Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM

128 posts, read 192,798 times

Advertisements

its sucks I cant wait to leave cops , old people , heat its is a hole

Old 05-16-2011, 07:52 PM

179 posts, read 566,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dave View Post
Sounds good to me, any pics of your place you want to share?

I'll dig out a couple pics an scan em on my post

Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM

That is your opinion, and we respect it. But as long as you are here, try to make the best of it. And why is it that cops, seem to be an issue?? They make our citizens safer, we are a very transient state. We need our police, I mean if you had any kinda problem, who would you expect to call to help you???
And retirees, well they come here, and have been doing so for many years. It's a place they can enjoy themselves year-round, and not deal with shoveling snow, all winter long. They may drive slower, but they truly don't bother anyone.
And last but not least, the heat, well, all I can say is either dress for the climate, or use your A/C, & stay inside till November, it cools down about that time.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,307,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Sure, most cities/tows have their one or two pig cops, but I can't really say that it's a rampant problem. All of my police encounters here have been pretty neutral, neither bad nor good.

The old people thing is just another Florida stereotype that's perpetuated. Of course you'll find plenty of old people in their old haunts, but I can't say that Florida's main cities are dominated by the elderly.

Of course Florida is hot. That's no surprise, or at least it shouldn't be. Next you'll complain about there not being any mountains.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Sure, most cities/tows have their one or two pig cops, but I can't really say that it's a rampant problem. All of my police encounters here have been pretty neutral, neither bad nor good.

The old people thing is just another Florida stereotype that's perpetuated. Of course you'll find plenty of old people in their old haunts, but I can't say that Florida's main cities are dominated by the elderly.

Of course Florida is hot. That's no surprise, or at least it shouldn't be. Next you'll complain about there not being any mountains.
It sucks.... There are no mountains!!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
If cops are a problem, you must be a criminal. When are you leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post

Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
I'm sorry, I can't wait to leave and frankly cannot find anything redeeming here at all, at least in my area as I will not speak for the whole state. I also find some irony in some of the posters proporting to know so much about Fla. I see rose-colored posts from self-proclaimed Fla experts who don't even live here, or who lived here for a yr back in '82, who think visiting often in tantamount to full-time residency. Look, I'm not goingvto claim to be an expert either however, as a Fla native who has lived here for all my 34 yrs, I think I do know a bit about life in South Fla. I won't spend hours detailing why I so strongly dislike it here, will just say that I'm far from the only person leavingthe state around here as many of our natives/long-time residents, are sadned and disturbed with how thingshave changed/deteriorated down here.

I'm seriously looking to get as far away from South Florida as possible and will be heading to the U.P. or northern New England in the next yr. May we all find what we are looking for in this vast country.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,307,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If cops are a problem, you must be a criminal. When are you leaving?
Well, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion right away. I've run into some real pig cops (in South Carolina, most notably) just for being young and having out-of-state plates.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil red 0005 View Post
I'm sorry, I can't wait to leave and frankly cannot find anything redeeming here at all, at least in my area as I will not speak for the whole state. I also find some irony in some of the posters proportion to know so much about Fla. I see rose-colored posts from self-proclaimed Fla experts who don't even live here, or who lived here for a yr back in '82, who think visiting often in tantamount to full-time residency. Look, I'm not going to claim to be an expert either however, as a Fla native who has lived here for all my 34 yrs, I think I do know a bit about life in South Fla. I won't spend hours detailing why I so strongly dislike it here, will just say that I'm far from the only person leaving the state around here as many of our natives/long-time residents, are signed and disturbed with how things have changed/deteriorated down here.

I'm seriously looking to get as far away from South Florida as possible and will be heading to the U.P. or northern New England in the next yr. May we all find what we are looking for in this vast country.
And I applaud you for your honesty, i do understand completely you have been down here all your life, and are saddened the way it has changed. Which I too who have been down here since 1964, in Palm Beach County, are too very sad to see the the slow, laid back, lifestyle, that I once enjoyed here, turn so dramatically to a very fast paced busy atmosphere. Trust me when I say, i remember when we didn't even lock our doors, when we went to sleep at night. And there were so many wide open spaces. I-95 didn't even come here until 1974, and before that everthing was slower because you only had US-1, NO ONE got anywhere in a hurry!!! LOL
Hell at your age you need to go exploreing to see whats out there. I occaisionally back in the late 70's and early 80's would leave for a year, or 6mo. but I alway's came back. You have to find what you're looking for out there.
It is very important to see what kind of options are out there so you can make that very important decision.
Good Luck to you and your family

Old 05-18-2011, 07:33 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I'm sorry, I can't wait to leave and frankly cannot find anything redeeming here at all, at least in my area as I will not speak for the whole state. I also find some irony in some of the posters proporting to know so much about Fla. I see rose-colored posts from self-proclaimed Fla experts who don't even live here, or who lived here for a yr back in '82, who think visiting often in tantamount to full-time residency. Look, I'm not goingvto claim to be an expert either however, as a Fla native who has lived here for all my 34 yrs, I think I do know a bit about life in South Fla. I won't spend hours detailing why I so strongly dislike it here, will just say that I'm far from the only person leavingthe state around here as many of our natives/long-time residents, are sadned and disturbed with how thingshave changed/deteriorated down here.

Take a good look at Northern New England. You may be pleasently suprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida