Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times

Advertisements

I really don't care what they think. I didn't want to come here in first place. I WANT my cold weather. I would rather shovel SNOW than walk around in the blazing, endless, Florida SUN.

I have no desire to change Florida. I just want to go HOME.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,199,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Last I checked the scoreboard:

North 1, South 0

Union dead- 364,511
Confederate dead-260,000

South 1, North 0

Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,295,893 times
I don't think that all Floridians dislike northerners. You have to understand that Florida is a pretty big state and South Florida, Central Florida and Northern Florida are quite different.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,988 times
I don't hate northerns; but I dislike New Yorkers. Most New Yorkers in Florida seem to think that every state should be exactly like New York and everyone should act the way New Yorkers act. Having a conversation with a New Yorker living in Florida goes as follows..

Me: What did you do this weekend?

New Yorker: I went to the mall.

Me: Shopping Spree?

New Yorker: No, everything in the stores down here suck. Back in New York we have all the latest fashion.

Me: Oh, really? Sorry you didn't see anything you like. I went to the Movies to see .......

New Yorker: Movies come out in New York before the rest of the country. Transportation system sucks compared to New York. Life in the Big City is so much better than here.

(I walk away from the conversation)

New Yorker: Did you know New York is the life blood of America. Back in New York we have the best hot dogs. Have you ever had a New York Style pizza?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,654,320 times
I had been staying out of this thread and the many like it that just seem to constantly generalize about anything and everything.

I have lived all over Florida and met people from all walks of life. I have not consistantly encountered native Floridians who dislike northerners just for the fact they were northerners. Anyone making generalizations such as this would just have to be an all around unlikeable person.

Of course you will run into others like yourself who will make a broad statements about a group of people without knowing anything about the individual. What you will have then is 2 people making sweeping statements based on absolutely no fact.

By no means do I get along with everyone I meet but I make a concerted effort to be at least minimally gracious. If you continually run into people that dislike you the moment they meet you then look in the mirror not back at the other person.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
I don't hate northerns; but I dislike New Yorkers. Most New Yorkers in Florida seem to think that every state should be exactly like New York and everyone should act the way New Yorkers act. Having a conversation with a New Yorker living in Florida goes as follows..

Me: What did you do this weekend?

New Yorker: I went to the mall.

Me: Shopping Spree?

New Yorker: No, everything in the stores down here suck. Back in New York we have all the latest fashion.

Me: Oh, really? Sorry you didn't see anything you like. I went to the Movies to see .......

New Yorker: Movies come out in New York before the rest of the country. Transportation system sucks compared to New York. Life in the Big City is so much better than here.

(I walk away from the conversation)

New Yorker: Did you know New York is the life blood of America. Back in New York we have the best hot dogs. Have you ever had a New York Style pizza?
Generalize much?

New York does have the best pizza though.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Generalize much?

New York does have the best pizza though.

Blame the New Yorkers.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 PM

910 posts, read 2,333,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Union dead- 364,511
Confederate dead-260,000

South 1, North 0
Not according to the score that counts... which is the final score...You can ask General Lee, who surrendered, he knows the good guys won, otherwise, this guy in the White House today wouldn't be President.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Blame the New Yorkers.
I am a New Yorker and the only comment I have ever made similar to what you relayed was in regards to the pizza.
I also know many NYers down here and they are not remotely like what you portrayed.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I am a New Yorker and the only comment I have ever made similar to what you relayed was in regards to the pizza.
I also know many NYers down here and they are not remotely like what you portrayed.
Maybe it's a generational thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida