Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The same can be said of many parts of Minnesota.
Yes, but the bar and supper club culture is much more prevalent in WI compared to MN. When you drive around rural northern WI you will see bars and taverns scattered everywhere. WI people love their alcohol. The scary thing is when they get on the snowmobiles after going to the tavern.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes, but the bar and supper club culture is much more prevalent in WI compared to MN. When you drive around rural northern WI you will see bars and taverns scattered everywhere. WI people love their alcohol. The scary thing is when they get on the snowmobiles after going to the tavern.
It is the same in rural MN.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is the same in rural MN.
I'm not nearly as familiar with rural MN so I will take your word for it.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 PM

284 posts, read 696,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
People dislike Midwest because it is pretentious and pompous. Even your claim is exaggerated as you are not the only region with access to Great Lakes and not the only region with access to fresh water.
You boast being down to earth yet tend to make absurd pompous claims. People also tend to think about Midwest as synonymous with boring, anal, rural, small minded and opinionated mindset.
That was a joke that i made sorry that u got offended did not mean it that way. sorry that was an opinionated mindset thought i will try not to do that again.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
The Midwest is a strange place indeed. People tend to talk AT one another here instead of talking TO one another. VERY VERY opinionated people.... And, that is my opinion.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 AM

I find it odd that the Bureau of Labor Statistics groups Missouri and Kansas in the Mountain-Plains subgroup. The office is actually located in Kansas City and includes: Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Kansas, Missouri, and Utah.
Mountain-Plains Information Office Home Page
Meanwhile the Midwest Information Office is located in Chicago and includes: Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
Midwest Information Office Home Page

Old 07-14-2009, 02:01 PM

69 posts, read 215,038 times
Red face Thanks, so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
The Midwest is a strange place indeed. People tend to talk AT one another here instead of talking TO one another. VERY VERY opinionated people.... And, that is my opinion.
Very true, I have felt that many times, though not ( as I pointed out in my IGNORED post) in Florida, Georgia, or NY.......
I feel that if Midwesterners decide that someone is not worth dealing with, they just ignore.....

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I find it odd that the Bureau of Labor Statistics groups Missouri and Kansas in the Mountain-Plains subgroup. The office is actually located in Kansas City and includes: Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Kansas, Missouri, and Utah.
Mountain-Plains Information Office Home Page
Meanwhile the Midwest Information Office is located in Chicago and includes: Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
Midwest Information Office Home Page
I agree...Missouri and Kansas, especially Missouri, bear no resemblance to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah. Missouri and Kansas belong in the Midwest region. I think that Idaho needs to be included in the Mountain-Plains. I don't know if this is grouped based on resembling statistics or what, but Kansas and Missouri are the furthest thing from the other states they are grouped with and fit best with the Midwest Information Office.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:38 AM

418 posts, read 487,792 times
Is it just me, or do others see no difference in the people and their disgusting corporate landscape, regardless of where in the US they live? Chain stores that resemble a shoebox are all over the place, and the people mindlessly consume in them. There is NO difference between Southerners, Mid westerners, the east coasters or the left coasters.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
People dislike Midwest because it is pretentious and pompous. Even your claim is exaggerated as you are not the only region with access to Great Lakes and not the only region with access to fresh water.
You boast being down to earth yet tend to make absurd pompous claims. People also tend to think about Midwest as synonymous with boring, anal, rural, small minded and opinionated mindset.
Very well said and true. Rep+1 to ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.