them are not even related to each other. Matilde Breyner for instance is related to old noble families from Mafra and the Azores. Nicolau Breyner is related to another noble family.

The same thing happened here with the Catalan TV, a public and obsolete behemoth with 3000 employees.

When they started, back in 1983 they had to look for Catalan newscasters in little redneckish towns in the mountain. People that had 20 Catalan last names and not excessively dialectical forms and no influence whatsoever of evil Spanish, no Spanish inlaws....if Catalans, ethnic, are 20 percent here....those people are les than one percent. They look like your typical Catalan mountain redneck which is at odds with most of the people living in Catalonia. Nobility..yes, many members of the nobility that had name and no money. Quite pedantic people. Catalan nobility tends to be Catalan/Spanish, but nobility in Andalusia has English influence, in Castile...Flemish, Valonian, remnants of the empire.

This is the typical Catalan redneck chased in the mountain in some chicken scoop broadcasting weather and hired as newscaster, not that he's very different to Catalans, just more nerdish, a-holes, rural, altar-boyish. There are more extreme examples.

Last edited by karstic; 12-30-2016 at 06:23 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 AM

749 posts, read 859,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
Not all Germans have blonde hair and blue eyes. My family has black and brown hair. Some of my relatives have blue eyes and others brown eyes.
Arabs, gypsies and Africans are all over Europe anyway not just in Germany, eventually the whole world will be one big mix.
Sometimes I wonder how many neo nazies are on this forum.
I agree, and I had mentioned it. The population replacement is at the continental level. However some people on here seem to ignore it or are driven by questionable motivations when they post pictures of black people.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:23 PM

83 posts, read 71,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
Not all Germans have blonde hair and blue eyes. My family has black and brown hair. Some of my relatives have blue eyes and others brown eyes.
Arabs, gypsies and Africans are all over Europe anyway not just in Germany, eventually the whole world will be one big mix.
Sometimes I wonder how many neo nazies are on this forum.
No, it's only the white countries that are becoming "one big mix". Middle East is Arab, Africa is black, China is Chinese, India is Indian etc. I was just in Frankfurt recently. What a mess. The population seems mostly Turkish/Arab/Asian... barely any Germans. Sad.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM

749 posts, read 859,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
No, it's only the white countries that are becoming "one big mix". Middle East is Arab, Africa is black, China is Chinese, India is Indian etc. I was just in Frankfurt recently. What a mess. The population seems mostly Turkish/Arab/Asian... barely any Germans. Sad.
Purists of all matters are always a pain in the neck, I noticed. Anyways...

Old 12-30-2016, 06:27 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Can we get back on topic?

Old 12-30-2016, 07:04 PM

426 posts, read 352,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
In a way I guess it's true. Sometimes I don't see many Germans when I'm in Berlin. I see mostly Turkish people but I don't have a problem with them. Sometimes I feel alittle hurt though when i see African women using german men for money. I know a few people who were screwed over. Now that doesn't mean all African women are like that but I feel bad to see german men get used. They don't deserve that kind of treatment.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:06 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,923,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Probably the name is older as Arab and Jewish names are part of the classical world.
The legend goes the location was named after a Mourisca one of the Knight Templars fell in love with during the Reconquista. Fatima has been the name of the parish for centuries and Fatima is also a common woman's name in Portugal.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:56 AM

827 posts, read 634,422 times
Because they had a smart immigration policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe