Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times

Advertisements

I'm sure sorry to hear about all the sleep-deprived foodies here - I get occasional nights like that, but fortunately not many recently. My sleep issues lately have had more to do with days that are too long than they do with inability to sleep when I do finally get horizontal, but I've been there, and I hope you all get better sleep tonight.

We had breakfast, lunch and supper ready before 7:00 a.m. today: breakfast was cooked and eaten, lunches prepared and packed, and the frozen-solid pot roast in the oven with parsnips, carrots, potatoes and onions with the time-bake set to turn on at 3:00 this afternoon. Our weekly dinner guests will join us tonight, and the forecast is for highs only around 60 today, so an oven-cooked dinner seems like a perfect choice. And since we've gotten a plethora of parsnips in our CSA box the past couple of times, pot roast is a good way to enjoy the bounty.

Have a great day, all!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gotcha on that-worst part is no coffee!!!! I don't function w/o caffiene.

MWBW is glowing brighter this morning.
That's how I used to feel, but they must have taken out my coffee jones while they were working on my shoulder. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I used to drink a pot all by myself every day. Now, I can barely drink one cup a week! I don't really miss the coffee itself, but the ritual behind it, especially on Sunday when that big paper gets here. Oh, well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning one and all!
Skbs, I sure hope all turns out to be ok with Chatterbox. Poor little girl! You are most lucky to have such a caring Dr. in this day and age!
Toosie, I am a little late to respond about Kelsies cookbook but I cannot say enough praise about it. Even "I" can read and understand it and that is saying something. Each and every recipe sounds wonderful. I plan on trying at least one recipe each week from it. My DH fell in love with her cookbook. He read it from the front to the back! The best part----any questions and we have and the author is right here at our beckon call!! Who could ask for more!!
Good point, Cyn. I need to get my order in.

skbs, best of luck w/the chatterbox and her xrays and w/you and your chiro.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:33 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Leftovers for us tonight. The jerk chicken was terrific - will make fresh rice, beans, etc today. Not sure what's on tap for the rest of the week, though.
Toosie, would you like to share the recipe? I think you said this is a specialty of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Still to full from last night to even begin to think about tonight. Beside it is way to early to think period. I just can't think on 4 and a half hours sleep. Maybe a BLT....
I couldn't sleep last night either. A BLT is always a good idea. Except when you're trying to lose weight. We had the chicken last night, so tonight will be my left over turkey faux gyros on tortillas with the minty yogurt sauce I made. Salad or frozen vegetable depending on energy level by the time I go home and walk a few miles.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Congratulations MWBW------well deserved stars indeed!!
Tonight we are having either hot dogs or hamburgers done on the grill--I'm taking the night off---tooooo hot today. Think I'll make up a macaroni salad today to go along with dinner. Any great ideas here for a macaroni salad?? I'm always up for something new and different---but of course simple too! Ha!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
I like lots of chunky stuff in my macaroni salad, but cut very finely so the pieces are smaller than the macaroni. It's not complicated, but it's a pain in the butt to prep! So don't make it that often, but worth it to me..

I dice up celery, sweet onion, pepperoncinis, dill pickles, green and/or red bell pepper, and maybe some italian parsley and put it in a mayo-based dressing.

Great, now guess what I want!!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Sounds good to me! Thanks. Now I have to run to the little neighborhood store to get the things I need!! Hmmmmm, wonder if DH is up to that?!!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Oh pepperoncinis-yum a little kick.

I use celery, onions, pimentoes, peas, maybe some shredded cheese and mayo. I'd rather make mac salad than potato anyday. I made sure Mr. L had his fill of pot salad last week so I don't have to do it for awhile.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Lacey, I love peas in my mac salad.

Here's what hubster's recipe calls for: chopped sweet gerkhins, chopped green olives, onion, S&P, hard boiled egg, mayo and a touch of mustard for a little kick.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,381 times
Good morning all, I slept like a baby last night, lol!
I am making baby back ribs, not sure if I will do them in the oven or on the grill. Will decide later what to have with them, leaning towards baked potato and beans.

Good luck skbs w/chatterbox.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:34 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Nomad today in 1928 - Velveeta Cheese created by Kraft!!! 81 years they have been practicing so you can really enjoy it.

NMS give DH a big hug from me for being helpful with the dishes when he cooked too. That is great you both do them that way nobody is in the kitchen alone.

Yankeegirl glad to see you around the dinner table foodies are very friendly here. I'll be over for supper tonight at your house BTW.

toosie I have never jerked my chicken but I need to try it once.

skbs hope the x-rays turn out OK for Chatterbox.

CW I hope you can take a nap today that is nuts 2.5 hours sleep.

cyn how you doing with your arm?

MWBW congrats on the new star. How did your weekly dinner guests fair while you were busy with the convention?

Debsi that pasta salad sounds yumo.

No clue here either we are heading out to do a bunch of errands today. It will depend on when we get home I'll let ya all know later. Might be Italian sausages with bell peppers and onions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink