Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 10:53 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,815,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The state is sitting on a 7 Billion dollar budget surplus for 2024, how about some of that money?
... to pay for a one-way ticket to LA, SF, Portland, or Seattle?

BRILLIANT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 05:58 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
... to pay for a one-way ticket to LA, SF, Portland, or Seattle?

BRILLIANT!
So, someone is down on their luck, had a mental illness, or something else makes it impossible to be "normal" and the solution is to ship them out of state? That is the direct opposite of brilliant.

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2024 at 09:00 AM..

Old 03-06-2024, 07:07 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, someone is down on their luck, had a mental illness, or something else makes it impossible to be "normal" and the solution is to ship them out of state? That is the direct opposite of brilliant.
Spend a year in San Francisco. You'll learn quick that no matter how many hundreds of millions you spend it makes zero difference. The only way to get these people help is forcing them into rehab centers combined with forced aggressive psychotherapy. However, we know that would be a civil rights violation, so it's better to send them to places who think throwing an infinite amount of money will somehow fix the problem and/or where they don't apply the same laws to them, so they can defecate, masturbate, inject themselves and camp outside of businesses and schools with no repercussions.

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2024 at 09:00 AM..

Old 03-06-2024, 11:12 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
As someone who has fallen into that category I find the suggestion offensive, and at the same time ignorant. Anyone who follows that course of thought I can only hope finds themselves in an unanticipated life changing event to get a taste of what it's like. I used to say I wouldn't hope this upon my worst enemy but now find the incessant negativity from those minus a clue of what it's like, completely worthy of finding out.

Old 03-07-2024, 05:10 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
I disagree...I think its a perfect solution. They'll get to be around more people who are just like themselves.

Florida's too hot in the Summer time to be in Florida w/o a/c anyways.

I think this is actually being done in some places in the U.S.. I recall reading about it a while back, but don't recall the specifics. I think they were paying for 1 way bus rides, not plane tickets though.

aha! found it!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-country-study

Old 03-07-2024, 06:39 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I disagree...I think its a perfect solution. They'll get to be around more people who are just like themselves.

I think this is actually being done in some places in the U.S.. I recall reading about it a while back, but don't recall the specifics. I think they were paying for 1 way bus rides, not plane tickets though.

aha! found it!

Florida isn't that hot. People who don't have money don't have air conditioning, even if they have a place to live.

Just do something in Florida to help the homeless get back to a semblance of normality.

Old 03-08-2024, 07:46 AM

835 posts, read 475,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
They should be directed to prison.
In which case, we are all paying for their housing, food, and living expenses, but if that’s what you prefer your taxes go toward….

Old 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM

835 posts, read 475,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Another law that probably wont be enforced.
That, along with the laughable effort years ago, to ban sagging pants in public schools across the state of Florida, as if that was ever a pressing issue for the Department of Education, who has no bigger fish to fry, and still doesn’t, apparently.

Is there no logic behind the decision making, or?

Old 03-08-2024, 11:50 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Florida isn't that hot. People who don't have money don't have air conditioning, even if they have a place to live.

Just do something in Florida to help the homeless get back to a semblance of normality.
They dont want to be helped...most of them anyways. Not just in FLA either...everywhere they are at, most refuse to accept help, shelter, or a hand up. They don't want to follow any rules of society, or the rules of the orgs trying to help them.

Sorry, but they dont deserve to live amongst us unless they follow rules like the rest of us.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:51 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

aha! found it!

So you're okay with California shipping THEIR homeless here to Florida, right? I mean if it's good for us to do, it's good for them to do too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida