Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 11:39 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

I think your right, some folk are easily offended rather then taking something as a grain of salt and moving along.
Self absorbed people are very sensitive about them self, and what others say.
No one else is allowed an opinion, or to compliment or constructive criticism .
I've been that way as a kid, and finally got over it, realizing I was wearing my self out with frustration.
You can't expect other people to know you, or your life , and they are only trying to be helpful, giving their observation.
Let them , be kind and accept it in the spirit intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 01:05 AM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Wallow View Post
But men are looking all over a woman with their peripheral vision. They are looking somewhere lower than the deltoids.
Thanks for the 'softball' tossed my way....

Glutes
Pecs
Sartorius

(GPS - lock on coordinates to navel base )

My base nature never fails me, when I'm covering the terrain.
But alas, often something's lacking, in personality and brain.

Feeling poetical

You got to have fun with these types of topic....

Old 08-02-2015, 04:45 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
This is nothing new. In the 60's and early 70's it was quite common and normal to see women bra-less, with their nipples showing, bouncing around for all to see. Even in business atire, many women had bras that were very thin sheer fabric, so that it qualified as a bra, but the nipples still poked through and they still moved around a lot. Some women had such short skirts, that if they didn't wear underwear, she could have sold tickets. And this wasn't club wear, this was in HS.

I remember one young woman, at my first day in this law office, she wore a spaghetti strapped crocheed top, with no bra. Yes, you could see it all.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:25 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Where do all the people on here live where they're seeing all these women in skimpy clothing? I never do, you'd think I lived in a Muslim country when I live in DC. I never see women in small provocative outfits except on TV.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:53 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

....but by all means, ogle as much as you can get away with while complaining all the while of those flaunting it that don't meet your requirements. ....

Yeah, he complains about how inappropriate it is for women to wear certain articles of clothing, but he also seems to do a LOT of looking at these same women he disapproves of. Honestly, I think his opinion has far less to do with what he seems to think is "suitable," and more to do with how, um, "frustrated" he is at the sight of women in certain articles of clothing.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:58 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yeah, it takes some guts to make comments like that.

I wonder, why don't women ever compliment men on what they wear. Does making a man smile in appreciation make you feel odd
They do but tend not to vocalize. You can tell by how they look at you. You know when you meet a woman's approval.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:12 AM

44 posts, read 41,914 times
I think everybody is free to get dressed himself. So it depends on mainly the view of those men who harass the women. A women can get any type of dress but for this if any man think that she is offering me sex then I would say he is wrong. On the other hand a woman should remember that a man has manliness so she should not wear any kind of dress that can raise the excitement. And I think yoga pants has a sexual attraction.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
They do but tend not to vocalize. You can tell by how they look at you. You know when you meet a woman's approval.
Yes, women DO notice and appreciate well-dressed men. And, when I say "well dressed," I don't mean he has to be wearing an expensive suit, but simply that he is well put - together, whatever his personal style happens to be. It's SOO nice when a man puts SOME effort into his appearance. And when he's good-looking to boot? It's a double visual treat.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-02-2015 at 07:03 AM..

Old 08-02-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion50s View Post
On the other hand a woman should remember that a man has manliness so she should not wear any kind of dress that can raise the excitement. And I think yoga pants has a sexual attraction.
Well, then, I don't think men should wear t-shirts or shirts with the sleeves rolled up, because a man's strong, masculine forearms can cause a reaction in me. That's NOT sarcasm; I'm being serious. And when a well-built man wears clothes that reveal how fit he is (he could be wearing a nicely tailored suit), well, gosh, it doesn't take much to contemplate what the whole package would look like (again, total seriousness). Therefore, men shouldn't wear anything that shows any kind of an outline of their bodies.

More than a year ago, I saw an incredible- looking man out running. Bare chested, wearing running shorts. I remember him very well still, so that should be an indication of how good-looking he was. In fact, I'm not likely to ever forget him. .

Anyway, I'm not afraid to admit that he created quite a response in me, and, going by the reactions of other women around, he did in others, too. I say, then, that he had no business going out dressed like that when he looks like that. He should cover himself up, even on stickin' hot, humid summer days. He and other men should remember that a woman has womanliness, so they should not wear anthing that raises the excitement.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-02-2015 at 07:10 AM..

Old 08-02-2015, 07:59 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yes, women DO notice and appreciate well-dressed men. And, when I say "well dressed," I don't mean he has to be wearing an expensive suit, but simply that he is well put - together, whatever his personal style happens to be. It's SOO nice when a man puts SOME effort into his appearance. And when he's good-looking to boot? It's a double visual treat.
Well it is good that at least there are still some ladies who appreciate a man who puts some effort into his appearance because nowadays even that is frowned upon by some women. If a man works hard to look good he is called Metrosexual or girly or women complain that he is better put together than her. You can't win with some women nowadays. Just look at 5v and what do you see. Men who look like they have't even brushed their hair in days and have been sitting on the couch playing video games for a week non stop. Oh well it is what it is. Anyway back to the subject keep flaunting ladies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty