Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Just received a DM from Kelsie. She said to say "hi" and that she misses us all. She looks forward to coming back asap. She has still not gone to her daughters but will be leaving soon. There is some uncertainty regarding her daughter diagnosis. The Dr.s have her on some pretty heavy antibiotics that they use for MERSA and it's been hard on her daughter. Hopefully these antibiotics will work and get rid of the problem!! I told Kelsie I'd keep everyone here updated.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Good Sunday afternoon friends! I had to keep singing in my head "This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice & be glad in it" when I ventured out this morning. I haven't left this house since last Tuesday when we got our teeth cleaned!

Mistyck welcome again to the thread.

Scotlas we are glad you are here to share your menus too!

cyn did you ever see a 30 you liked better? WTG! Would you like me to mail you some of the snowflakes we got last night?

dramamama welcome if I haven't said that before.

NMS you are always welcome to drop in at my house! The chicken broth is going now for those noodles to take a bath!

Debsi the first time I saw a live shrimp when I moved to FL I about freaked out thinking I loved eating such an ugly thing. Then my first time served with the vein OMG that was nasty. But my love for shrimp prevailed so I still dig in.

Oodles of noodles that is my war cry today by golly! Of course we are having chicken & noodles, mashed potatoes, slow cooked green beans from the garden and jello. I'll be taking a plate down to our neighbor later and a meal's worth into a couple that has been having a hard go in the last 2 weeks. Then oldest called last night when I told him I had made noodles he wanted me to drop him off some too when I go into town. Soooooooo hopefully there will be some leftover I can put in the freezer for later use. Around my parts when egg noodles get made it is like vultures flying over and you have a lot of new best friends. Of course those new best friends don't make their own egg noodles. I don't mind I love serving others guess that is my gift to cook and share. Although around here I am considered a very good cook but reading some of your meals make me feel like an amatuer at times. I have just good ole country cooking all my life now the past few years I have tried my hand at other cuisines. Ya all are helping me on that journey thank you so much!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,682 times
I am thinking about firing up the grill. It is 33° out and compared to the last two days that is a heat wave.

Throw:

Potatoes
Italian Sausages
and Mushrooms and onions on the grill.

That means hubby has to cook. LOL I'm loving it!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Welcome to Scotslass and Mystick - you both sound like you'll fit right in here! There's nothing in the world better than the combination of good food and good friends, which is why I spend so much time in this forum. It's probably also why I'm a bit (ok, a lot) chubbier than I should be, but, eh, we've all got to have our vices. And food and friends are mine!

Well, since the university is still on break and there aren't 40,000 college kids cruising State Street on Saturday night, we were able to get seated right away at our favorite sushi place, and had a wonderful supper. Miso soup, shumai (steamed shrimp dumplings) and a big platter each of assorted sushi pieces each with its dab of sticky rice.... oh my, but it was good. Symphony was excellent as well; Mozart's Paris symphony was on the agenda, along with a Sibelius violin concerto and Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet Suite, and all were very fine indeed. The director did something a bit different with the R&J, which I found quite interesting, though I think it baffled some in the audience. He had one of the actors from American Players Theatre, a nearby repertory theater that focuses primarily on Shakespeare plays, doing sort of narrative bridges between the different musical sections of the piece, and for those of us familiar with the play and Shakespearean dialog, I think it worked quite well. All in all, a fun evening.

And tonight, spouse has promised to let me have a chance at the kitchen, so I can try Elston's pork chop recipe! I am so stoked - I think this is the third time this month I've had a chance to actually cook! I really don't mind the fact that he does most of the cooking, because I know how passionate he is about it, but I always appreciate a chance to play myself.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM

I love homemade noodles in my potatoe soup!! YUMMY!!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Cyn - Please tell Kelsie we miss her!

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 01-18-2009 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Tonight is left-over night. I have some left over Pantry Soup and some left over 7-layer Casserole.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:26 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Welcome to Scotslass and Mystick - you both sound like you'll fit right in here! There's nothing in the world better than the combination of good food and good friends, which is why I spend so much time in this forum. It's probably also why I'm a bit (ok, a lot) chubbier than I should be, but, eh, we've all got to have our vices. And food and friends are mine!

Well, since the university is still on break and there aren't 40,000 college kids cruising State Street on Saturday night, we were able to get seated right away at our favorite sushi place, and had a wonderful supper. Miso soup, shumai (steamed shrimp dumplings) and a big platter each of assorted sushi pieces each with its dab of sticky rice.... oh my, but it was good. Symphony was excellent as well; Mozart's Paris symphony was on the agenda, along with a Sibelius violin concerto and Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet Suite, and all were very fine indeed. The director did something a bit different with the R&J, which I found quite interesting, though I think it baffled some in the audience. He had one of the actors from American Players Theatre, a nearby repertory theater that focuses primarily on Shakespeare plays, doing sort of narrative bridges between the different musical sections of the piece, and for those of us familiar with the play and Shakespearean dialog, I think it worked quite well. All in all, a fun evening.

And tonight, spouse has promised to let me have a chance at the kitchen, so I can try Elston's pork chop recipe! I am so stoked - I think this is the third time this month I've had a chance to actually cook! I really don't mind the fact that he does most of the cooking, because I know how passionate he is about it, but I always appreciate a chance to play myself.
Yes it is quite the contrast from the usual dog eat dog, personal attacks on the other parts of CD, its very disheartening.
I look forward to sharing menus and pictures

Old 01-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Yes it is quite the contrast from the usual dog eat dog, personal attacks on the other parts of CD, its very disheartening.
I look forward to sharing menus and pictures
Yep, and we don't allow that kind of nonsense here! We're having to much fun enjoying each other and all the new ideas!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:29 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yep, and we don't allow that kind of nonsense here! We're having to much fun enjoying each other and all the new ideas!
Thanks, i look forward to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink