Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 05:13 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Poor thing.
You have to put a LOT of butter and a LOT of salt on them.
And they shouldn't be cooked to death. Too many restaurants do that.
Have you had polenta? Pretty much the same thing.
Yes, don't like polenta, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think they're like chitlins in that you have to grow up eating them to like them, otherwise you just want to spit them out, lol. I've tried grits but they have no taste that I can discern and the texture is unpleasant to me.
Well, they have to be doctored up - they need the right mixture of butter, salt and pepper. NEVER SUGAR. Of course, you can also add cheese, shrimp, ham bits, bacon, etc.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:06 AM

622 posts, read 949,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Meh...Waffle House...Awful House is mor elike it. I eat there sometimes though.

I live in a city where you can see one Waffle House from the parking lot of another Waffle House.

I'm not kidding.

Here we go. 0.1 miles/27 seconds apart. WTF
Maybe because Waffle House is popular where you live? I've checked both Waffle Houses on Google Street View and one of them is an older building while the other is a newer building. I think they are suppose to close the older one when they were building a new one. I don't see things happening like that where I live.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, they have to be doctored up - they need the right mixture of butter, salt and pepper. NEVER SUGAR. Of course, you can also add cheese, shrimp, ham bits, bacon, etc.
So, like potatoes and corn, they are simply a medium for holding salt and butter? Hahaha.

I didn't like the texture of them. My sister is married to an African-American man, and so she tried to introduce me to grits, and then I tried them again years later when our work cafeteria served them. Just didn't do anything for me.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
Maybe because Waffle House is popular where you live? I've checked both Waffle Houses on Google Street View and one of them is an older building while the other is a newer building. I think they are suppose to close the older one when they were building a new one. I don't see things happening like that where I live.
It looks like the older Waffle House has Coca-Cola while the newer one nearby on the same street has Pepsi-Cola.

Last edited by muppethammer26; 07-31-2014 at 05:32 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 06:20 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
It looks like the older Waffle House has Coca-Cola while the newer one nearby on the same street has Pepsi-Cola.
Well, that's unlikely since Waffle House has an exclusive agreement to market Coke products (as do most restaurant chains).

Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

Virginia never had any Waffle Houses until sometime in the 1990's. I agree that Waffle House is a southern thing. Even though Virginia would be less southern than North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, etc. because there are less Waffle House locations according to the Waffle House website.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times
Waffle House is tasty... but they are dirty as well which has already been mentioned.

In the Northeastern states, there is no reason AT ALL to seek out Waffle house when you have the tons and tons of Mom & Pop shops with food that is of a completely different standard :-)

Old 02-17-2015, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,109 times
I think Waffle House Needs to come to New Jersey. I lived in Fl for 3 yrs and i miss Waffle House. I know people in NJ love IHOP they are booming so why couldnt Waffle house be the same. I mean we have Perkins and IHOP and they both do well.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,251,837 times
Waffle House is a decidedly Southern chain, and with the exception of a handful in the Midwest and West, it's not really reasonable to expect many (if any) new locations outside of Dixie anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.