Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Just back from the farmers market.... it is warm today.... almost 40 and heading upwards to ALMOST 50- or so they say..... I hope they aren't fibbing.... so many people are outside. It was so nice to see. .....

What sorts of things did you see at the Farmers Market in early February?

Did you buy a lot?

At the farmers market in Santa Monica, CA they have some of the best tacos I have ever eaten. (the market itself isn't much to write home about tho, it's small)

Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Hey all! Finally decided to return from the lakehouse! Hope y'all have been behaving! Ha!

Dinner tonight is something easy with ground beef. Suggestions are appreciated!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Meatblls with bbq sauce.

Greek seasoned meatballs with tzatsiki sauce.

Chinese seasoned meatballs with hoisin or plum sauce or oyster sauce.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:04 AM

190 posts, read 543,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I found this recipe. It looks very good. Tell us how it comes out.

Liberty's Festive Pie (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/07/05/FD28478.DTL&type=food - broken link)

And thank you for the meatloaf recipe.
WOW, sounds too good to be true!! Thank you!
and...., your welcome, I only hope it comes out well for you!! let e know
Monica!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Happy Saturday! I got about 12 hours of sleep last night and I've stopped sneezing.....so feeling better

Tonight we are going out to celebrate Valentine's day because we can't next weekend. I am giving BF choice of cuisine (sushi, Italian, "meat", or seafood) and then I am going to pick the restaurant.

He also was planning on surprising me and taking me to see "Chicago" tonight, but he is skiing today for the first time this season and I think he is going to be beat, so the plan for now is to go to the Sunday matinee tomorrow instead.

Have a good day!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:23 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
What sorts of things did you see at the Farmers Market in early February?

Did you buy a lot?

At the farmers market in Santa Monica, CA they have some of the best tacos I have ever eaten. (the market itself isn't much to write home about tho, it's small)
I got a ton of BROC! LOL for $2 I swear I must have about three giant heads, three big cukes for a buck, a giant eggplant for $1, five good sized zucchini for $1, cilantro for $1- a large bunch, about five large red peppers $2, basket of Empire Apples for $1.50, a basket of Bosch Pears for $2, 5 tomatoes for $1.... some other things I can't think of off the top of my head.... I love the market.... ours has really good prices and I save a ton. I go for the produce alone.... and I have figured out which stands I like and which ones to STAY AWAY FROM!!!!! I go so often.....

Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hey all! Finally decided to return from the lakehouse! Hope y'all have been behaving! Ha!

Dinner tonight is something easy with ground beef. Suggestions are appreciated!
We missed you! Hope you had a wonderful time at the lakehouse. How about goulash or taco soup? Both have been talked about lots lately!!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Lacey actually when I am home alone, which isn't often, I tend to forget about me. You are right I do deserve something special thanks!

skbs have loads of fun on girls night out! I dread the process of selling our place wish somebody would just knock on our door and make a offer. That has actually happened twice in the 20+ years we've lived here. Now that I am ready to sell it won't.

Kats welcome back! Drawing a blank besides inside out burgers that are stuffed with various things.

gentlearts great planning on the dessert!

cyn my DD is dying to wear her flip flops too.

Monica please give us a report on the pie YLisa posted.

HG glad you are feeling better and enjoy your night out as well!

We are finally at 51° here yeah! Let the standing waters begin.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Lacey actually when I am home alone, which isn't often, I tend to forget about me. You are right I do deserve something special thanks!

skbs have loads of fun on girls night out! I dread the process of selling our place wish somebody would just knock on our door and make a offer. That has actually happened twice in the 20+ years we've lived here. Now that I am ready to sell it won't.

Kats welcome back! Drawing a blank besides inside out burgers that are stuffed with various things.

gentlearts great planning on the dessert!

cyn my DD is dying to wear her flip flops too.

Monica please give us a report on the pie YLisa posted.

HG glad you are feeling better and enjoy your night out as well!

We are finally at 51° here yeah! Let the standing waters begin.
LOL.... Jaxson... I just checked and we are at 48.... I am hoping I see some grass today... but I doubt it... the snow is to my waist at some spots along the driveway's edge... one can always hope though..... I am itching for some green.....just a spot or two would be nice

Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
We're at 21 and it's a wet cold-yuk-the kind that hurts.

SKBS-Check YoungLisa's thread about recalls on food-your Luna bars are on there.

Jaxson yes do something out of the norm-easy, special treat just for you.

Welcome back Kats!!!!!!!! You were missed. How about meatloaf-comfort food.

Selling-ain't for sissies in this market! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink