Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 08:43 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times

Advertisements

I agree with her. I think socks are tacky. Maybe because I grew up in redneck country but I can't stand the sight of them. When my shoes come off, the socks come off. And if a woman is wearing them, huge turn off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:19 AM

75 posts, read 88,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
OP - the fact that your girlfriend brought this up in the first place tells me that this is kind of a big deal for her for some reason. Now, I agree with those who stated to keep your balls...they're YOUR feet after all. However, for the greater good (e.g. the health and happiness of the relationship), sometimes it's wise to compromise and swallow your pride. This socks thing may be one of those situations. I think you are approaching this in the right way...wear sandals w/o socks, give it a chance, see how it goes. You never know, you might take a liking to it. Sometimes we don't truly know whether we'll like something until we try it for ourselves.
So I went barefoot all weekend and wore flip flops/sandals when out and about. It felt good since it was hot!

We went on a little road trip the other day, walked around downtown, and went to a festival so there was quite a bit of walking. The flip flops felt good in the heat but they did tend to hurt a little before the end of the day. Maybe I'm just not used to them? Her feet did not bother her and she was wearing flip flops all day herself.

We went to a family BBQ yesterday and I was going to wear gym shoes, was a little hesitant to wear the sandals since nobody has seen me in them before, but she convinced me they are fine. Nobody said anything bad about them. In fact, my aunt noticed them and said she liked them and my cousin agreed with her.

I'm glad I accepted the gf's advice.

Last edited by max8624; 09-08-2015 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 09:21 AM

75 posts, read 88,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I agree with her. I think socks are tacky. Maybe because I grew up in redneck country but I can't stand the sight of them. When my shoes come off, the socks come off. And if a woman is wearing them, huge turn off.
It does seem like very few women wear socks in the summer unless absolutely necessary.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:18 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,690,945 times
I never wear socks with sandals or flip flops.
With loafers or boat shoes, I wear loafer socks that can't be seen at all.
Any kind of athletic shoes, socks are fine. I usually wear low (basically almost no-show) running socks.

That's just what I do. I would not ever go barefoot in any shoes.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:38 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
I wear footie socks with my golf shoes, otherwise I go barefooted no matter what sandals, crocs, shoes, etc. I am wearing except for winter time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty