Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:22 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Does that involve putting eyeliner on the waterline? I've never liked doing that. I always think I'm going to poke my eye with the pencil, or some of the eyeliner will get into my eye.
No, you basically put it in between the lashes - it takes a little practice but after awhile it is second nature. There are some good tutorials on youtube. It looks FAR better than lining above the lashes, and way more natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 04:21 PM

2,036 posts, read 3,353,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I actually find very thin, rawboned people tend to look prematurely aged in some cases. As you age, the line between slim and gaunt can start to blur.
Totally agree. Especially in the face.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:32 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
No, you basically put it in between the lashes - it takes a little practice but after awhile it is second nature. There are some good tutorials on youtube. It looks FAR better than lining above the lashes, and way more natural.
I see. It does sound a bit fiddly though. But then again, so is pulling at your eyelids to put a line on your upper eyelids! And trying to get an eyeliner flick just right!

Old 09-29-2016, 06:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I tight line on my tear line with gel eyeliner and a brush. Upper, lower, both, none, different combinations.

I have almond shaped eyes and darker skin so it doesn't stand out as much.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-29-2016, 06:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I just looked up tightlining and oh GOD.

I'd definitely wind up blind.

But more power to you girls, and yes, it does look like it's a really nice look!

Old 09-29-2016, 09:12 PM

1,122 posts, read 962,852 times
I'm 63 yrs old, and I am blessed to have very thick hair still and it's beautiful. I have a great hair stylist. I wear my hair short- blonde highlights. I have nice skin but I have used Cetaphil for years as my cleanser - use only a good moisturizer by Lancome and foundation (Revision) I get from my dermatologist that actually blends in with my skin, and has good sun block. Use a good cream around my eyes (Clinique) and I stay out of the sun. Sun is your enemy...not your friend. When I am out gardening I wear a hat. Smoking is definitely not good for your skin so never start...

I feel less is more on our faces...I do wear lipstick ALWAYS (Mac - Hot Gossip). Never without it. I love my jeans! I wear Levi skinny jeans. Also capri's in the summer. Hate my legs showing due to Venous Insufficiency but I like to be comfortable.

I have a good attitude - I like me - love my music from the 70's...and there you have it.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:16 PM

1,122 posts, read 962,852 times
I think we are all beautiful human beings...just have to really love who you are and be comfortable in your own skin. All the other stuff just enhances us. :-)

Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,164,638 times
Quote:
I discovered "tightlining" a couple years ago. It makes a huge difference.
It is kind of new for me, but I wished I had learned this technique back in high school. Wow, your words exactly - what a huge difference! Makes your eyes pop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Does that involve putting eyeliner on the waterline? I've never liked doing that. I always think I'm going to poke my eye with the pencil, or some of the eyeliner will get into my eye.
There are different variations on the technique, but yes some people do put it on the waterline, but I don't do that. I do as gypsychic explained below - just put the eyeliner in between the lashes. It just gives the eyes a beautifully natural look and your lashes look thick - your eyes pop in a good way with that bright eye look. I use a Q-tip moistened with water or a gentle eye make up cleanser to clean between the lashes. With practice it gets easier. Have fun!

Quote:

Old 09-30-2016, 12:31 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,164,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I tight line on my tear line with gel eyeliner and a brush. Upper, lower, both, none, different combinations.

I have almond shaped eyes and darker skin so it doesn't stand out as much.
I love the gel eyeliner pencils, but I find them harder to control and I have to use a Q-tip because sometimes it catches between my lashes. When I get it right, it looks really good.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:23 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've noticed a couple of people I know, who are close to 80, who walk bent over, bending from the waist.

What causes this? It's not the more commonly seen slumped-shoulder look.
I think its widows stoop or curvature of the spine..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty