Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

I couldn't begin to recall the name--but I had some delicious crepes and onion soup in a little place in Montreal. After walking around in on a rather cool August day...needed a sweater that night. Montreal is on my list of places to visit again.

In Atlanta--Violet's--French Country Food. A tiny little restaurant --Clairmont/I85. Everything is good. Probably not 'The Best' but when you are surrounded by fast food --it is a nice change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
New Orleans no doubt has the best food in America

Old 03-08-2008, 03:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Peter Lugers in NYC
Any restaurants in Chinatown and Little Italy-NYC
Had awesome Tagliatelle Bolognese in Little Italy, Providence,RI
Nothing beats fresh seafood like eating dockside in Montauk,LI.
Peter's Backyard in Greenwich Village
At a motel in Newburgh,NY there was an attached steakhouse that was beyond awesome.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,308 times
Johnny Carrinos has fantastic food!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:52 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,044 times
Had a favorite on Long Island named Dar Tiffany. No longer live there, but I believe it closed down. My husband and I always went for a nice night out when we were first together.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,531 times
Alinea. Amazing experience, unique, inventive, blows your mind. Pictures of their wonderful dishes: Skillet Doux: Alinea

And slightly off topic: favorite restaurant city is San Sebasian, Spain. Never have I seen the intensity, passion, and sheer magnitude of fine food (in 3 star michelin to dive bars) than any other place.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default Decisions, Decisions

Man, this is such a tough one. I could name off about five or six places that do different things, but I can narrow it down to a two-way tie. They both involve Texas barbecue.

Hammond's BBQ - Glen Rose, Texas
Goode Company BBQ - Houston

They are both fabulous places. But I hate to stop at just two because there are just so many more that are so deserving.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
I had my best meal at Armani's atop the Hyatt Westshore hotel over looking Tampa Bay at sunset. The lobster bisque was wonderful, followed by rare prime rib with au jus and twice-baked potatoes and a chocolate mousse dessert, Unfortunately, I've returned many times since that first night, but it's never been the same...except for the lobster bisque which I've never found better anywhere.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I had my best meal at Armani's atop the Hyatt Westshore hotel over looking Tampa Bay at sunset. The lobster bisque was wonderful, followed by rare prime rib with au jus and twice-baked potatoes and a chocolate mousse dessert, Unfortunately, I've returned many times since that first night, but it's never been the same...except for the lobster bisque which I've never found better anywhere.
Mmm mmm...do you think they'll let me get some to go the next time I'm down there? Love a good lobster bisque!

One other favorite restauant to add, even though I was only there once. While on our honeymoon in Aruba in '92, my husband and I ate at a place called Rigoletto. I had a dish called Land, Sky & Sea which was rigatoni with filet mignon, chicken breast & shrimp. To this day I still drool when I think of that meal! The service was very good too.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:51 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
We once stayed in FL at a place called Sapphire Beach resort. They were then in the process of trying to sell timeshares, so I don't know if they still rent out the place where we stayed, or not, but anyway, I digress..
We had a choice of dining at the restaurant at the complex, or walking a short distance to the condos up the hill and eating at their restaurant. Well, I cannot TELL you how great the food was in both restaurants. We had memorable Beef Wellington at the Sapphire Beach restaurant, and memorable fish dishes on many nights up the hill.
It seems that the time and place influence the experience as much as the food. I only seem to remember vacation food... Fresh seafood on a terrace in Cabo, and an ice cold gazpacho on a deck in the summer in Toronto...the most amazing guacamole and margueritas, which cost $3.00, in a teeny little bar in Cancun.

Last edited by gentlearts; 03-09-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink