Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 624 times

Advertisements

I prefer Target even though it is out of my way. I live in a rural county seat town. But work near a metro area. I will wait if I need to go to a big box store. Clean isles, more affluent shoppers. Once an attractive women and I were in multiple isles at the same time. She said she wasn't stalking me. If I was single I kind of wish she was.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:38 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,437,311 times
Is hating Walmart still trendy in 2017?

Old 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM

17,386 posts, read 15,554,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Is hating Walmart still trendy in 2017?
Was it ever "trendy?"

I have many reasons why I rarely go to Wal-Mart:

- Most of them aren't particularly clean.
- Most of them have angry, attitudy staff.
- Most of them are understaffed (20 checkout lanes, only 3 open at 5PM on a Sunday, for instance.
- I can buy my produce at Publix for the same price, and at times, lower, when they have sales.
- I can buy all of my boxed goods and household items at BJs or Costco at a much lower price (heck, Publix too for that matter when they have their BOGOs.)

Come to think of it, the ONLY reason I ever have to go there is when my car needs an oil change: 5-gallon jug of Mobil1 for ~$27.
There is nothing else in there for me.

I'm sure I'm not alone, and that most people who dislike the stores have similar reasoning.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Was it ever "trendy?"

- Most of them are understaffed (20 checkout lanes, only 3 open at 5PM on a Sunday, for instance.
- I can buy my produce at Publix for the same price, and at times, lower, when they have sales.
- I can buy all of my boxed goods and household items at BJs or Costco at a much lower price (heck, Publix too for that matter when they have their BOGOs.)

Come to think of it, the ONLY reason I ever have to go there is when my car needs an oil change: 5-gallon jug of Mobil1 for ~$27.

I'm sure I'm not alone, and that most people who dislike the stores have similar reasoning.

Well sort of. Some have their legitimate reasons and I respect that. I'll admit it's not my favorite store for many of the reasons you listed. It just seems like there is a collective passionate dislike for Walmart. If someone admits to stopping by Walmart to pick up a few items they almost always preface it with "don't judge", "hate to admit", "I don't normally do this, but" like they're afraid of being branded with a stigma. I just think it's amusing.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:46 PM

17,567 posts, read 39,228,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Was it ever "trendy?"

Same here. There is zero reason for me to ever go to Walmart. Dirty, dingy, no customer service, don't have the items I purchase, no checkout open, etc. etc. Worst store ever.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,603,696 times
Walmart has all kinds of people shop there but i notice Target is mostly hipsters and upper middle class housewives walking around with coffees in their hands.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
i notice Target is mostly hipsters and upper middle class housewives walking around with coffees in their hands.
In fitness gear? Ha ha.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:24 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,603,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
In fitness gear? Ha ha.
Oh yeah a lot of women shoppers wear yoga pants.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,436,576 times
I traveled the country for 3 1/2 years in an rv and been to numerous Walmarts and most of them are fine. Very few were unclean and I've never seen people in them like the ones that are posted on the internet. I have seen more middle aged women trying ot look young in the more upscale malls though As for Targets there are a lot less of them and the ones I have been in usually have hardly any people. I think they are clean because there is no traffic flow, lol.

I will pick Walmart over Target any day for convenience and price. And mostly I see people in jeans and t's or sweaters.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM

32,694 posts, read 48,250,531 times
It looks to me like the same people in Walmart as in Target. Same cars in the parking lot.

Actually, literally the same shoppers. I know plenty of people who shop at both places. In fact, if you skim off the bottom layer, those who look poverty, it is the same shoppers in Costco.

Grocery shoppers in the local Safeway look better dressed. If they can afford to pay twice the price for their groceries, I guess they can also afford nice clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty