Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
You sound like a creeper. Those aren't "flirtatious signs". Maybe these women are in your line of vision so much because you're staring at them.
I agree that those aren't flirtatious signs. Maybe she was waiting for one of the machines you were using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
It definitely can be very alluring, and this is where I don't understand female logic at all: If a guy approaches you and finds you attractive when you're "at your worst" (your words ladies, not ours), then this should be refreshing to you, not thwarted away like he's violating some sacred rule of 'don't talk to me when sweaty'.

I mean, doesn't it feel nice to be considered attractive when:

- You're not wearing makeup
- Your're not wearing your best dress
- You're not wearing heels
- The lights aren't dim
- The guy isn't drunk

Who do you think we are? A bunch of women that have to wear a lb of make-up and go to bars to pick up men? I go to the gym to burn off stress and stay fit, I don't need to be validated there by some undersexed gym monkey.

If I was interested in a man at the gym, I wouldn't do anything different. I'm kind of old school and prefer a man who is willing to put the effort in and make the first move. I will never approach a man first, a lot of women won't. There is a school of thought that it is unladylike to make the first move, fyi. Luckily, I have an amazing old fashioned BF so I don't scope the gym for men I focus on my workout and getting out and on with my day. It is usually very annoying when a guy will approach me when I'm on a roll with sit-ups and he ruins/interrupts my flow and ask me dumb questions like "where are you from?" "Do you go to school here?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
Many people who go to the gym are on a mission and that mission is not related to getting dates.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 AM

95 posts, read 198,573 times
I drop my keys and bend over

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Do bicep curls in the squat rack.....
That works too

Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 AM

95 posts, read 198,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Exactly.

Yeah but just about everyone universally avoids a treadmill or elliptical directly next to someone if there are others available. It's gym etiquette; and I do it myself. I'm talking a whole row of 15 or so empty machines and a chick chooses the one directly next to me. This happens happened a couple weeks back and every now and then. Unlikely someone would do that unless they were looking to get approached imo.

Swear this happens to me quite often. I commend you for actually starting the communication by saying hi; a lot of girls won't do that. None have actually said "hi" to me even when I reciprocate the eye contact/gaze or whatever.

When I was in my 20's I would sometimes choose my spot right next to other people. The two main reasons were the TV and also I liked being right next someone who was running fast(men or woman, unfortunately most were men). I was usually able to beat the women and about 1/2 of the men. Beating the men was the best feeling.

The only time people talked to me were people who already knew me. I never make eye contact and I never met anybody there. I don't check your muscles I check your machines to see how hard you are working out. One time I ran right next to a friend for 30 minutes without realizing who he was. He didn't realize who I was either. (he is super gay so I know he wasn't lying)

But I guess you can try talking about the workout, tht would be like the more natural way to do it. Or ask them something about the machine performance but then again that conversation probably won't go very far.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
every place is a place to pick up chicks!!!! the goal of nailing a girl is something thats privelaged and its ok to do anywhere (the talking/pre-work not the actual nailing).
Exactly. EVERY PLACE. SOme people even suggest goin to church for this.

The truth of the matter is, if women didnt wanna be picked up, or stared at, they'd go jog around the neighborhood or buy a solarflex. Most dont do serious weightlifting in the gym anyway. They stay on the cardio machines for extreme amounts of time.

Women check men out in the gym, just not all.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I agree that those aren't flirtatious signs. Maybe she was waiting for one of the machines you were using.

I go to the gym to burn off stress and stay fit, I don't need to be validated there by some undersexed gym monkey.

If I was interested in a man at the gym, I wouldn't do anything different. I'm kind of old school and prefer a man who is willing to put the effort in and make the first move. I will never approach a man first, a lot of women won't. There is a school of thought that it is unladylike to make the first move, fyi. Luckily, I have an amazing old fashioned BF so I don't scope the gym for men I focus on my workout and getting out and on with my day. It is usually very annoying when a guy will approach me when I'm on a roll with sit-ups and he ruins/interrupts my flow and ask me dumb questions like "where are you from?" "Do you go to school here?"
This whole bad attitude is why many men have a low opinion of women after their physicality. Some women just think they're too good to even say hi too. Like they are Paula Abdul circa 1989 or something

Just work out at home and run up and down the steps at the local school where nobody can see you

Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Exactly. EVERY PLACE. SOme people even suggest goin to church for this.

The truth of the matter is, if women didnt wanna be picked up, or stared at, they'd go jog around the neighborhood or buy a solarflex. Most dont do serious weightlifting in the gym anyway. They stay on the cardio machines for extreme amounts of time.

Women check men out in the gym, just not all.
Stereotype much? Wow, nothing like an uniformed blanket statement!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
This whole bad attitude is why many men have a low opinion of women after their physicality. Some women just think they're too good to even say hi too. Like they are Paula Abdul circa 1989 or something

Just work out at home and run up and down the steps at the local school where nobody can see you

Next thing you were gonna tell me was to wear a burkha right?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM

317 posts, read 528,302 times
wear really short shorts

Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 AM

18 posts, read 25,922 times
Really, women likes the guys that have attractive shape of the body. Gym is the best way that helps to make the good shape of body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness