Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,287 times

Advertisements

hello friends
you are all uneducated fools and do not recognize miami for what it is a major international cosmopolitan city
please congregate to all your back woods areas
regards
don pingu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 AM

25 posts, read 59,430 times
Default Miami is a dump

Hey Don Pingu,

You sound like every other person from Miami with a chip on their shoulder. "Miami is a major cosmopolitan city" huh?

Let me tell you guys something right now. I lived in Tampa for a few years and decided I wanted to move down there. I lived there for exactly one year because I was locked into a lease. I wanted to leave after 2 or 3 weeks!

Lets recognize Miami for what it is. Miami has an amazing beach. Miami has beautiful blue water. Aside from that, it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The problem was, once you settle into normal life, you don't get to go to the beach that much. What are you left with then?

You are left with the rudest people in the United States. Period.

The people in Miami (and Broward County too) are so nasty. I am not a violent person, yet I wanted to fight someone about once a week. You will get treated like sh*t at every gas station, grocery store, walgreens, mcdonalds, blockbuster video, 7-11, and on and on. Every other place I've lived, if you treat a customer that way you get fired. Not in South FL though........and as a result I blew my top numerous times.

Here is something else you might find interesting. The Cubanos love to call people "Americans" with a nasty tone. Its like people calling black people you know what. They have no respect for this country that saved them from the slum they escaped from. They also think all other Hispanics are beneath them and don't belong in "their city". I got a newsflash for the Cubanos and Cubanitas reading this: if you were born in Miami you are American too! You're just as American as I am so suck an exhaust pipe.

Lets consider one last thing. If Miami is the center of the Universe like the Latins want to believe it is, how come no corporations want any headquarters or presence there? You have Carnival Cruise Lines..........and Bacardi Rum. If Miami is so big and important, where are the other corporate headquarters? No company wants to have anything to do with that cesspool. They know what it is.

Watch and see the responses I get. That is all you'll need to see what kind of people you'll be living among if you choose South Florida. The day I moved away from that cesspool was one of the 5 happiest days of my life.

If you move to Miami or Broward county you probably won't like it. Everyone I met there who wasn't born and raised there, or from some dictator ruled island, hated it and couldn't wait to leave. Watch the Miami people say I'm a redneck and I belong in a backwoods area. LOL. That is their answer for any "American" who doesn't like their tropical cesspool of hate and rudeness. Compared to other places in the US that have culture and dignified people, South FL is the backwoods if you ask me. Most people from Miami have never been to a real city though, so they'll never figure that out.

I hope you won't have to learn the hard way.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 AM

25 posts, read 59,430 times
Default more about Miamiiiiiiiii

By the way, before Don Pingu or Jorge or Rossanna decides to say I'm an ignorant redneck from Tampa.........let me clear a few things up.

I lived in Tampa for a few years. Great place for those of you considering Florida.

I also lived in Chicago.......northern NJ just 10 miles from Manhattan..........and now I live in Dallas.

All 3 of those places...........and Tampa...........are so much better than Miami.

Miami is good for a long weekend at a beach hotel. Aside from that it is a worthless cesspool full of low lifes.

So I'm not some tobacco chewin, trailer park living redneck like Miami people reading this wish I was. It just so happens that a lot of cultured, civilized people who earn a high income think Miami is a piece of sh*t too.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM

15 posts, read 56,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikis View Post
It depends on how much you make? Do you have a wife or someone else to supplement an income? I ask because South Florida has become extremely expensive over the past few years.

If you want to buy a condo, your looking at $200,000 for a half way decent area. Want a townhouse; figure $280,000-$350,000. If you want a single family home, you better play for the Dolphins b/c they go for about $370,000 and up. The houses are expensive, but the property taxes and insurance are what kills you. I rent, so I dont have great figures, but I heard you can pay about $10K a year for both (someone else chime in if Im completely off, but I think thats about average).

Renting here is pretty pricy as well. I live in a relatively good and safe suburb of Ft lauderdale and my rent is $1400 a month for a 2/2.5 townhouse (not including cable, electricity). You can get a 1/1 apt. in my area for about $1,100. I know many places where you can find 1/1 apt's for $800-$900, but the area is not as safe.

The weather is great, except for the occasional hurricane.

There are a lot of jobs, but unfortunately people who are young and just entering the work force don't stand a chance on being able to afford the cost of living (unless they have a working spouse or live with parents).

There are a lot of nice places in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, and there are an equal amount of cess pools (like any metropolitan area) so do YOUR RESEARCH!!! A good way is visit the citie's POLICE DEPARTMENT'S website and see the current "news bulletins". If it's covered with shootings, burglaries and robberies, that should be a red flag. If the website stresses how to fill out an accident report....you do the math.

The trick is to do your homework.
Thank you Mikis,your info was really helpful. I'm thinking to move from NYC to Miami this summer too. What are the best areas of Miami in terms of public middle schools? Take care

Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Default NYC vs Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Youll need a 6 figure income to live a middle class life in south FL and high 5 figures for north FL. Jobs dont pay well and I cant even find a job to begin with. Houses, condos and rent is way too expensive and prices are going down. Me and everyone I know is leaving FL. Unless your rich, reconsider.
I'm thinking to move from NYC to Miami. Please compare. We pay $400 a month for two cars insurance and it is not a full coverage. We pay $1,500.00 (electricity, cable, gas are not included) a month rent for 1 bedroom near cold ocean. No pool, no gym, no parking. We have mice in the apartment, rats in the area and in the subway stations. NYC weather is terrible. The people are stressful. What about Miami. How is life there now?

Last edited by Katrina O; 03-08-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
I've always been under the impression that the west coast was less expensive than the east (especially compared to south east florida). I've never been to Tampa but I've heard good things about it. I have relatives that just moved to that area and are renting for now. They're renting a 3br for $820. I remember back in my apartment living days- I couldn't find a decent 1 bedroom in palm beach for that price.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I've always been under the impression that the west coast was less expensive than the east (especially compared to south east florida). I've never been to Tampa but I've heard good things about it. I have relatives that just moved to that area and are renting for now. They're renting a 3br for $820. I remember back in my apartment living days- I couldn't find a decent 1 bedroom in palm beach for that price.
That's interesting, especially if they pay this price for a safe area with good public schools. What about jobs in Tampa?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina O View Post
That's interesting, especially if they pay this price for a safe area with good public schools. What about jobs in Tampa?
I'm not sure about the schools (overall) in Tampa. Her husband works from home and she's a therapist. I'll have to ask them about their neighborhood (even though I'm not at all familiar with the place). I just $820 for a home is incredibly cheap.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,856 times
Wow, seems like no one lived in Jersey because as expensive it is here, you will be gone! Not to mention the jobs here are not what you Floridians think. I had plenty of jobs in the city( law firms, sales, customer service) you name it. Up here, you really have to know someone to get plugged in a good solid position. Gotta have at least a masters to be able to afford a good place to live. I have been to the Tampa area a few times and fell in love with it. Of course there are some pro and cons coming from Jersey, but the high cost of living up here will drown you. If you think $100,000 salary up here will put you in the best area for school, not happening. My wife is a teacher but ever since we had our daughter, no jobs over 2 yrs! I have a good job set up in Tampa paying more than I make in Jersey. And about the whole thing about getting paid more up here, usually it's a few bucks difference( good luck renting anything under $1000)you will end up working your behind off. I work no less than 58 hours weekly just to make $60,000 yrly. I will miss the fall, but other than that, u can keep it. In order to have a great house, get ready for a fixer upper in a expensive place. Houses up here in a mediocre place is high $250,000. So much people fighting for jobs, arrogant people, folks always in a hurry, angry humans behind the wheel, ect... Can't wait to get outta here, Florida here we come!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM

10 posts, read 32,605 times
[quote=backtofla;485822]first of all, no offense to poster, but this is another post you have to take with a grain of salt, because, once again, someone wants to categorize THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLA.

to say to raise a family elsewhere is rediculous. the state of fla is big. not every city is like miami.

2. traffic. yes, the entire state of fla is crowded with way too much traffic (no, not really). have you ever considered the fact that 75% of floridians live on just 25% of the land??? do you think the rest of the state is really that crowded where 75% of us dont live??? are you trying to say there is not one small town in fla???

Hi.
Just wanted to comment on this section of what you said. Most Floridians live away from much of the midsection of Florida because so much of it is swampland, and very hard to live in. Not all of it, but a great deal of it.
2tired2move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida