Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 AM

Location: Gainesville, Florida/now in Qinhuangdao China/Beijing
31 posts, read 112,828 times

Advertisements

I left the usa and moved to Beijing China,, I didnt like the culture in the usa, but I did love the culture and living in Florida.
To me Florida is its own seperate country, Id choose to live no place else in america,only Florida.
I am home sick for Beautiful Florida

Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Come on back ya'll

Florida. - Google Search

Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Andrews View Post
And I applaud you for your honesty, i do understand completely you have been down here all your life, and are saddened the way it has changed. Which I too who have been down here since 1964, in Palm Beach County, are too very sad to see the the slow, laid back, lifestyle, that I once enjoyed here, turn so dramatically to a very fast paced busy atmosphere. Trust me when I say, i remember when we didn't even lock our doors, when we went to sleep at night. And there were so many wide open spaces. I-95 didn't even come here until 1974, and before that everthing was slower because you only had US-1, NO ONE got anywhere in a hurry!!! LOL
Hell at your age you need to go exploreing to see whats out there. I occaisionally back in the late 70's and early 80's would leave for a year, or 6mo. but I alway's came back. You have to find what you're looking for out there.
It is very important to see what kind of options are out there so you can make that very important decision.
Good Luck to you and your family
P Andrews- Thank you for your kind, informative post. On the rare occasion that I post about my disenchantment w/ So. Fla, I usually get the stock reply of "get out & don't let the door hit ya on the way out", lol. Wow, I can't imagine how much you've seen change down here. I moved to W. Palm in '98 and left in '04 and in just that brief time, I watched in horror as all the over-development that ruined my native Broward now march North and corrupt PBC, it's just so sad. I really like W. Palm, too.

I'm just longing for a MAJOR change and can't wait to experience the vast differences in the U.P. or N.E. I've got about a yr left here and then I will have to post back and let ya know how it went. Thanks again for the well wishes!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Take a good look at Northern New England. You may be pleasently suprised.
Actually, Northern New England was my first choice for relocation as I have spent time(yes, in Winter-lol) in VT & NH and loved it. Unfortunately I fear a move up there may be cost prohibitive, I'm afraid it would be too expesive there. This is why I started to check out the Northern Mid-West and was quite impressed by the beauty and wildness of MI's U.P., it has that far North appeal without the avg home price of $250,000. Right now we are seriously looking at Marquette, but we will also include N.H. & VT on our final scouting mission.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 AM

179 posts, read 566,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
P Andrews- Thank you for your kind, informative post. On the rare occasion that I post about my disenchantment w/ So. Fla, I usually get the stock reply of "get out & don't let the door hit ya on the way out", lol. Wow, I can't imagine how much you've seen change down here. I moved to W. Palm in '98 and left in '04 and in just that brief time, I watched in horror as all the over-development that ruined my native Broward now march North and corrupt PBC, it's just so sad. I really like W. Palm, too.

I'm just longing for a MAJOR change and can't wait to experience the vast differences in the U.P. or N.E. I've got about a yr left here and then I will have to post back and let ya know how it went. Thanks again for the well wishes!

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM

128 posts, read 192,798 times
I want you to get this anyone moving here I have been citied in my community for

A 3 lb dog who ran out of my house , martin cops showed up and animal control.

B Basketball hoop can seen I moved it 3 times so far still not enough for the ARBORS AND THERE OLD PEOPLE.

C hurricane shutters being closed as I was away and was not sure when I would return from the middle east as I was serving.

D House not painted I was not HOME HOW WOULD I KNOW IT NEEDED PAINTING ?

E Here on this board people saying I am flaming them I have lived here not by choice since 1972 I only moved back to take care of a 88 old mother to find more old people whom watch my familes every move.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:45 AM

248 posts, read 535,497 times
We moved from NJ to Bradenton, FL (near Sarasota) and lived there for 5 years. We were never able to get used to it, and moved back up north.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak9210 View Post
We moved from NJ to Bradenton, FL (near Sarasota) and lived there for 5 years. We were never able to get used to it, and moved back up north.
18 years and i never got used to it. Actually as time goes on it gets worse for me.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,307,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
I want you to get this anyone moving here I have been citied in my community for

A 3 lb dog who ran out of my house , martin cops showed up and animal control.

B Basketball hoop can seen I moved it 3 times so far still not enough for the ARBORS AND THERE OLD PEOPLE.

C hurricane shutters being closed as I was away and was not sure when I would return from the middle east as I was serving.

D House not painted I was not HOME HOW WOULD I KNOW IT NEEDED PAINTING ?

E Here on this board people saying I am flaming them I have lived here not by choice since 1972 I only moved back to take care of a 88 old mother to find more old people whom watch my familes every move.
Maybe you should move to an area without a HOA.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 6,028 times
I am thinking of moving to fl, and was hoping to find some words of encouragement here...but I only see a couple positive reflections out there. Anyone have any "pros" for me? I've been living in the Midwest for 4 years now, but am originally from the south, so I can take the summer heat. In fact, I miss it after 4 very long winters. What's not to love in southern fl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida