Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM

109 posts, read 440,233 times

Advertisements

Here we go again," LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT". PERIOD

Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,670,035 times
Default You mean like a Mexican born mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
This is due to the fact that so many from other areas wish to move here.
Of course this would make the percentage of native born population low.
The percentage is growing though with all the families that moved here and now have children that are native born.

We also don't need to hear how you don't want to be here or you know others that don't, the numbers tell the story.
of one of the kids I work with who is having her 5th child by all different fathers. Native Floridians all!!!!!!!

Immigrants. You talk about births and deaths, but you don't talk about immigrants. THEY are adding to the population. Or do you think there are no foreign immigrants? Only transplants from other states? Where I live they just had a piece in the local paper that the Hispanic popoulation is now at 1/3. Pretty soon these immigrant "births" will be outpacing the rich, old retirees from the "North".

Old 07-27-2010, 05:02 PM

15 posts, read 58,739 times
Smile why do floridians...

You are right i got my facts wrong. According to Wikipedia, 2/3 rds of Floridians were born in another state, the 2nd hiest in the country.
thanx for keeping me on my toes!!

Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
What state has more tranplants (as a %) than FL? I'm going to guess NV.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 PM

12 posts, read 17,308 times
Because of the way that northerners act especially those from the NY City, NJ, Philadelphia, and Boston areas--rude and obnoxious. To them it is just normal behaviour. To a Southerner, it is not.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,779,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentman View Post
Because of the way that northerners act especially those from the NY City, NJ, Philadelphia, and Boston areas--rude and obnoxious. To them it is just normal behaviour. To a Southerner, it is not.
Great, just what we need a new member spouting more ignorance, GREAT!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
That map is a little off. Fort Myers is not full of rich old people, more like tight, ignorant, bitter, retired union workers. Maybe they'll die and take it with them, but in the meantime they drive old beaters and live in single-wides.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
of one of the kids I work with who is having her 5th child by all different fathers. Native Floridians all!!!!!!!

Immigrants. You talk about births and deaths, but you don't talk about immigrants. THEY are adding to the population. Or do you think there are no foreign immigrants? Only transplants from other states? Where I live they just had a piece in the local paper that the Hispanic popoulation is now at 1/3. Pretty soon these immigrant "births" will be outpacing the rich, old retirees from the "North".
I guess every baby mama in NYC has the same daddy for all their kids?

And the reason I didn't bring up immigrants is because it was not relevant. I brought up transplants as a whole.

I do find it laughable that you laud the diversity of NYC but now it is just "immigrants" because we are talking in Florida.

Nice try but once again, fail.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,670,035 times
Default Sarcasm to underscore as point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I guess every baby mama in NYC has the same daddy for all their kids?

And the reason I didn't bring up immigrants is because it was not relevant. I brought up transplants as a whole.

I do find it laughable that you laud the diversity of NYC but now it is just "immigrants" because we are talking in Florida.

Nice try but once again, fail.
which is that you cannot pick and choose statistics to suit your agenda. Immigrants are and must be included in the data. They add to the population numbers of a state or city. When I quoted that statistic of 2/3 of the population were not born in Florida, do you really think that number was just transplants from other states? Whether you were born in another state or a foreign country, it is still the same. You are still not a "native" for purposes of that statistic.

It applies to Florida, and it also applies to NYC, or any other place.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Sarcasm to underscore as point which is that you cannot pick and choose statistics to suit your agenda. Immigrants are and must be included in the data. They add to the population numbers of a state or city. When I quoted that statistic of 2/3 of the population were not born in Florida, do you really think that number was just transplants from other states? Whether you were born in another state or a foreign country, it is still the same. You are still not a "native" for purposes of that statistic.

It applies to Florida, and it also applies to NYC, or any other place.
I guess you couldn't comprehend so let me break it down for you.

Immigrants were included in my statement, I just did not say,
Quote:
"This includes immigrants"
, because I thought,
Quote:
"This is due to the fact that so many from other areas wish to move here."
, made it clear enough that I wasn't excluding anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida