Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times

Advertisements

Why don't u just say FL wasn't for you and leave it at that instead of frequenting the forum of a place you no longer live and didn't enjoy living in. Only an idiot would think that living in any state or country is going to be a permanent vacation, unless you're retired. Only a fool would think that a relocation is going to erase day to day life. Perhaps that is what you expected and found it is not possible. It's also very likely that you got home sick for family and friends. I could only imagine what you were telling your family and friends before leaving there to relocate here. After all, if you were happy where you were, you would have never left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Living in Florida full time is not a vacation and therein lies the problem with some people's thinking. You don't sit around by the pool with a pina colada all day. It's real life with real problems, food shopping, doctor appointments, house cleaning, yard maintenance etc., etc. only it's hot as hell. Vacations for us when we lived in FL meant getting on a plane in the summer and heading north to enjoy family, friends, and fresh air.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:02 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Quote:
Living in Florida full time is not a vacation and therein lies the problem with some people's thinking. You don't sit around by the pool with a pina colada all day. It's real life with real problems, food shopping, doctor appointments, house cleaning, yard maintenance etc., etc. only it's hot as hell. Vacations for us when we lived in FL meant getting on a plane in the summer and heading north to enjoy family, friends, and fresh air.
But you can have pina colada therapy by the pool when needed to cope with real life anytime of the year. Yeah, terrible place to live .

Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
But you can have pina colada therapy by the pool when needed to cope with real life anytime of the year. Yeah, terrible place to live .
You sit out by your pool on an unbearably hot humid day in August with a pina colada ? Not me, I sit inside with the A/C blasting with Jimmy Buffett and my therapist Captain Morgan.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,815 times
Quote:
Living in Florida full time is not a vacation....
I sit by the water and watch the crabs scurry, the fish jump and the birds fish while I drink my morning coffee, work hard until lunch time then swim laps in the sunshine, work all afternoon then go out the causeway to see the sun set over the gulf with the dolphins playing and the gulls diving and the waves crashing.

No it isn't a vacation--but I feel like those moments of beauty and relaxation are like vacation, even though I work full time. (I took the fewest actual days off last year than I have in a decade, but it did not feel that way.) Our own perceptions form our reality, and I won't deny you your own reality. But mine is far different.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 AM

623 posts, read 965,347 times
Quote:
once again you're bashing florida. Don't you ever stop?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:05 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
once again you're bashing florida. Don't you ever stop?
People continue to bash because they are trying to convince themselves they made the right decision by moving.

In the meantime, I am enjoying this glorious day with the sun shining, my butterflies flying and a cool breeze off the Bay. I am so thankful I get to live here!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You sit out by your pool on an unbearably hot humid day in August with a pina colada ? Not me, I sit inside with the A/C blasting with Jimmy Buffett and my therapist Captain Morgan.
I love it brother, absolutely love the heat. Now where I can feel ya 100% is the Jimmy Buffet.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,769,108 times
Tis too hot already, and too soon, BUT, I just have to deal with it, because it's not gonna go away soon... One huge difference I have noticed is, I have lost 20lbs, and that has made me feel cooler alone. We have been to the beach more often too.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 PM

179 posts, read 565,640 times
Quote:
What everyone is saying, is what I was saying:

I have lived here since 1964, and I have no problem If people have a preference to living up north. Our state depends on the seasonal residents and tourists that come here, each year. Most people would just admit they prefer a different climate or atmosphere, and not come back.
I have plenty of family up there, and 2 of my best friends are from Fall River, Mass. But that is no reason to bash Florida, just because you feel it didn't meet up to your standards.
If it didn't meet up to your expectations, big deal. why come back with the (use and abuse) statement.
Most people come and visit for years, before they make a major move. They do the research, before they spend the money to move down...
So don't blame our state just because you gambled and lost.
Use and abuse elsewhere, we won't mind
And yeah, why if our state was such a big disappointment, do you keep following these threads so closely??
Must be our southern hospitality
P.S. No, I wasn't bored to read your old threads, and No it's not too hot out for me outside. My house was built in 1926, Spanish style railroad car house, lots of wood sash all around, and no a/c. Birds wake me up in the am, I have a sea breeze, and fans all through my home, and an elec. bill of $40.00 every month all summer long. couldn't pry me out of Florida and this house with a crow bar.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM

413 posts, read 828,006 times
Sounds good to me, any pics of your place you want to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Andrews View Post
What everyone is saying, is what I was saying:

I have lived here since 1964, and I have no problem If people have a preference to living up north. Our state depends on the seasonal residents and tourists that come here, each year. Most people would just admit they prefer a different climate or atmosphere, and not come back.
I have plenty of family up there, and 2 of my best friends are from Fall River, Mass. But that is no reason to bash Florida, just because you feel it didn't meet up to your standards.
If it didn't meet up to your expectations, big deal. why come back with the (use and abuse) statement.
Most people come and visit for years, before they make a major move. They do the research, before they spend the money to move down...
So don't blame our state just because you gambled and lost.
Use and abuse elsewhere, we won't mind
And yeah, why if our state was such a big disappointment, do you keep following these threads so closely??
Must be our southern hospitality
P.S. No, I wasn't bored to read your old threads, and No it's not too hot out for me outside. My house was built in 1926, Spanish style railroad car house, lots of wood sash all around, and no a/c. Birds wake me up in the am, I have a sea breeze, and fans all through my home, and an elec. bill of $40.00 every month all summer long. couldn't pry me out of Florida and this house with a crow bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida