Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max8624 View Post
Mid 30s

So different sandals for different occasions? These are the ones she picked out:http://www.amazon.com/Kenneth-Cole-REACTION-Cruise-Around/dp/B00QGXPLBS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440688530&sr=8-2-fkmr0

They were on sale at the mall for a good price.
Those are nice and very middle of the road. They don't show everything like a flip flop and it's less coverage than something that's almost a shoe, but has some vents. Wear your sandals and enjoy them.

Yes, different sandals for different occasions. I don't wear flips into the city and I don't wear girly sandals when I fish at the lake. They're just like any other kind of foot wear. I wear snow boots in the winter, hikers when I'm hiking, heels when I'm stepping out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 08:04 AM

75 posts, read 88,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
OMG, nothing makes a man look like an old fart or a hopeless nerd more than socks. Listen to your girlfriend.
LOL.. I used to wear the long socks with shorts

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
Any increased chances of injury with flipflops can be reduced by actually watching where you put your feet when you step. I've done backpacking trips in flipflops before. You should be able to run comfortably in a good pair...maybe huaraches if you are doing a lot of really quick footwork. Also-get good flipflops...many come with treads that quickly wear down to nothing and leave you with a very dangerous pair of footwear. My ideal flipflop is one with a fairly flexible and thin sole but very aggressive treading.
I think that is what caused me to avoid flip flops. I had a cheap pair when I was a kid and they were not really comfortable. The modern styles seem to be better built and some eve have arch support. They show a lot of foot though so not sure I'd be comfortable wearing them unless at the beach or something, although the gf says they'd look "hot" lol.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Those are nice and very middle of the road. They don't show everything like a flip flop and it's less coverage than something that's almost a shoe, but has some vents. Wear your sandals and enjoy them.

Yes, different sandals for different occasions. I don't wear flips into the city and I don't wear girly sandals when I fish at the lake. They're just like any other kind of foot wear. I wear snow boots in the winter, hikers when I'm hiking, heels when I'm stepping out.
Thanks! Thought maybe they look little too dressy but they are comfortable. I felt more comfortable in these than the flip flops since they cover more. I still might give flip flops a shot. What type of shoes do you wear when fishing at the lake? There are some activities like fishing, bike riding, etc that don't seem to work well with sandals.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:25 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times
This is a somewhat strange thread. At times I feel like I am back and the bible days where sandals are the thing and at other times I feel like I am watching an episode of The Flinstones where everyone is barefoot. I am not sure how representative of the general population this thread is. Where I live I see men wearing sandals but I do not think they make up a majority. I sure do not see people people walking around barefoot left and right.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:49 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times
Quote:
LOL.. I used to wear the long socks with shorts
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, look at the bright side I guess....you brought laughter to many people and made them smile!

Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times
Quote:
Thanks! Thought maybe they look little too dressy but they are comfortable. I felt more comfortable in these than the flip flops since they cover more. I still might give flip flops a shot. What type of shoes do you wear when fishing at the lake? There are some activities like fishing, bike riding, etc that don't seem to work well with sandals.
I wear sandals that can get wet when I go fishing - I have some Tevas that work well for this.

Bike riding? Tevas again work well. But I am a casual rider, not a work commuter or a competitive rider.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
As to wearing shoes or bare feet in a house being gross, unless you are picking up food off the floor what is the difference between shoes or bare feet?
Was this for me? I said nothing about being barefoot at home. One of the first things I do when I get home is take my shoes off. I still usually have socks on though, even on my sometimes clean floors.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 AM

15,641 posts, read 26,270,321 times
I'm amazed at people who don't wear socks with normal shoes. I do it and it's blister city. And it never gets better.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I'm amazed at people who don't wear socks with normal shoes. I do it and it's blister city. And it never gets better.
Not only that, but it is a great way to give yourself athlete's foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty