Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 AM

25 posts, read 87,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBeaver View Post
I may be able to help point you in the right direction. My grandparents live in Cottonwood and have loved it there since the moved from Sedona to Cottonwood about 6 years ago. As back then they felt Sedona was getting very congested with the two lane road through town and more and more people coming their on weekends.

For the Cottonwood area I would suggest the West side of town which has the Dell Webb community that someone earlier mentioned. This is the area they live in and is about a 10 minute drive to old town/ down town Cottonwood. If you're into BBQ their is a phenomenal restaurant called "Hog Wild" in Cottonwood that you can't miss. I don't know of any bad areas in Cottonwood to steer clear of, but I would say that the community their in is very quiet and safe, but also has a minimal HOA.

As for Prescott if your open to it, they're many areas that fit what you're after in my opinion, but they're some areas in Prescott I would steer clear of. What do you consider a little bit of land? 1/2 acre, 1 acre, 5 acres? It is always interesting how things differ when people move from different parts of the country.

[mod cut-- please review rules for realtors here]

Prescott to Sedona is about an hour long drive, with Cottonwood nearly in the middle. It is about a 20-25 minute drive from Cottonwood to Sedona.

Hope this helps.

-Trent

You're right - I should have been more clear. But the truth is that we're keeping our options open. I would like 1/2 to 1 acre. Hubby would be happy with 5 or more But I don't want to be isolated either. I know that doesn't make much sense - that's why we're keeping our options open. We saw one house a while back that did have 5 acres, mostly to the back of the property. It was still in view of other houses, so it eased my mind about not being too isolated.

I would rather be in a community that is mostly retired and quiet. I've lived in town for the last 23 years and between screaming kids and barking dogs (mostly the kids), I'm ready for more natural sounds. Not that I mind the dogs - I have my own.

As we sit here in East TN with another front coming through and the second straight week of dingy, cold and wet weather, I sit here dreaming of our move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 02:07 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,237,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBeaver View Post
Prescott to Sedona is about an hour long drive, with Cottonwood nearly in the middle. It is about a 20-25 minute drive from Cottonwood to Sedona.
I've never once made it from Prescott to Sedona or vice versa in 1 hour, it's more like 1.5 hours...it's 40 just from W. Sedona to I17 and 260.

Check your Mapquest and you'll see.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:16 AM

174 posts, read 397,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I've never once made it from Prescott to Sedona or vice versa in 1 hour, it's more like 1.5 hours...it's 40 just from W. Sedona to I17 and 260.

Check your Mapquest and you'll see.
I guess I should have clarified a little better. I normally (80% of the time) always drive through Jerome to go there and in my opinion saves so much time.

As for driving from W. Sedona to the I17 you're right, it can be a nightmare with all those round-a-bouts...The other 20% of the time I enter Sedona through Cottonwood which puts me on the West side of Sedona. The furthest I ever really go is Talaki Paki (Tlaquepaque). The have some amazing restaurants there and their light displays are amazing this time of year.

-Trent

Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM

I wish we could move now! What grocery stores are in Cottonwood?

Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 PM

456 posts, read 1,501,167 times
Food City, Safeway, Fry's and a Super Walmart, plus a few small mom and pop/discount places.

Curly

Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 PM

Great! Food City is where I shop now in TN. Glad to have that there.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:23 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,166,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
Great! Food City is where I shop now in TN. Glad to have that there.
Sorry, not the same chain. Here's yours in TN ---> Food City This is the locally owned chain here ---> FOOD CITY - Home The same company owns two other chains here, Bashas and AJ's Fine Foods.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 PM

The prices are about the same... Well, I'll miss my Food City, but it's definitely not enough to change my mind about moving, lol...

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-17-2013, 02:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,166,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
The prices are about the same... Well, I'll miss my Food City, but it's definitely not enough to change my mind about moving, lol...

Thanks for the help!
LOL Definitely not a deal breaker. The Cottonwood store also has a tortilleria, so you'll get fresh tortillas, etc. daily. And they are good!

Old 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM

174 posts, read 397,165 times
Here are two photos I took last year of the light displays at Talaki Paki, but these don't do it justice.

-Trent
Attached Thumbnails
Want to move to Cottonwood area-photo-1.jpg   Want to move to Cottonwood area-photo-2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona