Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm right outside San Antonio. And I agree- Austin has a lot of beautiful people.
Well, hellfire, little Missy; we're neighbors.

I don't know if you ever head-up I-35 to Austin, but if you do and you ever need tickets to a music concert or show in Austin, DM me and let me know; I'm pretty well plugged-in in this city to the music scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times
I'm from Texas and I think the weather really does have something to do with how women dress. I used to wear more cute clothes, sundresses, tank tops, etc. and show more skin when I lived there. I wasn't dressing suggestively in my mind, it was just what you wore because it was warm and humid and you wanted to be comfortable. We live in Oregon now and it's too cold most of the year to show much skin. It's jeans and sweaters or tights and boots most of the time out here. I can't remember the last time I felt the sun on my shoulders... oh... wait... it was when we escaped to Hawaii a few months go! lol Soon as we got off the plane from Hawaii and back into the Portland airport, though, the warm cozy sweaters and jeans and boots came back on... when we got to our car we had to run the defroster to get the ice off the windshield... and this was during the kids spring break... Aloha, Oregon!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Well, hellfire, little Missy; we're neighbors.

I don't know if you ever head-up I-35 to Austin, but if you do and you ever need tickets to a music concert or show in Austin, DM me and let me know; I'm pretty well plugged-in in this city to the music scene.
I hardly ever get up to Austin because I'm so busy down here (finishing school, raising my son, working, etc), but I'll definitely let you know if I'm in Austin. I love live music!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I'm from Texas and I think the weather really does have something to do with how women dress. I used to wear more cute clothes, sundresses, tank tops, etc. and show more skin when I lived there. I wasn't dressing suggestively in my mind, it was just what you wore because it was warm and humid and you wanted to be comfortable. We live in Oregon now and it's too cold most of the year to show much skin. It's jeans and sweaters or tights and boots most of the time out here. I can't remember the last time I felt the sun on my shoulders... oh... wait... it was when we escaped to Hawaii a few months go! lol Soon as we got off the plane from Hawaii and back into the Portland airport, though, the warm cozy sweaters and jeans and boots came back on... when we got to our car we had to run the defroster to get the ice off the windshield... and this was during the kids spring break... Aloha, Oregon!
Yes, weather DOES have something to do with it, at least to some degree. I'm with you, in the sense that I don't dress with being suggestive in mind, but rather because I'm a fan of the style, AND it keeps me from getting too hot underneath my clothing (I sweat very easily). Anyway, weather DOES have at least a little bit to do with people baring their midriffs.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:28 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,703,557 times
People of any age ought to wear what they like and what they're comfortable in--no question about that. But outside of the gym, the track, or the pool, any woman much past 30 is gonna look, if not desperate, at least like she's seeking attention for her well-toned abs. And I guarantee you that female friends and acquaintences will be catty about it behind her back.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
And I guarantee you that female friends and acquaintences will be catty about it behind her back.
Guys will be talking about it as well saying "Dude, look at the desperate cougar MILF" or "Check out grandma trying to fit in with the young crowd" (even if "grandma" is only like 35-40 years old), or even "Look at the old lady showing off because she wants to get banged by a young dude". This will be ESPECIALLY true if she's like at a bar or club.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:45 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Nine.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
I don't think it's an age thing. I think it's a look. If someone is in shape and looks good with their midriff bared then I don't care if they are 22, 42, or 62. However if it's all fat, a muffin top, covered with aging tattoos, a scarred up mess, etc. then I don't want to see it. A little common sense should dictate what to wear out in public.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 PM

541 posts, read 861,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I recently came across this article and thought it was interesting. Thoughts?

Question of the Day: Is A Woman Ever Too Old To Bare Her Midriff? | Coco & Creme (http://cocoandcreme.com/2011/04/question-of-the-day-is-a-woman-ever-too-old-to-bare-her-midriff/ - broken link)
Some people really need to get a life (I'm not criticizing you OP, just the whole idea of women bashing women in general). All this criticism on this "Fashion-Beauty" board towards long hair, blondes, hoodies, and midriffs showing really seems to be a serious issue with some people that I just can't get behind. There are so many more important problems out there right now than the constant need for women to find ways to put other women down.

Just the way I see it.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:05 AM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
I'm pretty sure this went out of style in the 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty