Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 01:05 AM

83 posts, read 71,143 times

Advertisements

I didn't say it is lol. But for sure it attracts many young Muslim men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 01:11 AM

426 posts, read 351,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
I didn't say it is lol. But for sure it attracts many young Muslim men.
Oh ok I see what you mean lol. They do? I thought that they would normally be more attracted to brown or black hair but I guess since blonde hair is more rare in North Africa and the Middle East than it must be exotic to them. They do have some blondes but I guess not much like the way Europe does. When I'm in Berlin I get hit on all the time by Muslim men but I don't have blonde hair so I guess I'm surprised by that lol.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
This is a bit off topic but why do I hear that stereotype often that Portuguese women are hairy or unnatractive? I feel bad that people label them in such a way. I don't think that is the case. I haven't met many in my life time but the few I've met have been very pretty so it's kind of sad when people come up with these kind of stereotypes about them. I've seen worse looking people in America and in the U.K. They have their a** hanging out, wearing socks with sandals, big gold chains, walking around drunk while falling over puking everywhere, then trying to hit on people lol but that doesn't mean that all Americans and British people will look like that. Every country in the world will have attractive and unattractive people. There isn't a single country out there that will only have unnatractive people.
I am from Germany originally, and now that I have lived in Portugal for over a decade, I find Portuguese women clearly more attractive than German women. Some people like to cling to outdated ideas of 50 or 100 years ago, just for the sake of it.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Hair color plays no role whatsoever regarding the location Muslim men move to. After all, they know that European women usually do not want relationships with Muslim men.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
But blonde hair is not the most important thing in this world. Why do people have such an obsession with blonde hair? Sure it looks nice on some people but not every blonde will be attractive. There are plenty of attractive people out there who have black hair, brown hair, red hair etc.
Most people here have black hair, most blonde women in Portugal are fake blondes, because unfortunately many Portuguese women have low self-esteem and try to look Nordic, denying their being Southern.
You can see it clearly when you pass by a school yard, virtually all children have black hair. But when you look at adult women, all of a sudden many of them have blonde hair. It is absurd and sad...
Basically the same thing as people bleaching their skin in Africa...

And blonde people are being pushed in the media as well, disproportionately many blond and blue-eyed actresses on TV...

Old 12-29-2016, 07:54 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
Ironically, Fatima is named for one of Muhammad's daughters.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Fátima is a common female first name in Portugal. One of the few relics of the Muslim era centuries ago...

Old 12-29-2016, 09:12 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Most people here have black hair, most blonde women in Portugal are fake blondes, because unfortunately many Portuguese women have low self-esteem and try to look Nordic, denying their being Southern.
You can see it clearly when you pass by a school yard, virtually all children have black hair. But when you look at adult women, all of a sudden many of them have blonde hair. It is absurd and sad...

And blonde people are being pushed in the media as well, disproportionately many blond and blue-eyed actresses on TV...

Just a fashion, not low self-esteem. Women go to the hairdresser and ask.
Roman women also loved blonde hair and Germanics were below apes.
In fact, blonde hair was the only profitable import from Germania.
Many blond and blue-eyed actors? Not in Spain.
Just the reverse, blonde and blue eyed women are somewhat relegated.
This is Spain's hottest actor, although he's Cuban. He looks quite typical.
He plays the role of Serrano Sunyer, that was shorter, a good old friend of Addie.
Spain always had actors that looked very "cazurros", country yokels during the "desarrollismo" and "democracy". Look at Almodovar et al, they all lok gypsies.

Last edited by karstic; 12-29-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 12-29-2016, 09:13 AM

426 posts, read 351,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Yeah that is sad. I think they look great with their natural hair color. It makes me sad to see how obsessed people get with dyeing their hair color even going as fair as using blue eye contacts. It makes my blood boil though when people tell me how come you don't have blonde hair you are half german. They expect me to look like Heidi klum or something lol. She's a pretty women but I have to constantly tell people that not everyone is gonna look like her.
Same thing when I hear about why don't I have blue eyes. I don't know why people obsess about that. I think blue eyes are nice but I think green and brown eyes look great as well.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:37 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post

I guess yu are not Catholic....the Virgen of Fatima, it's a very important shrine in Portugal. Provenance of names in Europe comes mainly from fashion. Roman - and Arabia and Judea was Rome, Germanic during the Middle Ages, Renaissance, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe