Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OMG, that's funny...unless you're the one being hounded! Enjoy your dinner, skbs. You may have a budding Rachel Ray there!
LOL even when you're hounded it is cute but I am biased...LOL (as I am listening to MOMMY IS THE SOUP READY??!! MOMMY?? IS IT? HUH?? IS THE SOUP READY MOMMY?) Oh, my kids LOVE Rachael Ray... in fact she calls her "The Other Robbie Ray Whose a Girl" because she keeps forgetting Rachael and the father on Hannah Montanna's name is Robbie Ray. I guess it is confusing for a four year old and she thinks they are related LOL

Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
[quote=crazyworld;5317863]OMG Cyn.....when I read this I thought of you and your exploding can. I love that story![/QU

I had a horrible flashback when I read that too! Ha! I know it can be done but all I can say is do it in the morning and be very aware of it running out of water!! Keep a close eye on it!! I still don't know how it taste once it's done except from the few bits I scraped here and there from various parts of my kitchen! Of course I only tasted what was stuck on the edible surfaces!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Elston, a while back you mentioned using some Panko to bread chicken. I have a couple of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, not to big. I was considering breading them in some Panko. Do you do an egg wash and then dip them in the Panko? About how long and at what temp. would you cook them??

Old 09-18-2008, 11:34 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Default Panko Panko Panko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Elston, a while back you mentioned using some Panko to bread chicken. I have a couple of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, not to big. I was considering breading them in some Panko. Do you do an egg wash and then dip them in the Panko? About how long and at what temp. would you cook them??

First I flour the moist raw chicken pieces and then dip them in egg wash and press them in the panko flakes to cover and tehn I fry them but someone else said they did them in the oven and they browned nicely that way. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure who it was.....perhaps nomadicus.....I will try to find it. (I don't know what temp he did them at.) When I fry them.....it is "till done"

Oh I think the ones done in the oven are not prepared using an egg wash....instead I think they are dipped in melted butter or margerine......so really not much difference fat/calorie wise.

Last edited by elston; 09-18-2008 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-18-2008, 11:45 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My cobbler tastes delicious....but it didnt turn out as described. I made apple and used 8 small macs----was a lot of sliced apples----many of them ended up on top and didnt get covered by the creeping crust, which seemed to puff up at the edges more than in the middle...???? It is very good, I thnk there may have been too much apple.
Elston, same thing here. We used a ton of peaches and so it was just like you described but oh so tasty! We had it with whipped cream. Can't wait to go home and eat some more. The fresh peaches from our community garden are to die for!!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Elston I have one for apple crisp where you can use a lot of apples

Apple Crisp

use about 10-12 apples (cut-up)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter (softened)

Take 1/2 cup of the sugar and all the cinnamon and pour over apples in a bag. Shake up and put in a buttered rectangular pan.
In a separate bowl put flour, remaining sugar and butter. Mix with your fingers until it becomes really crumbly.
Sprinkle over the apples.

Bake 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Turn off the oven BUT leave the pan in there until golden brown or you are ready to eat it.

Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

Also makes a great air freshener.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Yum CrazyW.

Skbs-what a fun day for you-she sure will enjoy the soup when it's done.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Yum CrazyW.

Skbs-what a fun day for you-she sure will enjoy the soup when it's done.
She keeps walking by, taking a big sniff and saying "That smells simply devine" I have no idea where the heck she picked it up...

Old 09-18-2008, 12:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
That is precious. My youngest loves the word "actually" - uses it in about every sentence.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
First I flour the moist raw chicken pieces and then dip them in egg wash and press them in the panko flakes to cover and tehn I fry them but someone else said they did them in the oven and they browned nicely that way. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure who it was.....perhaps nomadicus.....I will try to find it. (I don't know what temp he did them at.) When I fry them.....it is "till done"

Oh I think the ones done in the oven are not prepared using an egg wash....instead I think they are dipped in melted butter or margerine......so really not much difference fat/calorie wise.
So, you use flour AND panko?

And I have been up and down the Asian food aisle more times than i can count and I can't find the stuff. I am really interested with all of this hot Panko talk on here LOL I will be on a mission next time I am at Wegmans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink