Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times

Advertisements

Target doesn't have a nice selection of clothes anymore. I kick myself every time I waste my time going in there. Kmart and shopko have a bigger and better selection of clothes than Target or Walmart. It's sad at one time I used to shop all the time at Target and Walmart before they deteriorated. Too Bad that is why their sales are down.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:27 PM

168 posts, read 370,164 times
Don't be dissing my Walmart! Yes, I am cheap, so yes, I buy a lot of my clothes there. :-p But I don't go out of the house in my PJ's!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:51 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,992,488 times
Yes, I've noticed the difference in customers for over the past decade.

There can be a Walmart & a Target just a few minutes from each other, but the people in Target look more upscale, Target's a calmer, much nicer place to shop. I feel like browsing in there for a couple hours!

For years, I couldn't stand Walmart, but I'm a tad better these days. It feels like a hectic, place to shop with low class people shopping there & you just want to get out of there fast.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:23 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
I shop at Walmart sometimes and have never noticed anyone who looks like the popular photos that roam the internet. I also shop at Target and have not noticed them to look any different or better. Maybe I'm just lucky to be near a Walmart where people look normal.

Now, I have seen sights like those pictures in busses and even downtown Portland!

Old 03-09-2014, 12:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post

Now, I have seen sights like those pictures in busses and even downtown Portland!
I went to Portland last year, and we say some interestingly dressed ladies waiting in lime at a club. What happened next was more shocking, when the bouncer told one woman "I'm not impressed with your outfit, you should change."

Old 03-09-2014, 11:14 PM

988 posts, read 1,829,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I shop at Walmart sometimes and have never noticed anyone who looks like the popular photos that roam the internet. I also shop at Target and have not noticed them to look any different or better. Maybe I'm just lucky to be near a Walmart where people look normal.

Honestly, while I prefer Target, I also have never seen quite the extreme that you see in those websites - perhaps I'm also lucky. The fashion isn't incredibly different, but a bit more fashionable.

I still think Target is a better shopping experience with better merchandise (on what both stores mutually sell above and beyond stuff like Tide. Target doesn't get into the hardware/tools/auto supplies gig so Walmart wins hands down on that front) and does a better job at presenting the items.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,128 times
I tell my GF all the time that I won't go to Walmart unless we absolutely have to.

I'm not some rich guy or my counterpart makes gobs of money either. Just your average Joe family.

I can't tell you how many times a begging woman will ask for a "few bucks" because she has no money or I forgot my wallet...etc. The people inside are just absurd. Dress like they are in their own place doing dishes. Butt cracks sticking out and their not even bent over! Size small shirt on a 198 pound male/female. No bra with a hole in the shirt....WTF?!

Don't get me started with the lines. Half of them have a sign with "only cash" or "no debit cards". I can understand that systems go down and they don't get fixed in a day or a week. These signs are on there for months though....billion dollar company can't spend money on fixing a U-Scan machine?

Target has people who look respectable if not down right decked in the nines. Women who wear dresses and just plain people. Nothing compared to Walmart. Just the vibe it gives off is pleasing.

We go to Meijer though because it is in between Walmart and Target prices. Not as dressed up at Target, but 10x better than Walmart people. Decent customer service too. That is all I need.

I would rather pay more and go to a Meijer or a Target any day than a Walmart. I'll grow a damn garden to offset costs before I regularly shop at Walmart.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:45 AM

168 posts, read 370,164 times
I'm glad our Walmart isn't like that. Sure, we get the girls shopping in their pajama bottoms, and we have our fair share of nasties, but not quite what others have mentioned at their Walmart! My husband and I love to people watch, so we would notice if those types were at our Walmart, haha!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCommenter View Post
Honestly, while I prefer Target, I also have never seen quite the extreme that you see in those websites - perhaps I'm also lucky. The fashion isn't incredibly different, but a bit more fashionable.

I still think Target is a better shopping experience with better merchandise (on what both stores mutually sell above and beyond stuff like Tide. Target doesn't get into the hardware/tools/auto supplies gig so Walmart wins hands down on that front) and does a better job at presenting the items.

I think Target is definitely a better choice for clothes.

What's been an interesting experience for me regarding Walmart, is that they've often stocked something that I couldn't find anywhere. I will never forget the time I popped into a Hallmark, and then a Rite-Aid, in search of some simple, conservative Thank You cards (for funeral), and I was beside myself with shock that they didn't have them. Walmart was the next stop, and there it was. And that has happened several times.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Those funny/sad Walmart customer pictures from websites sites are from areas where many people dress like that all the time. You could just as easily do a "People of insert store name here" and find the same people at Target, the gas station, 7-Eleven or McDonalds in those areas. I won't stereotype where they may be, but probably not where most people posting on CD live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.