Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 08:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times

Advertisements

Last week, the prices reflected it. Read the story. Watch the video.

Townhomes a steal in Fort Myers | WINK-TV - Fort Myers, FL | Local & Florida

Old 06-09-2007, 08:19 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychiefsfan View Post
nationwide home prices are up 29.2 percent over the past three years and 64.3 percent over the past five years. That should be enough to comfort consumers who might be worried about the value of their homes, say Business Week Magazine analysts,.

REALTOR® Magazine-Daily News-Housing Bounces Back: Here are the Signs
And salaries went up what percentage over the past three and five years, so that singles or families could afford these rising prices?????????

Old 06-09-2007, 08:19 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
ah yes, the glass is half full
No, If you know interest rates are going up and you are on the fence. If you find something you like at a price you like you will be inclined to buy.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
No, If you know interest rates are going up and you are on the fence. If you find something you like at a price you like you will be inclined to buy.
But why do that ? If you sold and have cash and the rates are up, Why in the world would you want to buy now. Its not the stock market you won't miss the boat, Let all the ARM's clear the way for a deal, IO loans are crashing. We are now seeing the first of the 3 year ARM's and we still have the 5 year ARM's out there. Will the market turn before the 5 year ARM's start to pinch ? I just don't see the rush. The less you pay the less the taxes and HOI will cost. In the history of loans we have never seen anything like this. And I will bet we won't see it again in our lifetime.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,205,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
But why do that ? If you sold and have cash and the rates are up, Why in the world would you want to buy now. Its not the stock market you won't miss the boat, Let all the ARM's clear the way for a deal, IO loans are crashing. We are now seeing the first of the 3 year ARM's and we still have the 5 year ARM's out there. Will the market turn before the 5 year ARM's start to pinch ? I just don't see the rush. The less you pay the less the taxes and HOI will cost. In the history of loans we have never seen anything like this. And I will bet we won't see it again in our lifetime.
all I could say is that homes at the level I'm interested in more than likely are not owned by people who borrowed with sub prime loans and are not in danger of foreclosure.

as an aside, The local paper ran a story yesterday about sales ande values and in MY zip code values increased by 52% with sales down over 50%, only one of 3 zip codes in a 4 county area to see appreciation close to those levels.
Remember all real estate is local, YMMV

Old 06-09-2007, 09:37 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
Quote:
all I could say is that homes at the level I'm interested in more than likely are not owned by people who borrowed with sub prime loans and are not in danger of foreclosure.

as an aside, The local paper ran a story yesterday about sales ande values and in MY zip code values increased by 52% with sales down over 50%, only one of 3 zip codes in a 4 county area to see appreciation close to those levels.
Remember all real estate is local, YMMV
Very true it is local, But the last few years have been history. I have never seen gains like this in Florida. If your in downtown Naples your fine, but most of this was new found money. Subprime or not most people went over the edge. We will just have to see how long they can last.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,205,137 times
Quote:
Subprime or not most people went over the edge. We will just have to see how long they can last.
this is the fallacy of all the gloom and doomers, not everyone who bought at the top is bailing out, not everyone at bought at the top is losing their job, not everyone who bought at the top is going belly up, if you have to sell, you're screwed, but if you don't have to sell and you're living in the home what's the difference what the value is, you not selling, it just isn't an issue

Old 06-10-2007, 04:30 AM

372 posts, read 860,156 times
Quote:
ah yes, the glass is half full
LOL!!!!

Lemme get this straight.

1. There's a kajillion houses on the market.
2. While there are many houses, they're still overpirced.
3. The interest rates go up, making housing even more unaffordable.

Sarcastic Question of the Week:
Does anyone want to make a prediction of what will happen if interest rates increase?

Here's your choices:

1. The housing market turns around, filled with people fearing higher interest rates. The average price of a house in FL becomes $483,912
2. Stagflation
3. The country goes into a full flegged recession
4. Both 2 & 3
5. None of the above.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post
And salaries went up what percentage over the past three and five years, so that singles or families could afford these rising prices?????????
Hey, I'm on your side!!! I get a kick out of those kind of articles posted by the NAR.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
((((Standing ovation at end of speech))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida