Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Just so you're not wearing socks WITH sandals. Anythings looks better than that!
Unless you're in Vermont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:16 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
I think her point was that your feet need as much fresh air as possible. Having your toes exposed may not be your preference, but it is the healthier option. I'm not the flip flop type, myself, but a well made pair of sandals does a lot of good this time of year.

Ask dapperQ: Menswear Sandals Revisted - dapperQ

I think the idea that men shouldn't show their feet is nothing more than a silly hangup passed down to us from the ultra conservatives of the past. Were they right about anything?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Any one who has been to a sock shop knows that Summer is the Best Time, sockwise. All those pastels, time to catch a lady's eye with a powerful femme statement guys!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
My husband gets a pedicure as regularly as I do because he wears sandals in the summer and his feet look great. If a man keeps his feet groomed there is nothing disgusting about it.
No man's feet look ""great". Gangley, hairy toes, forget it. And a Pedicure? Seriously? Talk about whipped.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:12 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
No man's feet look ""great". Gangley, hairy toes, forget it. And a Pedicure? Seriously? Talk about whipped.
Mine look pretty great. Speak for your own man, lady.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
I cannot even remember the last time I wore something other than sandals except when running.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max8624 View Post
I tend to wear socks all the time, when not in bed, even in the summer. My girlfriend asked me why and I didn't have a good answer. I mainly do it out of habit.

In general she prefers to go barefoot all the time and suggested that I try it. So I did. My tennis shoes don't feel good without socks so she picked me out some nice sandals and said they look good on me. She suggested that I wear them to a BBQ we went to the other day but I was a bit embarrassed mainly because I have a sock tan lol (legs are tanned but not feet). She said I need to get some sun there.
I have to admit it's more comfortable going sockless but is this really a good look for a guy?

I agree with your girlfriend - with loafers, canvass sneakers, or boat shoes - the types of shoes worn by most men in warmer weather - NO SOCKS!

And please - no tan line.

I'm not a fan of clunky brown sandals on men. There are some OK looking "thong" style sandals available - in canvass and leather. But please guys - groom your feet.
And, if you do not have elegant feet - pass on the sandal.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,403 times
I think if a person is wearing shoes/sneakers/etc., socks are comfortable and sanitary. Other than that, it's just a matter of personal preference. If OP doesn't get blisters and doesn't perspire a lot, he should do whatever makes him happy.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
I think if a person is wearing shoes/sneakers/etc., socks are comfortable and sanitary. Other than that, it's just a matter of personal preference. If OP doesn't get blisters and doesn't perspire a lot, he should do whatever makes him happy.
However it sounds like the OP has always worn socks so the suggestion to go barefooted is just that a suggestion not a command. My wife has often suggested I try a different food or some piece of clothing and sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

I never tracked stuff on the floor in bare feet that the dogs and cats didn't however socks and shoes does make the biting of feet harder.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM

75 posts, read 88,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Just my two cents here, but I don't think it's ever a good look for guys. Feet are absolutely disgusting, especially men's feet. I'm always grateful when I'm out and about to see people wearing shoes, and I always extend the same courtesy. That's just me though. I'm weird like that I guess. In any case, whatever you decide works/looks best for you is the right call, and I say more power to you.
This kind of thinking is why I have always kept my feet covered lol. You're not the only one and I appreciate your honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty