Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:24 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,261,573 times

Advertisements

Eyebrows. Yes, eyebrows!

My hair is all white and so are my eyebrows. In addition, they have really thinned out.

I've learned to be sure they're well-defined. It makes a huge difference in my overall appearance. It's not easy to find gray/white eyebrow pencil/brow powder, but worth looking.

There's also a fine line between having them look at least sorta natural, and looking like they've been painted on.

When I was younger, I always wondered why older women plucked their eyebrows to the point where they had to be drawn back on. Guess what!?! No plucking involved -- for many of us, eyebrows just get a LOT thinner as we age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 12:33 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
I have a neighour whos now 86 and hes incredible, he walks straight, quick and very smart.. is slim ,has all his hair.. and could easily pass for early 60s.. In no way does he resemble an old man.. so many old peter start to totter along, some look as if they ve lost their ability to walk with their legs close together if you know what I mean..the stoop starts too and have you noticed necks seem to disappear... this man has no signs of aging at all that I can see except for some grey....so health allowing.. walk smart all the time.. as much as you can.. dont slouch and look interested in everything.. too many old people get stuck in a rut of talking only about grandkids or what pills their on......we need more than that in our lives..get out and about, take in the great outdoors. explore old and new places and take loads of photos.. Photography Ive found makes me want to find new places of interest and walk more.. we should use all the facilities we still have as some cant or dont..

Old 08-25-2016, 02:29 AM

808 posts, read 542,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyC View Post
If your outfit requires neither lipstick or even an accessory, it may be best to stay home.
I don't understand this. Are you saying that all outfits require lipstick and accessories?

Old 08-25-2016, 04:26 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sleep, nutritious diet, and excellent foundation garments are my top three.
You got two of the three. Add regular exercise to them.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times
keep your lips and chin free of hair (there are some great facial hair-removing products out there)

don't dye your hair too dark, black and dark brunette are OUT!

don't wear too much heavy makeup

Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,940 times
Stay away from cosmetic procedures and Botox. I recently saw Courteney Cox and thought what a shame. She's 52 and she looks 52, but she'd look a better 52 had she not messed around with her face. And you know she can afford the best. I just can't think of any examples in which I thought it was a good idea. It makes you look old.

The typical cliche advise: no/reduced alcohol, no smoking. No/reduced sugar would be ideal as well.

As far as the sun goes, yes don't get too much and at least protect your face, but every day when it's convenient I try to get in 20 minutes of direct sun on my bare legs for the natural vitamin D. I keep sunscreen on my face and try to keep my arms mostly out of it.

Don't cake on makeup or over style your hair. It'll age anyone.

I use coconut oil as my moisturizer (face, body and hair) at night and then a sunscreen during the day, every day year round.

Exercise consistently throughout your life.

Dress stylishly. It doesn't have to be over-the-top trendy. I hate trends myself. Just don't dress dowdy. I've noticed some people, straight out of high school, tend to let themselves go (weight gain, frumpy dressing, etc.).

Old 08-25-2016, 07:50 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
genetics, don't smoke, good sleep.

avoid UV light would be 4th
hydrate plenty 5th
be happy 6th

Last edited by Felix C; 08-25-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 07:52 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
losing weight.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:25 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
losing weight.
If not too overweight losing a few pounds is good, losing stones is another matter when your older. it ravages the face.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:54 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
If not too overweight losing a few pounds is good, losing stones is another matter when your older. it ravages the face.
Does a stone equal about 14 pounds, give or take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty