Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
That's good to know. I just saw one of those places in the past couple of days and I wondered about it. Thanks!
I'll google them now.

EDIT: Wow. I just googled them. No thank you! That's not for me, for sure! I don't do tortillas or rice or black beans or plantains....

I don't do Cuban or Latin anything! Yuck!
BUT, I'm glad you enjoyed!

What was the chicken like?
Oh, you don't do black beans? They are one of my favorite, but I can live without the plantains forever. I do like some Cuban foods, but haven't had any for years. Maybe I would feel differently if I tried some now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
Pollo Campero chicken is marinated for an extended period in a citrus marinade. The outside of the chicken is crispy and very flavorful and the coating doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the chicken. They also offer grilled chicken which is citrus marinated.

As for the sides - I order the Campero Beans which are similar to Frijoles Charros. And if you don't like tortillas they do have bread rolls.

C'mon - you have to try them at least once, to me it's as good as what KFC was decades ago (don't get me started on KFC - I used to really like their product).

Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Default Fast food ads vs. reality

Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

I thought this was kind of a cool site. I remember I had a colleague who used to say (When I was on the base at Yokota and would go to get us some Burger King take out.) "Good old Burger King. Always get that stamp of approval." I swear, they smashed those take out sandwiches like they had just stolen their best friend.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
The Beef n Cheddar gets my vote for the least appealing.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Mmmmmm ... you're making me hungry!

Fast forward to 3:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK332QsfYRc

Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 PM

469 posts, read 566,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, you don't do black beans? They are one of my favorite, but I can live without the plantains forever. I do like some Cuban foods, but haven't had any for years. Maybe I would feel differently if I tried some now.
Cuban food is great but most of all I like Cuban drinks like Mojitos and Cuban coffee yummie

Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 AM

1,092 posts, read 720,073 times
Definitely in the mood for chinese today. General Taos, Sesame chicken and chow mein here i come!

Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Default has anyone ever done something stupid like this?

Ok, so my brain doesn't always get used the way it should but here is my story.

I love garlic, we use it daily and I like the bulbs, no other way. Well, about a week ago I was shopping and grabbed one of those mesh stockings with 3 bulbs. That was fine: yes, I had about 3 bulbs at home but I could always use more. Then Wednesday, I was at Sams and it was so cheap, I bought the huge mesh stocking. I had a coupon for a home delivery of organic veggies I had purchased for less than 1/2 price and it was expiring so I ordered on line. That was a few weeks ago and delivery was this past Thursday. Of course I forgot everything I ordered or some of it. I knew I ordered fresh beets and leeks, but I couldn't remember what else. You can probably guess what was on the list: Yep, more garlic. So now, I have, sitting on my counter 32 bulbs of garlic. Can someone give me some ideas what to do with them. Oh, one more thing, I did the same with mushrooms, but not quite as bad. Any suggestions for them as well?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:07 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,643 times
Walk out your backdoor......take a trowel with you.....dig up a patch of dirt, and push those little individual cloves of garlic into the ground....cover with dirt and go back in the house and get a couple of margaritas and get ready to watch your garlic grow.

Before long you won't have to worry about buying too much garlic, you will have tons of really tasty garlic right outside your backdoor. This fall plant some more and next year your garlic will be even bigger bulbs.

By the way, keep on drinking margaritas .....especially when you eat food you have cooked using your own home grown garlic.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:48 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
I'd make duxelles from the mushrooms and freeze it in small batches.

This may give you an idea of preserving the garlic: Preserving garlic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink