Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I decided on the Bisquick Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie. Hadn't made it in a long while and I had all the stuff so...it was good. With corn on the side.

Kelsie~I would blow up like Violet on Willy Wonka if I dined at your table every night...always sounds so delish!

Toosie~I am a Heinz gal too! But, Miracle Whip is my "mayo" of choice, although sometimes I like my turkey sammies with Hellmans!

Now I want some chocolate. I am fresh out. Nomad?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, the xray came back negative for blockage and other problems.... now we are just waiting on her urine test.... she is still on a bland dairy free diet that is driving her nuts. Doc says not to change it. Saw her today and she Chatterbox told her "enough is enough" lol... she wants her chocolate milk back.... now we just wait....

I am going to make dinner when the kids go to bed (I just got home about 40 min ago- was gone since 10:15)..... I have a Bertoli frozen meal my mom handed me and said not to worry about dinner tonight.... I am taking her advice.... just heating and eating..... lol.... she fed them at her house after the xray.... I was so glad.

I really am tired of sittig in Dr's offices today....ugh... at least my back feels beter after the chiropractor!
Glad to hear no blockages or such and that your back feels good. I am thinking a chiro might help with my hip and arm problems.

Aren't moms grand?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
I want some chocolate too!

Kimba, as long as you're a Heinz girl, I can forgive the Miracle Whip issue. No Heinz is a deal-breaker though

Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
We are having stuffed shells, salad, and garlic bread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM

256 posts, read 453,230 times
Default ORIGINAL Brunswick Stew (from Brunswick GA)

BRUNSWICK STEW

6 squirrels, cut in serving-sized pieces
3 cup chopped onion pieces
2 quarts stewed tomatoes
3 quarts water
1 cup diced bacon
4 cups diced potatoes
4 cups lima beans
1/4 - 2 tsps cayenne (to taste)
3-4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste
4 cups corn

Gently saute the squirrel pieces with 1 Tbs of the bacon for about 2 minutes - just barely browning them. Place sauted squirrel pieces in a large Dutch Oven over a fire. Add water. Bring to a boil, slowly then reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.Skim scum off the surface from time to time.. Remove meat from bones and return to liquid. Add rest of bacon, cayenne, salt, pepper, onion, tomatoes, potatoes and lima beans. Cook l hour. Add corn and continue to cook for about 10-20 minutes. Serves eight to ten.
Note: This recipe is particularly suitable for older, less tender animals. Venison, grouse, duck, or other game may be used either in place of, or in addition to, squirrel meat.

I have the big old kettle my grandmama used for making this. I LOVED it - especially a day or so later when it was well seasoned. Her mama had an even bigger kettle, and did cook it over a fire. That kettle was lost in some move somewhere. My grandmama cooked Brunswick Stew on the stove. When she couldn't get any game from her friends who husbands hunted, she would use whatever meat was cheapest and grind it to the right consistency in the meat grinder that attached to the side of the table in the kitchen.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
I found some burger patties in the fridge that I had gotten on the weekend so I fixed them. Had to through out my bread as it was moldy so I just ate chopped steaks with fresh onion and tomato.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM

256 posts, read 453,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, the xray came back negative for blockage and other problems.... now we are just waiting on her urine test.... she is still on a bland dairy free diet that is driving her nuts. Doc says not to change it. Saw her today and she Chatterbox told her "enough is enough" lol... she wants her chocolate milk back.... now we just wait....
Can she have "chocolate" soymilk (made with carob) or rice milk? Yeah, yeah, I KNOW they aren't the same, but at least they taste a little "chocolate-y!"

Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
BRUNSWICK STEW

6 squirrels, cut in serving-sized pieces
3 cup chopped onion pieces
2 quarts stewed tomatoes
3 quarts water
1 cup diced bacon
4 cups diced potatoes
4 cups lima beans
1/4 - 2 tsps cayenne (to taste)
3-4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste
4 cups corn

Gently saute the squirrel pieces with 1 Tbs of the bacon for about 2 minutes - just barely browning them. Place sauted squirrel pieces in a large Dutch Oven over a fire. Add water. Bring to a boil, slowly then reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.Skim scum off the surface from time to time.. Remove meat from bones and return to liquid. Add rest of bacon, cayenne, salt, pepper, onion, tomatoes, potatoes and lima beans. Cook l hour. Add corn and continue to cook for about 10-20 minutes. Serves eight to ten.
Note: This recipe is particularly suitable for older, less tender animals. Venison, grouse, duck, or other game may be used either in place of, or in addition to, squirrel meat.

I have the big old kettle my grandmama used for making this. I LOVED it - especially a day or so later when it was well seasoned. Her mama had an even bigger kettle, and did cook it over a fire. That kettle was lost in some move somewhere. My grandmama cooked Brunswick Stew on the stove. When she couldn't get any game from her friends who husbands hunted, she would use whatever meat was cheapest and grind it to the right consistency in the meat grinder that attached to the side of the table in the kitchen.

More than I need at this hour!!!!!!!

Nite all.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
pot sticker
brocolli n green beans
egg foo yong

Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Can she have "chocolate" soymilk (made with carob) or rice milk? Yeah, yeah, I KNOW they aren't the same, but at least they taste a little "chocolate-y!"
I am thinking about trying it.... she is so bummed.... we will see. If she doesn't like it....at least we tried!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink