Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Women also talk about what other women are wearing--describing it as "tacky" when it exposes too much. Well, that's the "nicest" way I've heard them describe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Scott, I'll say it again. I don't care what people wear. I don't think clothing says jack$h*t about a person,
And that speaks volumes about you, because no matter what you think, what people wear says EVERYTHING about a person.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM

291 posts, read 1,075,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
Skimpy, tight clothes, short tight skirts, and we want to know why theres so much rape and sexual attacks? Hmmmm.
Whoa! You do understand that skimpy clothes DO NOT cause sexual attacks, don't you? Women are raped in countries where they're forced to cover themselves head to toe. Toddlers are raped all the time- are they dressed skimpily? What about older women dressed conservatively coming home from church who are attacked? College girls in sweatpants and t-shirts are raped by acquaintances all the time.

Listen, you could put a man who actually has RESPECT for women in the presence of a Hooter's waitress or a stripper, and he won't "turn into" a rapist at the mere presence of a scantily clad woman. You put a rapist in the presence of a vulnerable woman, and it won't matter HOW she's dressed.

This is one of the saddest, sickest things I've ever read on CD....I don't even know what else to say....sadder still that it's from a woman.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
And that speaks volumes about you, because no matter what you think, what people wear says EVERYTHING about a person.
And what did it say about you when you went around town in your sweatpants?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
volumes

Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 AM

291 posts, read 1,075,333 times
To the OP: You might want to check out "Female Chauvinist Pigs" by Ariel Levy. It's an excellent book that explores this very topic, and might be of interest to your wife and daughters as well.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I don't care what people wear. I don't think clothing says jack$h*t about a person, never have, never will.
I'm completely in the other camp. I do think how someone presents themselves to others, speaks volumes. I always have, and I always will.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:51 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
My thoughts on what she was wearing...............I think she is a very attractive woman first of all, but I think the stockings and amount of cleavage she revealed cheapened her. I know and agree with whoever said that styles have changed and they reflect a new and free attitude with women. But this outfit really cheapened her.

I don't have children, but as long as I had a child living in my home, they would never leave it looking like that. When they turn 18, they could dress as they want, but I'm sure they would have instilled in them by that time that the way you dress paints a specific picture of you no matter if it's right or wrong.
In your post you said WOMAN which lead me to believe you were talking about ADULTS. You seem to be far to focused on CHILDREN ...which causes me concern since I think you did say you are 39....in fact a 39 year old sweat pant wearing 39 year old man going after 14 year olds is gross and sick!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And what did it say about you when you went around town in your sweatpants?
Wearing it along with my "Run Around the Square" shirt, I think it most likely showed that I am in to physical fitness and I participate in competitive racing.

Next?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
In your post you said WOMAN
It's hilarious how people pick things apart.

Mariah is my age, and I certainly wouldn't refer to her as a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty