Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 PM

345 posts, read 1,030,787 times

Advertisements

I'm more serious about working-out then most and rarely talk to anyone at the gym. Just put my ear-phones in and focus on my workout. But I'm starting to think maybe I should be talking to women there .

Usually I'm so zoned-in that I'm completely oblivious to "green lights" I'm getting. For instance, all the other elliptical machines are empty and a cute girl chooses the one directly to my left and leaves her right ear-bud off for part of the time. And I'm sure some of you guys can attest to the feeling of being "followed" by someone of the opposite sex. Meaning they pop up a few times at a machine next to you or within your line of vision. So much so that it's likely no coincidence.

I wanna hear different things you girls do to get our attention at the gym . And men too, any obvious or not-so obvious flirtatious signs you've noticed.

Last edited by Billy Millennium; 04-01-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
Do bicep curls in the squat rack.....JK!!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 AM

458 posts, read 1,248,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
I'm more serious about working-out then most and rarely talk to anyone at the gym. Just put my ear-phones in and focus on my workout. But I'm starting to think maybe I should be talking to women there .

Usually I'm so zoned-in that I'm completely oblivious to "green lights" I'm getting. For instance, all the other elliptical machines are empty and a cute girl chooses the one directly to my left and leaves her right ear-bud off for part of the time. And I'm sure some of you guys can attest to the feeling of being "followed" by someone of the opposite sex. Meaning they pop up a few times at a machine next to you or within your line of vision. So much so that it's likely no coincidence.

I wanna hear different things you girls do to get our attention at the gym . And men too, any obvious or not-so obvious flirtatious signs you've noticed.
You sound like a creeper. Those aren't "flirtatious signs". Maybe these women are in your line of vision so much because you're staring at them.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Why not just say, 'Hi'? Its really not that difficult.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
You sound like a creeper. Those aren't "flirtatious signs". Maybe these women are in your line of vision so much because you're staring at them.
LOL gotta love the internet. If you read what I wrote; I'm often oblivious to other gym goers because I'm so focused on my workout. Staring is not something I do anywhere, buddy.

You likely don't have women checking you out... in the gym or elsewhere. For the guys that do, they probably notice some things.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,878 times
Quote:
That was a pretty useless comment, just sayin'. OP was talking about women that work out next to HIM, not him following girls around.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
I'm going to second this opinion. You're not necessarily a "creeper" but it doesn't sound like those are flirtatious signs either. I recommend you continue to do what you're doing -- focus on working out at the gym, not getting dates.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Meaning they pop up a few times at a machine next to you or within your line of vision. So much so that it's likely no coincidence.
This happens to me quite a bit -- I think what's going on here is that we're working the same muscle group that day. That's all. I don't think women go the gym for dates. Most women I talk to absolutely hate being approached at the gym -- they're sweaty, disheveled, etc. They're there to work out. Again, you should stick with your original game plan and go to work out too. For every one girl you approach who appreciates it, there will be 25 who don't. You will become the gym creeper.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,105,447 times
I see a lot of guys I think are attractive at the gym but I don't do anything about it.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
pretty much every girl in the gym is interested in me. they usually let me know by looking away when we make eye contact, telling me to stop staring, ignoring me when i talk to them and giving me the finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness