Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,425,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Fan View Post
Hey, Im following Rick Sanchez......People are still moving there in great numbers, that stat wont deter people. Stay in Weston, 'my Fring"
as the locals say it. ..South Florida has more issues, so think about that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 PM

167 posts, read 200,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Sounds like someone is fixated on MrNY....

Having lived in NYC, Orlando, South Florida, Dominican Republic (and no Im not latino), and spent extended times in Montreal, I will say South Florida pleases me the least. That's coming from the fact that I've been in many places, and this one does not have what I like, never has. I am not saying Atlanta and its surrounding suburbs/towns are perfect, and I'm not expecting perfection either. That, first of all is non existant. Plus me being in different areas has nothing with me being a malcontent, just to clear the air. The moves were due to school, work and different opportunities during their respective times.

As for why I like Atlanta, how much time do you have?

I'm not your typical, jump to the next hot spot kind of person, if that's what you're thinking, cause if that were the case, I may have already missed the bus for Atlanta, lol. I have numerous reasons why I am making my move there.
Real estate is nice up there, but I'm not rushing to buy property there. I may have missed the bus on some good findings there as well, but is it too late? Am I in a rush to buy? Those are things that I have been looking at, and will continue to do. Im in no financial issues, don't have debt (as in credit card, school loans, upside down mortgage etc), not even a car note (cars have been paid off long ago), dont have property here losing value, very good credit, and so forth. I dont live in a bad area, made a good amount of money during my divorce on houses we bought at the time in Central Florida. (Glad I'm not stuck with the houses, and these taxes, so to let you know, I'm not the norm of South Floridians trying to leave because of either financial mistakes or because of failed high expectations of the place. Not me....No Ma'am..Hope you get an idea of what my situation is like. In plain English, I dont like it..and will be making my move in due time. I will still come to visit friends and family, but to live, I don't want to, and working on leaving summer 2009. The same way Cane Fan loves it, I dont. I dont hate it to the point that I wish it never existed, but I have no love for the place, the same way he does not like Atlanta. It's fair on both ends.
No fixation here ... I like women myself ... .... never said I did not like Atlanta nor that I loved South Florida ... I like both places .. I am just trying to make a point that Atlanta has many , many problems and that it is not the "promised land" that several posters have made it out to be here . By the way this is the first post that I have seen from you that was well thought out , concise and was not "mean spirited" related to South Florida ... a few of us like it down here and yes you become defensive when people bash an area where you have family , went to school , have had great times and actually still enjoy .

Old 08-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Hey, Im following Rick Sanchez......People are still moving there in great numbers, that stat wont deter people. Stay in Weston, 'my Fring"
as the locals say it. ..South Florida has more issues, so think about that...

So you snared a six figure salary from CNN ... good for you , hell even I will move to Atlanta for that sweet deal !!

I have never heard anyone from Weston say "my fring " what does that imply ?

I have no problem with Hispanics as the vast majority in Weston are upscale professionals if that is what the "my fring" thing implies ... no problem "dawg " u"ll be chillin wit hip hop in no time when u move to Hotlanta !!!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:25 PM

119 posts, read 112,750 times
not really. there are more professional, educated people in atlanta than in miami or south fla. period.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fish View Post
not really. there are more professional, educated people in atlanta than in miami or south fla. period.

Whatever ... what is the point of continuing this thread ?

I guess that you will fit right in when you move there ... and make sure you do not send your kids to Atlanta public schools they are even worse than in South Florida ... good luck .

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Whatever ... what is the point of continuing this thread ?

I guess that you will fit right in when you move there ... and make sure you do not send your kids to Atlanta public schools they are even worse than in South Florida ... good luck .
Funny thing is, that's exactly what people all over are saying about Florida schools. Schools are horrible, etc. It's all relative. I never made Atlanta out to be a paradise. Come on! Be real!
Show me in any of my posts where I glorified Atlanta. I say things like they are. I give my perspective about my life where I live or lived, and that's it. I dont even bother bringing up stupid stats or crime reports here. It's futile. People will do what they want, and move where they want to, regardless of what stats you present to them. If the opportunity and situation presented itself for anyone to move, progress and possibly enjoy life elsewhere, many would. Some may not. That's life. Why are you getting hell bent on people not liking it here? I honestly don't care what you think about wherever I go. The reality is this..We are on this forum to exchange ideas, opinions and that's about it. No need to turn it into a cockfight. No matter how much you may hate Atlanta for example (although I clearly read you dont hate it there ), many people are still moving. And the same for South Florida, (well not really, more are leaving than coming at this point ) but you get my point. Relax Cane Fan..It's ok. I will try to work on my hip hop language to blend in with the locals.., and fill you in, once there. How about that? It's ok to disagree...just dont do it in South Florida fashion....(rudely ...I had to get you on that one, LMAO). Seriously, we're all here to chat, relate, and discuss things. Take it easy!!
Peace Amigo..

Old 08-04-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Funny thing is, that's exactly what people all over are saying about Florida schools. Schools are horrible, etc. It's all relative. I never made Atlanta out to be a paradise. Come on! Be real!
Show me in any of my posts where I glorified Atlanta. I say things like they are. I give my perspective about my life where I live or lived, and that's it. I dont even bother bringing up stupid stats or crime reports here. It's futile. People will do what they want, and move where they want to, regardless of what stats you present to them. If the opportunity and situation presented itself for anyone to move, progress and possibly enjoy life elsewhere, many would. Some may not. That's life. Why are you getting hell bent on people not liking it here? I honestly don't care what you think about wherever I go. The reality is this..We are on this forum to exchange ideas, opinions and that's about it. No need to turn it into a cockfight. No matter how much you may hate Atlanta for example (although I clearly read you dont hate it there ), many people are still moving. And the same for South Florida, (well not really, more are leaving than coming at this point ) but you get my point. Relax Cane Fan..It's ok. I will try to work on my hip hop language to blend in with the locals.., and fill you in, once there. How about that? It's ok to disagree...just dont do it in South Florida fashion....(rudely ...I had to get you on that one, LMAO). Seriously, we're all here to chat, relate, and discuss things. Take it easy!!
Peace Amigo..
Good Luck to you and may all of your dreams and wishes come true in Atlanta .... vaya con Dios amigo

Old 08-04-2008, 07:51 AM

4 posts, read 9,146 times
I'm new to Florida, just moved from Kauai. I am not used to people not conversating in a line of a grocery store, or talking story with someone sitting on a bench.People look at me strange when I do these things, my husband always reminds me, " Hon, this is not Kauai". I see that , I'm sure I will adapt......eventually

Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,371,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus381969 View Post
I'm new to Florida, just moved from Kauai. I am not used to people not conversating in a line of a grocery store, or talking story with someone sitting on a bench.People look at me strange when I do these things, my husband always reminds me, " Hon, this is not Kauai". I see that , I'm sure I will adapt......eventually
A friend of mine just moved here from Abu Dhabi and he said the same thing to me. He didn't understand why people were so unfriendly. I told him welcome to America :S

Old 08-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Good Luck to you and may all of your dreams and wishes come true in Atlanta .... vaya con Dios amigo
Thank you..(And dont worry, I wont forget my spanish either, I have to keep it fresh, for my trips back down here) ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area