Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
How ironic.
Aren't you a northerner yourself????????????????? If all the "northerners" left today, and I mean ALL of them at once, this whole state would go down in a ball of flames. It's already half way there. Lets stop all the snowbirds from coming and we will see how great it will be. Maybe we could make FL its own country that won't allow other people from getting in. Sounds like a plan.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 AM

There is nothing more humorous than northerners talking smack about northerners... Do as I say, not as I do?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Aren't you a northerner yourself????????????????? If all the "northerners" left today, and I mean ALL of them at once, this whole state would go down in a ball of flames. It's already half way there. Lets stop all the snowbirds from coming and we will see how great it will be. Maybe we could make FL its own country that won't allow other people from getting in. Sounds like a plan.
Your post makes no sense. If any state had those not originally from there just leave and that includes taking their businesses with them then that state would suffer greatly just like Florida would.

I brought up migration patterns and the irony of your post. Just because some complain about northerners coming down does not mean all feel that way so I don't know why you implied I felt that way.

The irony in your other post was that you talked about biting the hand that feeds you, meanwhile you left the north because you could not find work yet were offered a job in the south.

And yes, I was born in NY and lived there for 25 years. When I moved to Florida it was my choice and I didn't have a lot of money at that time. Florida provided me with a good living and I eventually started my own company which I sold for a nice profit. There are many others who have done the same.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
There is nothing more humorous than northerners talking smack about northerners... Do as I say, not as I do?
There are northerners that more south and love it and there are northerners that move south and then ***** about it.

2 different groups.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
At this point it's silly to argue about all the northerners in FL, since I'm guessing half of the 18 million who live here aren't natives. FL is a tourist state and survives mainly because people visit here from somewhere else. So we need all the outsiders we can get. There used to be a bumper sticker that read "Welcome to Florida. Now go home!" What happened is that millions of people didn't pay attention to it.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
At this point it's silly to argue about all the northerners in FL, since I'm guessing half of the 18 million who live here aren't natives. FL is a tourist state and survives mainly because people visit here from somewhere else. So we need all the outsiders we can get. There used to be a bumper sticker that read "Welcome to Florida. Now go home!" What happened is that millions of people didn't pay attention to it.
I put a bumper sticker on my car when I moved to Orlando when I first got here it said "Don't shoot! I'm not a tourist, I live here"....

Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Your post makes no sense. If any state had those not originally from there just leave and that includes taking their businesses with them then that state would suffer greatly just like Florida would.

I brought up migration patterns and the irony of your post. Just because some complain about northerners coming down does not mean all feel that way so I don't know why you implied I felt that way.

The irony in your other post was that you talked about biting the hand that feeds you, meanwhile you left the north because you could not find work yet were offered a job in the south. The difference is, I left because of work, I didn't complain about the people up there????? say what???????

And yes, I was born in NY and lived there for 25 years. When I moved to Florida it was my choice and I didn't have a lot of money at that time. Florida provided me with a good living and I eventually started my own company which I sold for a nice profit. There are many others who have done the same.
I just love to argue with you, it makes my day. That's all. I know I am never right, so I just argue for the fun of it.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
There are northerners that more south and love it and there are northerners that move south and then ***** about it.

2 different groups.
That would be me for sure.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:56 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
Personally, I could care less what Floridians think of me, and since I have lived here for 3 years and own property and work here, I AM consider a "Floridian" by all legal instances, it is probably moot anyway.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I just love to argue with you, it makes my day. That's all. I know I am never right, so I just argue for the fun of it.
Arguing is half the fun here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida