Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 07:33 PM

99,600 posts, read 4,493,595 times

Advertisements

Baked chicken breast and carrots, and a green salad.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:51 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,079,840 times
Tonight I had a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I had defrosted and needed to use up. A couple of weeks ago, I had found a recipe that sounded promising, so I saved it with a note "TRY THIS SOON" ... and tonight was the night.

The dish is called Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken and it's here: Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken Recipe - Allrecipes.com . It had great reviews so I expected good things. (Oh, the "spicy" is from a bit of cayenne pepper ... I used a bit less than the 1/4 tsp. called for in the recipe, but it still had a nice "kick" to it!)

I cut the chicken breasts in half but otherwise didn't do anything to them (i.e. no pounding). Here's how they looked after 1 turn in the pan:

Yeah, yeah, the shapes aren't the greatest , but the color is looking good! While the chicken was cooking, I stir-fried some fresh veggies -- tonight it was carrots, asparagus, onions, and mushrooms. And voila!

The chicken was REALLY good. I usually bake chicken so it's nice to have a stovetop recipe, especially since I'm cooking the veggies on the stovetop anyway. Next time I will add more lime juice and/or chicken broth at the end to make more sauce -- there wasn't enough!

I still have 3 breast-halves -- I may actually freeze a couple of them to see how they turn out.

Hope you had a great dinner, too! And happy Friday, everyone!

Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,199,992 times
Teriyaki chicken, rice and peppers. Drank Modelo Negra beer.

That makes three posts in a row with chicken! Karen, the food in those pics looks delicious!

Old 02-02-2018, 11:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Sheet pan supper: halved Brussels sorouts, chunked sweet potatoes, thick red pepper spears and sweet onion sections tossed in olive oil, Spike seaoned salt and ground caraway seed. Roated in 400 deg oven. In the last 10 minutes in the oven, I added leftover, shredded chicken breastvwhich I had soaked in chicken broth. Topped with salted peanits.

One bowl dinner for a Friday night.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 PM

38,903 posts, read 22,892,149 times
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli florets.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:26 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Tonight I had a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I had defrosted and needed to use up. A couple of weeks ago, I had found a recipe that sounded promising, so I saved it with a note "TRY THIS SOON" ... and tonight was the night.

The dish is called Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken and it's here: Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken Recipe - Allrecipes.com . It had great reviews so I expected good things. (Oh, the "spicy" is from a bit of cayenne pepper ... I used a bit less than the 1/4 tsp. called for in the recipe, but it still had a nice "kick" to it!)

I cut the chicken breasts in half but otherwise didn't do anything to them (i.e. no pounding). Here's how they looked after 1 turn in the pan:

Yeah, yeah, the shapes aren't the greatest , but the color is looking good! While the chicken was cooking, I stir-fried some fresh veggies -- tonight it was carrots, asparagus, onions, and mushrooms. And voila!

The chicken was REALLY good. I usually bake chicken so it's nice to have a stovetop recipe, especially since I'm cooking the veggies on the stovetop anyway. Next time I will add more lime juice and/or chicken broth at the end to make more sauce -- there wasn't enough!

I still have 3 breast-halves -- I may actually freeze a couple of them to see how they turn out.

I can't rep you yet but those pics are awesome! I am stealing that recipe. It sounds like something we would like.

My husband says he is making roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. I did not argue with him!

Old 02-03-2018, 05:30 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
It was too late to edit and add a pic to my original post; so this is a pic of the mussels without the sauce on top... the sauce is light and fragrant from the fennel seeds..the hot pepper flakes give it just the nicest jab of Diablo. ..perfect for dipping the toasted bread into.
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ic145171-a.jpg
I repped you before I saw this. It looks wonderful. I love mussels!

I absolutely love seeing the pictures. Please keep posting them if you can everyone.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:06 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

That looks delightful..

Old 02-03-2018, 07:08 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I repped you before I saw this. It looks wonderful. I love mussels!

I absolutely love seeing the pictures. Please keep posting them if you can everyone.
thanks, and will do about the pictures..but sometimes I forget because I am too hungry.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:24 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
SO changed yesterday's to very spicy grilled boneless chicken thighs, rice a roni with orzo and basmati and green salad with red onions and oranges. He will have to face that rib eye today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink