Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,371,397 times

Advertisements

I dunno but whenever someone cuts me off on the road they usually have Florida plates.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,771,599 times
You know what's funny, when I experience bad driving (or what I perceive as bad), it is usually with some who is from the South. But, I won't go as far as to say that all southerners are bad drivers. We have some doozies here in NYC. It really can put you in a very bad mood!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,636,710 times
Quote:
I dunno but whenever someone cuts me off on the road they usually have Florida plates.
I get cut off by Ontario plates, NY plates, Arizona plates, Michigan plates, Hawaii plates (what the...), Tennessee plates, Florida plates - you name it, they've cut me off in traffic. But the out of state plates annoy me much more because they cut me off and then lollygag along doing 15 miles below the limit in the left lane. Excuse me, some of us have to get to work!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:55 AM

436 posts, read 1,090,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Of course, nobody doubts that. Assuming you live in VB as your name might indicate, most of the folks there are from up north anyway. So even though ppl may cut you off and they have a FL plate, obviously, 9 out of 10 chances are, they are from up north anyway.

And this pretty much goes for all of FL. I dont ever remember being cut off by a man in a truck with a gun rack or a rebel flag on the truck, although it definitely could happen.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Let's be fair Hoptoit - Yes, nyer's cut people off, but I have to say most of the time I'm cut off it is with a blinker - Floridians are notorious for not putting the blinker on. That is something Floridians do not really Northereners. Do we have rude drivers yes, but the blinker thing is not usually on the list of things that Nyers do. Did you read my post before about giving us a break?? - I'm sure part of it is just gettin adjusted to a new area. Believe me if you were here you would have to learn how to drive the way we do here just to survive. Often times people take that mentality with them to the new place even though it is not necessary. It goes to the whole unwinding thing I was speaking about. I assure you that we are not all bad drivers or rude and nasty people.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Most people in FL arent from FL anyway, so if you say "Floridians" are notorious for not using their blinkers, you may as well say "Northerners, Midwesterners, and Latin Americans are notorious for not using their blinkers" because really, that is the bulk of FL residents. You may as well put FL in the same sentence as Las Vegas. One might say, "folks in Las Vegas are so rude." While that may be true, Las Vegas is a city where everyone is from elsewhere, and to say that Las Vegan's are notorious for being rude, you have to wonder "who are these Las Vegan's anyway?" Nobody in Las Vegas is from Las Vegas. They are all from somewhere else. Lol.

I live here in FL, have been for yrs as well as many of my family members were here when places like Orlando had more cows than people. I know now, in 2009, that FL is not the same place, and I have met so many people and been so many places throughout FL. I know where most people that live in FL are originally from, as does many other folks who know a lot about FL and have lived here for yrs. They know what cities are like and who makes up the cities' populations, and what those certain folks tendencies (driving habits) are.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM

767 posts, read 2,067,132 times
Floridians hate Northerners for the same reason that alot of Wisconsin people hate Illinois people - Because they are tourists. But they do like the revenue that it generates for the states and hotel tax revenue from the Northern tourists is the main reason why Floridians do not have a state income tax.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM

I could say and will say the same about NY - this is probably a larger transplant area. Where were you from originally?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Interesting view, but I'm not sure I agree.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 AM

I'm from FL, south FL originally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida