Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,517 times

Advertisements

You are 100% right! I am a nice native NYer! Do I deal with a lot of jerks of course, can I be a bitc#, of course. But that usually has to be brought out of me. I'm not usually nasty just for the sake of being nasty. Takes way too much effort, it is much easier to be nice! Some peoples are just jerks and it wouldn't matter where they were from!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,409 times
That is so true. Being nice goes a lot further than being nasty and it isn't as stressful.

Chelsa1075 you won't have any problems here. I have found that people who have lived here long enough adapt very well. They as they say get with the program and relax.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM

478 posts, read 1,325,097 times
I wouldnt say all of them particularly got with the program and learned to relax in South FL!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes30 View Post
I've noticed that regardless of location.

Also, guys in big pick-up trucks drive horribly everywhere.

I think it's a "Guy in big pick-up thing".

Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 AM

210 posts, read 664,928 times
Default We need massive immigration of fellow southerners

We need to start a campaign in Florida that promotes the state to other Southern people from Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and South Carolina. Also, we could give citizens of these states incentives to relocate their families to Florida and maybe pretty soon they will outnumber the yankees that have moved here. Next thing you know, the native Floridans will have someone to help them guard the Southern culture and heritage of the state against the Northerners who constantly try to destroy it.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:55 AM

87 posts, read 256,711 times
Yes!! I am a Hispanic, American citizen and completely agree with your point of view. By personal experience I have been exposed to some rural areas in Florida where many values of the Southern culture are still noticeable... which I really respect and admire. Even I have found that the racist label of Southerners is false in many cases and, if it is true... I personally prefer to deal with the honest racism of Southerners than the concealed racism from Northerners which is worse.

For example, I have witnessed how the Orlando Metro Area has changed due to massive moving of people from the North, particularly from New York. The same has been happening to South Florida for decades.

Many of the Southern values such as family, faith, brotherhood, community involvement, and simplicity are gone in Florida. The Yankee invader and hypocritical political correctness attitude is what domains now in Florida.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,769,108 times
What a complete load of CRAP!!!!! Let the ignorance flow..... I have seen more racial bias here than I ever saw where I am from.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:51 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
What a complete load of CRAP!!!!! Let the ignorance flow..... I have seen more racial bias here than I ever saw where I am from.
Agreed.......

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,364,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeFloridan View Post
We need to start a campaign in Florida that promotes the state to other Southern people from Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and South Carolina. Also, we could give citizens of these states incentives to relocate their families to Florida and maybe pretty soon they will outnumber the yankees that have moved here. Next thing you know, the native Floridans will have someone to help them guard the Southern culture and heritage of the state against the Northerners who constantly try to destroy it.
You dredged up this old post to slam Yankees? If it weren't for the Yankee presence in FL, who'd be spending the bucks and keeping the economy afloat? The restaurants would disappear, shops and businesses would close, and we'd just be Alabama South. I thought the 'Southern Culture' was to be gracious. This is hardly a gracious post. It is telling, however... telling of who you are and what you represent.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
People need to accept that Florida is a melting pot. Way back during the early boom times (1920s) it was marketed to people from the north and other parts of the country. We originally were inhabited by the native American Indians. Then settled by Spaniards. People from other countries came, and are still coming.

To me, this is what makes Florida what it is. I am grateful for all the different peoples coming here, it makes it so much more interesting. And I get exposed to new cultures, new cuisine and fresh ideas. It's too bad some people just can't be more accepting.

All I hope for is that the people who are unhappy here will leave, because while I welcome all who want to come here and who love it here, I don't want to see overpopulation of my beautiful home state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida