Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Elston I have one for apple crisp where you can use a lot of apples

Also makes a great air freshener.
That is the best part!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
A bag...LOL I've been zippin' down that aisle looking for a can of bread crumbs. No wonder I haven't found them in all this time... okay... now I will look for a bag... thank you Lacey
I never knew bread crumbs came in a bag, either. Heck, I had to look up panko when I came to this thread, just to find out it was breadcrumbs.

Is there any difference between panko and any other kind of seasoned bread crumbs?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:30 PM

Tonight will be tossed salad, NY strip steak, creamed spinach and corn on the cob.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
And dinner is what time???
About 7.30 EST...you can bring dessert if you'd like!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I never knew bread crumbs came in a bag, either. Heck, I had to look up panko when I came to this thread, just to find out it was breadcrumbs.

Is there any difference between panko and any other kind of seasoned bread crumbs?
Your dinner sounds wonderful.

There is definitely a difference! Things breaded with panko get crispier.

Here's the wikipedia on panko:

Panko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post

Panko crumbs are white (made from white bread without the crust) and are bigger, flatter flakes - as opposed to the usual seasoned crumb which is almost a powder. The panko makes a coating which is more open-textured than a powder-crumb, so it's lighter and gets crisper more easily...I guess.....

Old 09-18-2008, 04:20 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I thought I saw it in a box. I've been looking for Gold's Curry ever since Elston gave me his recipe and I still can't find it, but I really have only gone to 2 supermarkets. But I did see the panko one time.
http://www.sbfoods.co.jp/eng/img/gyoumu/golden_curry_saucemix_el.jpg (broken link)
This is what it looks like or at least it is the on I found at the market

Old 09-18-2008, 04:31 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
This is what it looks like or at least it is the on I found at the market
I sent you a message "thats it" and it is golden curry.....but that one may not be what I described. The one I use doesnt have the meat or vegetables in it....it looks like a big block of hersey chocolate and you add it to your own meat and veggies and water......the one you pictured maybe a ready made product.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:31 PM

So I was at the market and was going to get a chuck roast but got short ribs instead. They have been bubbeling in bbq sauce for about the last three hours. I am going to pull the tender meat apart return to sauce and then pour this over mashed potatoes. Corn on the cob and butter bread will top this off

SouthDown that Banoffi and Nutella... I heart you
Lacey I have to agree with you mom did a good job with this thread. You go out and have fun tonight!!
SKBS Bravo to you! It is so important to include your little ones in the kitchen. Some of my best memmories are making choc chip cookies with my mom I always got at least one of the blenders (darn brother ha ha).
I have cobbler envy right now!
Crazyworld think am gonna use your recipe for those apple crisp. I'll make it this weekend just for the smell of it ha ha ha ha! Thank you
Good for you HighlandsGal go out and have fun!
VPCATS The curry can be easily over looked. Oh yeah remember Elston recomended Med Hot
Mom LOVE YA!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I sent you a message "thats it" and it is golden curry.....but that one may not be what I described. The one I use doesnt have the meat or vegetables in it....it looks like a big block of hersey chocolate and you add it to your own meat and veggies and water......the one you pictured maybe a ready made product.

Elston that is just the pic on the package. When I open it it is how you described a brick o curry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink