Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times

Advertisements

With Halloween having just recently passed, what's everyone's opinion on women wearing bare midriff costumes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
With Halloween having just recently passed, what's everyone's opinion on women wearing bare midriff costumes?
I don't think much of it, it's a costume, it's not an every day outfit. It's like asking what we think about the outfits on Dancing with the Stars being too opened.

The only Halloween costume I could think of that REQUIRES open midriff is Jasmine from Aladdin. Actually, my friend is having a Disney wedding next year and I will be Jasmine in her Bridal party. That will probably be one time in a long time when I would wear a bare midriff outfit outside of the beach or gym. I am shopping for it right now and still I would chose the top version over the second version.

Princess Jasmine Halloween Costume :: eHalloweens

PHOTOS Kim Kardashian in a Princess Jasmine Halloween costume : starcasm.net

Old 11-01-2011, 05:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No............30 is 30...............you look scary starting at that age...........cover up..............you look disgusting.
Yeah. J Lo is a real hag. She should just pull the covers over her head and forget about it.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:02 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't think much of it, it's a costume, it's not an every day outfit. It's like asking what we think about the outfits on Dancing with the Stars being too opened.

The only Halloween costume I could think of that REQUIRES open midriff is Jasmine from Aladdin. Actually, my friend is having a Disney wedding next year and I will be Jasmine in her Bridal party. That will probably be one time in a long time when I would wear a bare midriff outfit outside of the beach or gym. I am shopping for it right now and still I would chose the top version over the second version.

This was my line of thinking and Jasmine or a belly dancer is what came to mind as an example of a midriff baring Halloween costume.

ETA: I missed the whole bridesmaid thing. Not my taste, nor would I agree to be in a friend's BP dressed as such, but to each their own.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 11-02-2011 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:

Someone over in the Parenting forum was worried about the influence of Disney on young women, and I argued that it's really not that big a deal. But this ... I mean no offense to your friend, MM, but this is just Goofy. Dressing your bridesmaids as Disney princesses?

For your outfit, it seems like you will either have to wear an shiny satin obvious costume or something very expensive. Likewise for the rest of the bridesmaids. And for a Jasmine character, that is a lot of skin to be showing at a wedding. I love to dress up, and I love festive parties, but that just rubs me the wrong way. How did you feel about it when she asked you?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Someone over in the Parenting forum was worried about the influence of Disney on young women, and I argued that it's really not that big a deal. But this ... I mean no offense to your friend, MM, but this is just Goofy. Dressing your bridesmaids as Disney princesses?
I'm sure MM's friend is a lovely person, but you do have to wonder about a grown woman who wants a Disney princess wedding.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
No that kim kardashian one is really not fit either for a wedding , much less anything else . I think jasmine was far more covered up in the disney movie . I like that version of jasmine . and if you ask me over 40 is too old to be barring your stomach and yet I see 60 yr old women here in the grocery store with bare midriffs . Eww please cover that up no one wants to go food shopping and see that .

Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Halloween is ok, but age is still a factor in my opinion, it's all about the level of class you possess or want to present to the world.

I just looked at your Halloween pictures in your profile Amanda, it looks like you just went out in your bra and underwear

Old 11-02-2011, 11:18 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times
Quote:

MM, you are the epitome of class and elegance and women should take note (well your photos are gone now!) but still, you are a classy woman no doubt and I'm sure whatever costume you choose for the wedding will be perfect.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM

155 posts, read 252,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm sure MM's friend is a lovely person, but you do have to wonder about a grown woman who wants a Disney princess wedding.
I think its pretty cool. I think MM is in Florida so maybe the bride and groom are both Disney people so it would make sense. What I dont understand though, is why on earth would the bride want her bridesmades dressed in such sexy outfits. I mean, look at M.M., just LOOK at her!! If she dresses in one of those outfits, the bride will pale in comparison to her. No way the bride will be considered "beautiful" compared to being surrounded by women like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty