Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM

31 posts, read 35,283 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't like living there. What would I do on vacations?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:17 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabennett View Post
I don't know, go on day trips and stuff. You're allowed to visit other states, too.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Use, abuse and leave? Glad you left. Now abuse where you live now.

Question: what made you decide to come here in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
We lived there for 6 years and now we're back north and we've got nothing good to say about year-round living in FL. It's a great place to visit, use, abuse, and then leave. Rick Scott was the last straw for us. High insurance rates, smarmy summers, love bugs, fire ants, daily electrical storms, etc. I don't think we realized how miserable we were there until we moved away and re-experienced forsythia, daffodils, hills, walking trails, etc. And yes, SNOW!!! Also the zombie-like neighbors, people who won't let themselves get too close or talk about their feelings because if they did then they'd realize their dreams haven't been met, their house is worth nil, and how unhappy they were in their decision to move to FL.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:15 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Yes, it's part of the dance new Floridians do in their heads to convince themselves that they made the right choice. Thankfully, some of us come out of our trance and forge back into real life! But thank you for researching my older posts. Must be too hot to go outside and live your own life, aye?!
Or it could be that some people have something else happen in their lives and suddenly decide they don't like it here anymore thinking moving again will solve everything.

Thankfully some of us don't feel like a state has something to do with the downturn in our lives and choose to go into threads about places they don't live anymore to trash the state to make themselves feel better.

You have left a while ago and always end up back in the Florida threads, I meanwhile maybe have 10 posts in the state threads from where I came.
Talk about living your own life yet you just can't stay away. Priceless.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Dear boston904, I am from Boston, born, bred and raised and I won't be bashing my Mass. neighbors any time too soon as you wisecracked. Why can't you get it through your head? Florida isn't for everyone. Some of us just don't like it there. In return for warm winters I got nothing, absolutely nothing back. Right now I'm looking out of my opened windows (yup, we can open windows here) at the wide expanse of the Atlantic Ocean, Spring is budding all around, my belly is full of lobster roll and all is right with the world. I'll save bashing Mass to you.
Yeah, you have food, I have food. You have a view, I have a view. My windows are open, your windows are open.

What is your point?

Old 05-05-2011, 05:36 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
Quote:
We take off and go up to orlando, go to the east coast. Go wherever...

Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,216 times
Quote:
Do you take a vacation from your vacation when you're on vacation??

Old 05-05-2011, 05:03 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,805,586 times
if everyday is a vacation, then, you go to work on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post

Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I go down to the islands, Central America, South America, Tahoe, Vegas, New York. That's if I'm not going to the Keys or the Panhandle. Lots of places in state to go and living here does not preclude you from going out of state on vacation. It also enables you to take just a nice weekend trip to Disney without a big airfare expense, I just drive over for the day since it is only 1:30 minutes for me.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Living in Florida full time is not a vacation and therein lies the problem with some people's thinking. You don't sit around by the pool with a pina colada all day. It's real life with real problems, food shopping, doctor appointments, house cleaning, yard maintenance etc., etc. only it's hot as hell. Vacations for us when we lived in FL meant getting on a plane in the summer and heading north to enjoy family, friends, and fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida